∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Season 1 of The Sinner wasn’t THAT bad. I was entertained enough to watch season 1 in two sittings. It was pretty forgettable but it’s still Jessica Biel.

I loved S1, and the ending was perfect. Season 2, yeah no comment. I really don't see how they are gonna wrap season 3 up in one episode. I mean that is why they dont pay me to write shows, but there just seems to be way too many loose ends:

-one eyed black man (white woman with him, may or may not be a Hoyt)
-Hoyt family ordered killings
-This whole talk between Hoyt and Purp
-Roland and Purps falling out
-When Purp and Amelia fell out, her death
-Purps Daughter
-and most importantly what happened to the damn kids

I mean there is more and I am sure everyone else has their unanswered questions. I am honestly preparing myself for a letdown.

Hopefully Pizza Lotto gives you guys the Karkosa fantasy ending you’ve wanted for 7 years.

He’ll probably just reveal that Hays died back in Vietnam though.

Don't know if it's fair

And woodey doesn't get enough credit, perfect number 2/role player

McConaughey vs Ali - who’s performance is better?

Both are great but I think Mahershala is amazing playing an old man with dementia. Everything from his facial expressions, his posture to his mannerisms have been perfect for an older man. He’s really selling it all very well. I don’t think Matthew had to do anything nearly as hard in season 1

Why not fair?

Woody killed it too. But obviously, Rust was the standout character.

Much stronger season and it wasn’t like things completely fall apart without the 2 leads killing it

While I think the 2 leads are killing it here, just doesn’t feel nearly as solid all around

I guess rust was a stranger character and a tougher sell or job

Props to anyone that made it through The Sinner s1 let alone s2.

Show was wild boring with a ****ty pace. The killing in the first ep is the only thng worth seeing. I tried to watch it but never made it through a full ep. Lots of weak uninteresting characters.

And that crazy second season with the kid and parents in a cult or w/e :lol: Man you gotta be crazy to think anybof that is better than this season of TD.

Hopefully Pizza Lotto gives you guys the Karkosa fantasy ending you’ve wanted for 7 years.

He’ll probably just reveal that Hays died back in Vietnam though.
:rofl:

Ali is great. He's playing 3 different eras of the same character. Old man is disrinctly different the younger versions to the point its a different character entirely. Family man Hays also has some differences from

MM was pure talent on top of the fact the character was written to his strengths and seemingly for him.

Hard to compare.

^ mcconaughey was originally assigned to play hart, but he had to convince the show runner to let him play cohle

Well then MM stole that ****, made it his own, owned it completely.

Were roles suppose to be reversed? Cuz I can see Woody playing Rust but not to the same effect.

Well then MM stole that ****, made it his own, owned it completely.

Were roles suppose to be reversed? Cuz I can see Woody playing Rust but not to the same effect.

No idea, I've only seen the story about MM was originally supposed to be the other character because of his character from the Lincoln lawyer

I could see woody pulling it off better than most, but not near what MM did.. basically a mix of his characters from out of the furnace, war for the planet of the apes and even thrown in some zombieland

Back
Top Bottom