∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
You need that disagreement, though. There has to be a balance. I think Pizzolatto needs someone there to smooth out the dialogue, because from what I've seen Pizzolatto tends to overwrite things at times.

Could also be that you had Mathew McConaughey delivering these wild lines.:lol:

I have really enjoyed this season. It started off slow bit ever since the GTA shootout, the episodes have been getting better.

You need that disagreement, though. There has to be a balance. I think Pizzolatto needs someone there to smooth out the dialogue, because from what I've seen Pizzolatto tends to overwrite things at times.

Could also be that you had Mathew McConaughey delivering these wild lines.:lol:

This most likely covered up some of the more questionable writng last season :lol:. The lack of someone in a editorial role this season has showed because some of the writing this season has been cringe worthy at times :lol: :x. Dude is definitely fortunate that he gets to cast some serious acting talent to deliver some of these lines

Last edited:
I have really enjoyed this season. It started off slow bit ever since the GTA shootout, the episodes have been getting better.

The shootout was episode 4.

Only 3 episodes in and people were done with the show. :smh:

I consider myself a wait and see TV viewer. I will watch the entire season of a show no matter how bad it is. Last year I kept watching the Leftovers and the show turned around the last three episodes of the season. I feel the same way about ballers. The last three episodes have been great.

That last quote 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I consider myself a wait and see TV viewer. I will watch the entire season of a show no matter how bad it is. Last year I kept watching the Leftovers and the show turned around the last three episodes of the season. I feel the same way about ballers. The last three episodes have been great.
Absolutely. Same thing with the walking dead the past few seasons

I agree that the writing has been too over the top this season. It's too self-aware of the fact that it's noir. There's been multiple times when I just couldn't get past the fact that no one talks the way they're talking. Especially with Vince's character. I've still enjoyed this season though. It really picked up after the shootout. Last episode Vince really earned his check.

I agree that the writing has been too over the top this season. It's too self-aware of the fact that it's noir. There's been multiple times when I just couldn't get past the fact that no one talks the way they're talking. Especially with Vince's character. I've still enjoyed this season though. It really picked up after the shootout. Last episode Vince really earned his check.

It was just as over the top last year. :lol:

Only difference is that Carey Fukanaga and Mathew Mconghey were having 01 Barry Bonds years.

It was just as over the top last year.
laugh.gif

Only difference is that Carey Fukanaga and Mathew Mconghey were having 01 Barry Bonds years.
I think the hint of mysticism gave more wiggle room. This inner city drama doesn't extend itself well on camera to such verbose proclamations. When Frank's wife walked in on the dead body and he said "here we are now under the bright lights" I was just like fam this isn't a broadway production lol, who says that? All he had to say was "here we are" and it would've been understood. Too many examples of it just being too much noir. Still entertaining though.

I think the hint of mysticism gave more wiggle room. This inner city drama doesn't extend itself well on camera to such verbose proclamations. When Frank's wife walked in on the dead body and he said "here we are now under the bright lights" I was just like fam this isn't a broadway production lol, who says that? All he had to say was "here we are" and it would've been understood. Too many examples of it just being too much noir. Still entertaining though.
Season 1 in the boondocks was perfect for the pace and dialogue. It really just fit so well

The city dynamic is a huge difference and when you have the struggle writing everything is exposed more

In the rural areas of season 1 and the dirtiness of it all I didn't notice the drawn out dialogue as much I thought it actually enhanced the show. But yeah MM and Woody killed it man

If Mcnoghey delivered that line I bet you buy it.

Vince Vaughn and Riley have been a disaster, every scene they are together feels like watching some obtuse expirimental foreign film without the subtitles. :lol:

Last edited:

Type of dudes that wouldn`t have even gotten through season 1 of BB or The Wire :lol: :smh:. A lot of people don`t have patience nowadays,all about that instant payoff/gratification

I could not help but cringe at the “Everything is F***ing.” line. It was so bad :lol:

Same :lol:. Get this man Nick an editor please :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks to whoever posted those 25-30 bullet points basically breaking everything down. Although I had a pretty good idea, just so much to the storyline that that all tied it together(especially regarding the history with Caspere, Burris, and Holloway).

Episode 7 did a marvelous job of answering a lot of questions and also of assuring a finale which I believe will be nothing short of spectacular. This episode was the perfect set up to the 1.5 hour finale. And Vince Vaughn was very convincing in the episode as well after many subpar moments where his gangster character was not too believable.

If Mcnoghey delivered that line I bet you buy it.

Vince Vaughn and Riley have been a disaster, every scene they are together feels like watching some obtuse expirimental foreign film without the subtitles. :lol:

McCogonhey parlayed Rust Cohle into Lincoln ads :lol:

Back
Top Bottom