∞True Detective Season 1 Thread ***CLOSED***∞

Finally production is starting. Michelle M with the scoop.

"I saw those guys a few nights ago. I'm really excited. I saw the creator, Nic Pizzolatto, two nights ago and they're hard at work," Michelle Monaghan, one of the first season's stars, spilled to us. "They're getting ready to start production in three weeks. They've very excited."

^they're saying either next summer (replace true blood) or fall (replace boardwalk). No one knows for sure.

truedetective_season2_casting.jpg

[COLOR=#red]True Detective Adds Abigail Spencer, Michael Irby and Others for Season 2[/COLOR]

By Matt Webb Mitovich / October 30 2014, 12:35 PM PDT

With three of its four leads in place (and the fourth said to be near a deal), HBO’s True Detective has moved on to casting some heavily recurring roles for Season 2.

As previously reported, Vince Vaughn (Wedding Crashers) will play Frank Semyon, a career criminal struggling to move into legitimate enterprise, and Colin Farrell (Alexander) will play Ray Velcoro, a police detective with torn allegiances. Taylor Kitsch (Friday Night Lights) is said to be playing a detective, while Rachel McAdams is rumored to be circling the fourth and final lead role, as another detective.

In addition, all said to be near deals, per our sister site Deadline, are Abigail Spencer (Rectify/Flight), Kelly Reilly (Black Box), Michael Irby (The Unit) and Leven Rambin (The Hunger Games).

Irby would play Elvis, the partner of McAdams’ character, Spencer is believed to be playing the survivor of a sexual assault and Rambin a beauty with a checkered past. Reilly’s role is described by Deadline as “the self-possessed Morgan.”

Season 2 of the acclaimed drama begins shooting later this year.

Come on Rachel, close that deal so they can start production already. :lol:

Last edited:
I dont know if Vince Vaughn's ability to ramble, head up, eyes looking down over you will compare to McConaugheys ability to whistle his S's while stretching his neck every way imaginable.

Who killed this girl? What kinda sick son of ***** would do this? I dont know who did this, what do you think I am? Do you know who did this? O god im getting nauseous, I need a water, can anyone get me a water. Hey you, go get me a water. Im sweating, I need a towel, anyone have a towel? How about you help me, help you, help her, find this serial killer. Can you do that? I knew you had it in ya bud. In fact, I think we alll have it in us if we just work together. Thats how the world works, it just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning. And now here we are. :lol:

In all honesty I think Vince will do very well. I like it. I take this show very seriously but cant help to make jokes imagining a role from Vince that we are typically used to. Which is why im actually excited, he's a talented dude and im looking forward to what he can do with a role in a show like this.

Yo win the internet today my friend :lol:

:pimp: :wow:

Adria Arjona joins True Detective Season 2

On the heels of landing a regular role on Michael Bay/Jerry Brukcheimer’s Miami drug-trade drama pilot at TNT, Adria Arjona (Narcos) has been cast as a recurring on the upcoming second season of HBO’s True Detective. Arjona, will play Emily, Kitsch’s girlish, but practical girlfriend.

6505_ba3534d4-01ea-4ed5-bedb-a418b9501e67.jpg

image.jpg

12d8fb_a7c7de9bcdb46ab3b07ae9047ee35319.jpg_1024

So I'm two episodes in and it's been boring and slow as hell besides a few short moments. McConaughey's voice has me falling asleep. When does this show get good?

You talking about season 1? Well keep watching. I know one thing is for sure, it's about 100 times better than season 2

Yes season 1. Dead serious, both episodes took me two tries to watch cause McConaughey's voice made me pass the **** out. I'm watching episode 3 right now...we'll see if it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom