∞HBO: "True Detective: Night Country" (Late 2023)...Season 4 Set in Alaska…Starring Jodie Foster…Barry Jenkins Producing∞

How would you grade Season II of "True Detective" ?

• A

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • B

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • C

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • D

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • F

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
My wife thinks Wayne & Roland already resolved the case & that what we're seeing in 2015 Wayne being "haunted" by the ghosts (of his past) via his dementia. 2015 Roland is just placating Wayne.

I kinda have the same theory. From what we’ve already seen thus far this season. I can’t see how this case isn’t solved in 90.

It was interesting that they showed a clip of his wife in what looks to be 2015 or 2005. I’ve been wondering if she passed or not.

Last edited:
Not as great as season 1 but this season has been great as well.
giphy.gif

In the current timeline, these guys are so old if anything were to happen to them (physical harm or getting arrested) it really wouldn’t matter since they’re so old lol. They got nothing to lose really

I think that’s the one thing that lends to less suspense if that makes any sense. As far as the overall story I’ve been impressed mostly with the season

Merle indeed!

Building up to the finale, but I dunno if 75mins will still be enough!
And with the 4th timeline, I guess it's for old-Amelia making an appearance next week.

When 2015-Wayne walked up to 1990-Wayne burning his clothes... then when 1990-Wayne turned around, I thought he was gonna see 2015-Wayne. That space-time continuum madness would have blown my mind.

Also, with the photo... was that a continuity error then?

My wife thinks Wayne & Roland already resolved the case & that what we're seeing in 2015 Wayne being "haunted" by the ghosts (of his past) via his dementia. 2015 Roland is just placating Wayne.

I think Wayne did, but I think Roland already knew. I think Roland likes the company and doesn't believe their "investigation" will go anywhere.

The photo being different definitely has some kind of significance. That lady is sketch.

I think Wayne did, but I think Roland already knew. I think Roland likes the company and doesn't believe their "investigation" will go anywhere.
:lol: That's kinda what my wife said to. She said Roland is part of the "good ole boy" network so in the end, he found out some of the details but chose not to know the whole story to maintain a sense of "plausible deniability".

We'll see I guess. They have a whole bunch of loose ends to tie up... Better not be a cliff hanger...

Yeah I’m not sure if Roland is involved or not.

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he is from the way they have developed his character.

His little retirement crib in the forest is dope tho.

If Roland is involved I question why he’d bring Wayne back to the task force in the 90’s

Wayne was dead in the water his career was basically flat lining, Roland went out of his way to get him a job, an important one at that

Roland gets involved in 90 after killing that dude in the barn.

Hoyt either blackmails him or buys him off. Not exactly sure where that would Wayne though.

I just don’t see how this case isn’t solved in 90 from where they left us last night.

I think Roland told Voyt that they killed his mans...we bout to find out that he been keeping Voyt in the loop all along during the 1990 investigation

Voyt bout to tell Hays to either drop the investigation or he going down for murder...Hays drops the case, n quits the force but forgets how it ended once the dementia starts kicking in

If Roland is involved I question why he’d bring Wayne back to the task force in the 90’s

Wayne was dead in the water his career was basically flat lining, Roland went out of his way to get him a job, an important one at that
Probly to make everything look legit...they were the 2 main ones on the case initially so it would make sense to bring him back on when it’s reopned if they supposed to be taking it seriously ...and he gets a chance to put his buddy on with some work, kill 2 birds with one stone

Oh yeah after Harris James is murdered all bets are off, anything could have happened

I just question that Roland was privy to the dirty secrets all that time leading up

I think Roland told Voyt that they killed his mans...we bout to find out that he been keeping Voyt in the loop all along during the 1990 investigation

Voyt bout to tell Hays to either drop the investigation or he going down for murder...Hays drops the case, n quits the force but forgets how it ended once the dementia starts kicking in
I could see this

Probly to make everything look legit...they were the 2 main ones on the case initially so it would make sense to bring him back on when it’s reopned if they supposed to be taking it seriously ...and he gets a chance to put his buddy on with some work, kill 2 birds with one stone
In this scenario it’s plausible although extremely dangerous for them to have Hayes so close to the investigation. If anything they could have murdered him to begin with

I could see this

In this scenario it’s plausible although extremely dangerous for them to have Hayes so close to the investigation. If anything they could have murdered him to begin with
Yea it’s def risky but since Roland is in charge now he could feel more secure about managing Hays and leading the direction of the case

It’s already been some scenes where he trying to tell Hays to chill or shooting down leads/ideas that he had

I think a small town has secrets, and it's the biggest employer in the area. I think missing children has been an ongoing issue. It's white trash or probably visitors. So I'm sure they're rumors of who's doing what and who can cover it up.

I thought in the beginning the Attorney General was way too quick to try and close the case and pin it on

I think a lot of people in the town are in on it. All the ones advancing.....

Back
Top Bottom