∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

HBO confirms Colin and Vince.

Is this going to be the new thing with shows that every year they have completely new cast and story? Not complaining because it is refreshing to see, the first show I personally watched that did this was American Horror story, only difference is they used 85% of the same cast each season.

Fargo, another new show that I like is doing the same thing also.

Last edited:
I think they just announced those two because they had to. The female role is still probably being cast.

Vince Vaughn is one of those actors who is just Vince Vaughn on screen, no matter the character... but I probably would've said the same about Matt a few years ago.

At least with Matt you could point to roles that showed that he had it in him. Neither of these foolios got those kind of performances in their filmography.

I swear ever since Heath flourished as the Joker. Everyone thinks other actors have some untapped potential. As a show or film maker that's not a risk I'd take. Should have been Ed Norton, John Goodman, and Pablo Schreiber.

Totally on board with Vince and Colin. Great pairing imo.

This time last year, no one expected Matt to do what he did, we could see a similar portrayal by Colin OR Vince.

Woody is Woody, he's always great, so that was expected.

And this time, it seems one is a cop, and one is a former criminal, so different dynamics there.

If they do it as another interview type season, like 1 was, where they are going back and explaining events, Vince in a room just talking is going to be greatness. :lol:

At least with Matt you could point to roles that showed that he had it in him. Neither of these foolios got those kind of performances in their filmography.
You're bugging. Must be ignorant to both of their filmography. Especially Colin's.

I'm sure Colin still has it in him, even after Winter's Tale.

I wonder how different the show is gonna feel with Justin Lin directing the first two eps.

I'll reserve judgement after the first episode. Matt and Woody (as well as Daddario's breasts) set too high a standard.

Colin and Vince 
sick.gif

I would've picked

not enough star power I guess 
ohwell.gif

Finally hbo. I guess they had to officially bc colin confirmed it already so no point in delaying. The female lead on the other hand, hbo is still lost. I bet they dont pick the female until december :lol: since TD is debuting summer anyway :x

Just by the sound of the character, I think Vince can flourish in his role. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think Vaughn will be good... same with Farrell... not upset at the casting news at all.

I'm happy with the casting. It could have been waaaay worse.

And I know it's impossible, but I think we should resist the urge to obsessively compare this season to the first season.

Last edited:
There's a good chance it wouldn't be as great even if we all had our dream casting... or hell.. even if Woody and Matthew came back. It'll be hard, but you're right, we need to try and treat it as a new show and keep expectations low.

i'm surprised that it's those 2
if the story is as good as S1 i'll give it a shot...
hell, i didn't think matt and woody could pull off a good performance like they did
so i'll reserve judgement.

View media item 1194667

‘True Detective': Rachel McAdams Closes in on Female Lead Role (EXCLUSIVE)

Rachel McAdams is said to be locking down the lead role in season 2 of HBO’s “True Detective.”

Sources tell Variety HBO has offered McAdams the part opposite Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn. Taylor Kitsch is expected to land the role of the fourth lead.

Though HBO recently announced Farrell and Vaughn as the shows leads, sources say it is the female lead that many believe will have a similar response to fans that Matthew McConaughey’s part as Rust Cohle had in season 1.

Several other actresses have been considered for the part, including Jessica Biel and Malin Ackerman, but McAdams has been seen as the front-runner for the past few weeks. HBO could not immediately be reached for comment.

What it came down to was scheduling as insiders tell Variety McAdams was about to start filming “Spotlight,” the drama revolving around the Catholic Church sex scandal uncovered by the Boston Globe, and it was unknown whether dates could be worked out for McAdams to do this and “True Detective.” Sources now say that in the past 24 hours a deal was worked out where the actress could do both projects.

Justin Lin is set to direct the first two episodes of season 2. “True Detective” creator Nic Pizzolatto has been busy writing the second season, which is set in California and revolves around three police officers and a career criminal who navigate a web of conspiracy in the aftermath of a murder.

McAdams and Kitsch are expected to play cops alongside Farrell, while Vaughn plays the crime boss whose empire is threatened when his partner is murdered.

McAdams, repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment, is already set to have a busy 2015 with the untitled Cameron Crowe pic and the Jake Gyllenhaal boxing pic “Southpaw” both bowing next year. She was most recently seen opposite Phillip Seymour Hoffman in “A Most Wanted Man.”

Variety

Last edited:
I keep reading that Keira Knightley is also one of the finalists for the part. Kinda hoping it goes to Rachel though,love me some McAdams  
smokin.gif

Not bad Colin/Vince, McAdams/Kitsch. Now they just need someone like Daddario for that extra eye candy. :evil:

We had michelle & daddario in the first season, mcadams & ??? :nerd: would be NT funny if it was nykee heaton :evil:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom