∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

FIrst off. Steve Buscemi is a terrific actor.

Not mad at Moss. Seems right. Also seems like the exact type of casting to quell feminists yelling sexism or w/e in this series. She's a real good actor.

More confirmation.

AP Entertainment via Boston.com is reporting that Elisabeth Moss isn’t spilling the beans on her possible True Detective role. Strong rumors recently began to circulate that Moss was in the running as one of the four leads, joining Taylor Kitsch, Colin Farrell, and Vince Vaughn.

Moss was promoting her new film when she was asked a few questions about True Detective. Even though she says she’s a fan, she wouldn’t confirm or deny the rumors. A denial of comment isn’t always its own kind of confirmation, but in this particular case it’s a fairly safe bet.

The latest rumors for Elizabeth Moss as the female lead

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif

Really happy about Moss. I think she's great. People are going to write her off because she's not hot :rolleyes but the woman can act. Love her on Mad Men.

michelle-forbes.jpg

Recently The Wrap announced that Michelle Forbes could be joining the criminal drama's cast for season two. No stranger to dark, brooding dramas, Forbes previously stared on AMC's The Killing.

Forbes is rumored to be up for one of the wives, either that of businessman Frank Semyon or the haunted Ray Veicoro. It is believed actor Vince Vaughn (Wedding Crashers, The Internship) will be playing Semyon, with Colin Farrell (Minority Report, Saving Mr. Banks) in talks for Veicoro.

Forbes has made quite a career for herself on television, playing the distraught mother Mitch Larsen on The Killing and overzealous Maryann on HBO's True Blood. She's also appeared on NBC's Chicago Fire and the cult sensation Orphan Black.

This year she's been busy filming a role on part two of Mockingjay, the final installment of The Hunger Games films. Still, the one-and-done nature of True Detective makes it easy for big name stars to step into roles for a single season without any commitment to continue on the series in the future.

Last edited:
Looking forward to see Kitsch in a role like this. Always liked Farrell, and Vaughn I think can pull this role off.

I would rather see Jessica Chastain than Moss.

So for right now it looks like Kitsch and Moss will be the detectives? I know it is set in LA, any specific time period? 50s? 60s?

I been watching FNl and my dude Taylor is that dude. Wasn't a big fan, but he is pretty good in the show. He has that cool calm attitude like he doesn't GAF

Some new info:

HBO head Michael Lombardo has finally started to seriously break the silence on True Detective’s second season. Out of all the things that have been announced so far, this bit might turn out to be the most controversial.

Lombardo reportedly mentioned at the Guardian International Television Festival via Huffpost UK that the second season isn’t going to be quite as dark as the first:

“It’s still dark…Nic explores the darkness in people’s souls. It’s not as dark, but it’s not a light ride.”

Some new info:

HBO confirmed multiple directors.
HBO says S2 script is "exceptional."
Confirmed California setting for S2.

Plus the Emmys tonight. TD vs BB

Some new info:

HBO confirmed multiple directors.
HBO says S2 script is "exceptional."
Confirmed California setting for S2.

Plus the Emmys tonight. TD vs BB
Not too thrilled with Cary Fukunaga not directing again. S1 was shot beautifully. I'm also scared with different directors, the show might not be consistent in it's tone. 

^Yeah I was about to say the same thing. So many shows manage to be excellent in directing and visuals keeping a consistent tone with multiple directors. Mad Men comes to mind.

GoT also comes to mind but yea I don't think this'll affect the show that much since they were already going a different direction this season. Happy that Fukunaga got an Emmy last night for his TD work though,well deserved :smokin

Last edited:
Justin Lin in Talks to Direct ‘True Detective’ Episodes
Posted on Friday, September 5th, 2014 by Russ Fischer

The first season of True Detective was unusual, as it was directed entirely by one person, Cary Fukunaga. We know the second season of the show will be different — a new cast, a new story, and a set of directors rather than one person to oversee the whole season. Now the first of those directors is named, as Justin Lin is in talks to be the first True Detective season 2 director.

Deadline reports on the situation. THR notes that Lin’s talks are “in the early stages with many details, including budgets and vision, still needing to be worked out.”

Justin Lin is now in talks to direct the first two episodes of the new season, and perhaps a couple more. As the quote above makes clear, the details aren’t set.

Colin Ferrell, Taylor Kitsch, Elisabeth Moss, Michelle Forbes and Vince Vaughn have all been tipped to be part of the cast. From what we know, Farrell, Kitsch, and Moss will play the three law enforcement leads, with Vaughn as the season’s main antagonist. As we’ve reported before,

The True Detective Season 2 plot will center on the suspicious death of corrupt California city manager Ben Caspar. The 52-year-old’s body is found on a desolate stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway near Big Sur, with satanic symbols etched into the chest.Three investigators from three different cities are called in to help crack the case. Caspar’s killing comes in the middle of a major transportation deal with the potential to transform freeway gridlock. As the detectives dig deeper, they learn that Caspar was into kinky sex and possibly the occult.

Lin is a skilled director, and showed vision in crafting a series of films that brought together a set of unified characters and stories for the Fast and the Furious films. He’s also a significantly different director than Fukunaga — their styles couldn’t be more different. That’s a pretty significant indicator that True Detective season 2 could be more mainstream than the first season.

http://www.slashfilm.com/true-detective-season-2-director/#more-252239

^was supposed to be this month but with HBO not even announcing the cast yet, S2 looking more like next fall instead of this winter. Maybe to replace Boardwalk's slot?

Back
Top Bottom