∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Man, this episode sucked... It’s amazing the story telling was so well done in the previous ep & moved the story along so well & then we get this doo doo ep. Hope the finale ends well.

Wow. To think it goes deeper.

That ending was wild ominous. Wonder what Hoyt is gonna say or do to Hays.

Man, this episode sucked... It’s amazing the story telling was so well done in the previous ep & moved the story along so well & then we get this doo doo ep. Hope the finale ends well.

Jesus man—just stop watching the ****ing show already. Literally whatever you write, almost everyone writes the opposite. :lol:

On another note, I’d recognize that SOB Merle’s voice anywhere. Should be an interesting finale, to say the least.

Great episode. :pimp:

They have A LOT of things to tie up in one episode. I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's ep though. I'm not really familiar with this Walking Dead dude, but I like how they kept him pretty much secret til the very end.

I just wanna know how far things can really go with them being as old as they are

So hyped when they dragged Harris to the barn.

It's unclear to me a) how Hoyt knew so quickly about the murder (maybe someone at the police station tipped him off that they were looking into Harris) and b) they seem to know everything in 1990 that they know in 2015, so I don't know what new information they could possibly find.

I just wanna know how far things can really go with them being as old as they are

Yeah it's unclear what could possibly be resolved at this point.

edit: in case anyone was as obtuse as me and missed the obvious reference:

DzqGWhtX4AEoZAH

Also, what happened with that photo that Amelia is supposed to return to the doll lady?

I thought I saw it in the notes in the future, so I assume Amelia never returned it. But, if she does return it, I'm pretty sure it's a trap. Or was her insistence on getting the photo back just to show how this community is kind of stuck in time.

edit:

twitter is speculating that the girl making the documentary is Julie Purcell, or her daughter.

Last edited:
Jesus man—just stop watching the ****ing show already. Literally whatever you write, almost everyone writes the opposite. :lol:

On another note, I’d recognize that SOB Merle’s voice anywhere. Should be an interesting finale, to say the least.

Great episode. :pimp:

Even his voice is hateable :lol:

He's so good at these villainous roles he always takes on

Interesting to see a fourth timeline introduced...I'm guessing it's around 2000 since Becca is just getting to college

The preview for the finale also showed Amelia in that period so I'm guessing that's going to be where we see their fate

I love the tender moments between 2015 Wayne and Roland...nice to see Roland get the apology he had been waiting for

The Harris James scene and the aftermath were tense as hell man

Kinda wierd that Hayes figured out so much in 80 and 90 but the case is still considered unsolved, especially with this talk with Hoyt coming up. I hope they dont lean on this dementia angle too hard.

Wish more was revealed to us by now with 1 ep to go, but I’ve been enthralled with the story and the acting.

Really the 2015 timeline has been centered more on how Wayne and Roland fell apart, literally, after what happened in 1990...

Considering most of the people involved with the original case have been shown to be dead by 2015, including old man Hoyt, I’d bet the ending will be focused less on the particulars of the case, and more so on Wayne and Roland coming to terms with the choices they made...

Crazy episode. A lot to digest, going to rewatch the whole season this week/weekend in anticipation of the finale.

How the hell did Hoyt know that so quick? I feel like West is going to turn on Hays at any moment

My wife thinks Wayne & Roland already resolved the case & that what we're seeing in 2015 Wayne being "haunted" by the ghosts (of his past) via his dementia. 2015 Roland is just placating Wayne.

So much they have to cover in the last episode

What happened between Hays/his daughter
What happened to Amelia
What caused the fall out between Roland/Hays
Not to mention what happened to the daughter/the pink room, etc
That black sedan outside Hays crib
What was Hays and Roland doing between 1990-2015

Not as great as season 1 but this season has been great as well.

Back
Top Bottom