∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

McAdams and Kitsch are expected to play cops alongside Farrell, while Vaughn plays the crime boss whose empire is threatened when his partner is murdered.

Sounds great just off this alone.

I'll take Rachel's real one 
glasses.gif

Rachel's got a lil booty on herself, I mean it's not body double same but still :evil:

So with the recent casting news, let's look at that S2 synopsis posted a while back and add the actors/actress names:

Supposed Breakdown of the Season 2 storyline***(possible spoilers follow, of course. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED***):

The second season of True Detective will follow the death of Ben Caspar, the corrupt city manager of a fictional California city who’s found brutally murdered amid a potentially groundbreaking transportation deal that would forever change freeway gridlock in the state. Three law enforcement officers from different cities and branches of the government are tasked with finding out who did it. They soon discover their investigation has much broader and darker implications than they initially thought.

Caspar’s 52-year-old corpse is found on a lonely stretch of Pacific Coast Highway near Big Sur—satanic symbols etched on his chest. It turns out he had a penchant for rough sex and may have been involved in the occult.

The three investigators are the Farrell, Kitsch, and McAdams characters, apparently, and they all—in keeping with the first installment of the series—have personal demons: Farrell’s character “has been damaged by years of turmoil,” the Monterey sheriff (McAdams, maybe) has taken to “gambling and alcohol,” and the CHP officer (Kitsch, perhaps) was “put on leave after soliciting” sexual favors from a woman he pulled over for drunk driving.

Vaughn’s character, meanwhile, is “a former thug turned businessman” working with local politicos on “a high-speed railway system” that would run along the California coast and provide a variety of financial opportunities, or something. This account of the plot seems to match Pizzolatto’s earlier remark that Season 2 would be about “hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system.”

Last edited:
With the recent casting news, Ellen Paige and Kate Mara did their own spoof of TD:

Last edited:
VH1 took a look at the darkest roles the 4 cast members have been in:

Vince Vaughn - The Cell, Domestic Disturbance

Colin Farrell - Tigerland, In Bruges

Rachel McAdams - Lucky Ones, Midnight in Paris

Taylor Kitsch - Lone Survivor, The Normal Heart

New Rumor on other director alongside Lin:

According to Rolling Stone, one of the directors we may see join Justin Lin in season two is none other than Andrew Dominik.

HBO was rumored to be looking at other filmmakers to handle two or three episodes apiece, including Andrew Dominik (Killing Them Softly, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford).

Last edited:
Bruhhhh

I'm imagining Vince Vaughn's character in. Starsky &. Hutch
He was a bad ************ in that! I have faith that he'll shock the hell out of some people as an awesome mob boss

Dig the cast
Psyched for the season

Last edited:
Finally saw season 1. Haven't watched a lot of TV shows but wow, what a great show. Woody and McConaughey were god damn excellent in their performance. And that undercover scene with the bikers dressed up as cops and they did a one cut scene was so sick.

I dont know if Vince Vaughn's ability to ramble, head up, eyes looking down over you will compare to McConaugheys ability to whistle his S's while stretching his neck every way imaginable.

Who killed this girl? What kinda sick son of ***** would do this? I dont know who did this, what do you think I am? Do you know who did this? O god im getting nauseous, I need a water, can anyone get me a water. Hey you, go get me a water. Im sweating, I need a towel, anyone have a towel? How about you help me, help you, help her, find this serial killer. Can you do that? I knew you had it in ya bud. In fact, I think we alll have it in us if we just work together. Thats how the world works, it just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. And now here we are. :lol:

In all honesty I think Vince will do very well. I like it. I take this show very seriously but cant help to make jokes imagining a role from Vince that we are typically used to. Which is why im actually excited, he's a talented dude and im looking forward to what he can do with a role in a show like this.

Last edited:
That's exactly how the funny Vince would be in this :rofl: That's a 100% on point.

His more serious acting portrayals are way more withdrawn and subtle though.

I dont know if Vince Vaughn's ability to ramble, head up, eyes looking down over you will compare to McConaugheys ability to whistle his S's while stretching his neck every way imaginable.

Who killed this girl? What kinda sick son of ***** would do this? I dont know who did this, what do you think I am? Do you know who did this? O god im getting nauseous, I need a water, can anyone get me a water. Hey you, go get me a water. Im sweating, I need a towel, anyone have a towel? How about you help me, help you, help her, find this serial killer. Can you do that? I knew you had it in ya bud. In fact, I think we alll have it in us if we just work together. Thats how the world works, it just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. And now here we are.
laugh.gif

In all honesty I think Vince will do very well. I like it. I take this show very seriously but cant help to make jokes imagining a role from Vince that we are typically used to. Which is why im actually excited, he's a talented dude and im looking forward to what he can dowith a role in a show like this.
Son.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I could legit visualized this scene.

Last edited:
THEY LISTED MIDNIGHT IN PARIS for Rachel McAdams' darkest movies? What? :lol:

Anyway, hers is Red Eye.

Now all we need is Rachel to confirm and we're set for the main roles of S2. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom