∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
I have a feeling that the 90’s version of Hayes lost his cool and offed the person responsible...His wife and maybe Roland covered it up for him...The real reason the film crew is talking to him is to trip him up with his story and get some type of confession out of him...Kind of like the Jinx...

32899993148_17418f59c3_o.jpg

Forgive me, I’m slow but what am I missing here?

I felt episode 3 wasn’t as good as the first two but still interesting. And the garbage/recycling guy, what was in that bag that he took out in his storage after he got beat up? Seemed to be a small body in there

Hays has obviously been deeply affected by the Purcell case...the way he panicked when his daughter got away from him at Wal-Mart

Then his wife comes home all chipper because she's got some new tidbits for her book

I'd lash out too

And I think Go Kart Man had some guns and stuff in that bag, but they want us to think it's a body

i think the trash man got guns in those bags too and hes about to go off on the rednecks that charged him up

this or at the very least be armed the next time they come around
i am actually enjoying the slow pace

Def guns in those bags...He’s going to introduce those racists to the jungles of Indochina in the next episode...

i think the trash man got guns in those bags too and hes about to go off on the rednecks that charged him up

I thinks it's a body.

He carried it like a body not a couple of guns.

Why carry the guns all covered up when he lives on the outskirts?

Nobody can see him.

It's probably his kids body.

He didn't kill the little boy but killed his kids and they just assume he's the killer and close the case.

The killer is still out there.

Not with the cops asking questions. No matter where you live never keep your guns in plain sight.

Bound to get shot or arrested.

Wanna say that Stephen Dorff was great as well...love the way he and Ali play off of each other
He looked so familiar but I couldn't place where I saw him. I didn't even bother to look his name up because I thought I wouldn't know it.

So, we’re assuming it was the Uncle that was responsible for the peephole in the closet? Surprised they didn’t outright question him about that.

That was my assumption, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the brother.

Native American vet should've killed those guys.

He will :pimp::nthat:...the only reason he didn't at the time was because they were ******* and jumped him.

At some point either one of the detectives or a higher up fumbled the investigation. I'm wondering if its Hays who ****ed up.

I can't see Hays being the reason it was fumbled, maybe the feds continued to subvert Hays and West's investigation. Just like they did revealing the Halloween connection, and not telling them about the charity from the chicken plant. Hays obviously wasn't with the bull**** and didn't follow suit so it was easy to put **** on him. The lone wolf black man, that isn't hard to sell at all.

Is this season boring? I think this season’s boring.

Give it another episode bro, and take in all the information. Look at the bigger picture, you won't regret it.

Who was the "cop" who came to talk to that guy in the farmhouse before hays and roland? I think it may have been someone much more powerful than them. Then i think hays solved it but such powerful ppl were involved he had to take matters into his own hands, and he took care of them off the books and had to hide it and come up with an alternative explanation of the crime. The interviewer is coming close to figuring out what actually happened, and hays doesnt want that but his memory is ****ed.

It's definitely one of the feds or a higher up trying to **** up the case to protect some powerful people. You think he did this in 1980? Wouldn't he know Julie was alive if all that happened in 1980? I think he solved it in 1990 once they found out she's still alive. My question here is, is the case still cold in 1990 or did they actually arrest someone?

Also, a fancy brown sedan that looked out of place for the neighborhood?

E5805CAD-BAB0-4F28-9D79-B8E8F86FED14.jpeg

Nice find...is 1980 too early for them to know it's a mercedes though? :rofl::rofl:

Hays has obviously been deeply affected by the Purcell case...the way he panicked when his daughter got away from him at Wal-Mart

Then his wife comes home all chipper because she's got some new tidbits for her book

I'd lash out too

And I think Go Kart Man had some guns and stuff in that bag, but they want us to think it's a body

When you've been exposed to the true evil that is "Man" that'll tend to happen. The average parent would freak out as well, that is normal. But when you know how time sensitive it is, you definitely aren't going to play any games.

DO you think he was hating because according to him she's a good investigator, or does he think she stepped out on him?

I wan't to say they were guns too which he'll end up using on those hicks when he sees them again. But the way he was holding that bag it was like there was a body inside of it.

He looked so familiar but I couldn't place where I saw him. I didn't even bother to look his name up because I thought I wouldn't know it.

It's definitely one of the feds or a higher up trying to **** up the case to protect some powerful people. You think he did this in 1980? Wouldn't he know Julie was alive if all that happened in 1980? I think he solved it in 1990 once they found out she's still alive. My question here is, is the case still cold in 1990 or did they actually arrest someone?
I dont think he solved it in 1980, they must have thrown him off the case with a patsy (the kids). I think he figures it out in 1990 and takes justice into his own hands.

I thinks it's a body.

He carried it like a body not a couple of guns.

Why carry the guns all covered up when he lives on the outskirts?

Nobody can see him.

It's probably his kids body.

He didn't kill the little boy but killed his kids and they just assume he's the killer and close the case.

The killer is still out there.
The way Woodard talked about his kids seemed pretty suspicious to me but it could just be the trauma of his kids maybe not wanting anything to do with him due to their relationship breaking down after he returned from the war.

For what it's worth, I've used a similar wrap to transport and temporarily stash a bunch of guns I inherited but I never carried them like Woodard did, if those were indeed guns.
I held mine in a more diagonal way, like you'd hold a heavy carpet.

The way Woodard carried that wrap, to me it looked more like he was trying to carry something heavy but fragile or something that is precious to him.

Dorff looks younger in 1990 than 1980

Something off about Wayne and Amelia's situation. Man what happened with their daughter man

Hopefully bag man comes thru and wrecks them proud boys. I dont think its a body either

Higher ups/prominent local figures covering a larger conspiracy just like Szn 1? Wouldnt be mad at that story playing out again

Pretty obvious dude has a gun in the bag. Keep in mind, he was a veteran and he had the look like he was looking for revenge. He also carried the bag like a rifle or shotgun.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a body. I guess that's what they want us to think, but how do you keep a body in a bag locked up in a shed like that? The decomp would have been horrible.
If it's a "body", then perhaps it's just a dummy? :nerd: Maybe he's using a fake to mess with those rednecks?

Definitely not a body, all signs point to him getting his stash out to go ham on those hicks. But the way he held the bag and indentation did look like it was the body of a small child and not guns.

I have to say, this season is doing a great job setting up a ton of questions. We pretty much don't know anything and there are a bunch of possible explanations for every detail.

Hopefully bag man comes thru and wrecks them proud boys. I dont think its a body either

That would be glorious. I expect nothing less.

Back
Top Bottom