╬:::OFFICIAL CLEVELAND CAVALIERS 2013 Season Thread::: ╬ Cavs Win 2013 #1 Draft Pick in Lottery!!!!

very interesting read. im curious what players they would target. I don't fear that Grant and the guys don't have a plan. its a process. i just thought Dion was such a curious pick. idk

also

Alonzo Gee Signs 3-Year Contract To Stay With Cavaliers, According To Report

Gee was undrafted out of the University of Alabama and spent time in the D-League before getting his chance in the NBA.

Aug 18, 2012 - It's been a long road to get to this point for Alonzo Gee. After three years of fighting to get respect, playing time and exposure, the 2010 D-League Rookie of the Year can now breathe a sigh of relief as he will reportedly sign a three-year deal worth around $10 million with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

According to a tweet from FOX Sports' Sam Amico, who cited John Telich as the first to report the news, Gee will sign an offer that had already been on the table with the team that always gave him his biggest shot.

Gee played for the Cavaliers for 40 games during the 2010-11 season before returning last season to play in 63 games, starting 31. He played the most minutes per game of his career (29.0), and his production improved to double-figure scoring (10.6 ppg) while adding 5.1 rpg.

DION WAITERS WANTS TO WIN ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, HELP TAKE CAVS TO THE PLAYOFFS

20120717_jla_aj4_212_extra_large.jpg

He knows that people questioned his conditioning and work ethic. He knows people questioned the Cavaliers' decision to draft him. And most importantly, he knows how freaking awesome a backcourt consisting of himself and Kyrie Irving can be.

"Potential wise, the sky is the limit for us," Waiters said of Cleveland’s backcourt. "We’re still young and we’re still getting better every day. We’re building on the bond that we already had. Coming out of high school together, we clicked right away and we were always together. We met in tenth grade and from that day on, we’ve been close friends. When we get on the court, it’s all about how we can make each other better. We’re going to push each other."

Remember all those people that were talking up Kyrie's friendship with Harrison Barnes and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist? Well, that's weird, it's almost like kids who play a lot of high-level basketball end up meeting each other at some point or another. Hmm.

He talked about the generic things of trying to make the playoffs and win Rookie of the Year, but he seems reasonable about it. He doesn't want to go out and win 82 games. He seems to understand how much work it's going to take.

"Making the playoffs is the biggest thing, but I’m definitely thinking about [winning Rookie of the Year]. I have to put the work in and earn it though. It’s not just going to be given to me.

Finally, I had a big goofy smile when I read these parts about Cleveland. Waiters is crazy active on Twitter and tries to interact with as many fans as possible. The fact that most of the team is already in Cleveland working out together before training camp starts is awesome. He's got the talent and he's got the passion. I can't wait to see Dion Waiters out there on the floor in Wine and Gold for the first time.

"We’re all working out together," Waiters said. "Everyone is out here in Cleveland working out right now. We’re getting after it early. Everyone is here playing pick-up, working out and things like that.....Everything about Cleveland is great, especially the facility and all of the people that are involved and around the building. It’s nothing but love. I couldn’t be happier. I couldn’t be in a better place."

He's got the talent and he's got the passion. I can't wait to see Dion Waiters out there on the floor in Wine and Gold for the first time.

I really hope this guy proves me wrong! So excited for the season!

Last edited:
I feel like we're going to have one of the most athletic young back-courts in the Eastern Conference.

I believe Kyrie and Waiters will feed off each other. And I also think because of Kyrie, Waiters has a good chance of winning ROY.

I predict Waiters to average 16 in his first year.

I feel like we're going to have one of the most athletic young back-courts in the Eastern Conference.

I believe Kyrie and Waiters will feed off each other. And I also think because of Kyrie, Waiters has a good chance of winning ROY.

I predict Waiters to average 16 in his first year.

i think we'll do well this year if we stay healthy. Full season, I'm psyched

20121009_ajl_aq4_023.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Really psyched about the season. While I still am truly upset we didn't select Drummond or Barnes (decisions that I have no doubt the cavaliers will regret) I will be cheering on Waiters and hoping he develops.

with that said my prediction for the the 2013 season is as follows

35 - 47

I'm hoping we stay healthy (I AM LOOKING DIRECTLY AT YOU ANDERSON), see Tristan play better offensively and see Waiters and guys like Walton and Gibson step up (contract year)

Also I hope to see Verajao traded this season. ESPN rumors the writing may be on the wall for the fragile Brazilian hustler

Varejao to be moved this season?
9:18AM ET
Anderson Varejao | Cavaliers

Recommend4
Comments0
Email

Anderson Varejao has been in the rumor mill the last few years and it will likely continue during the 2012-13 season.

Jason Lloyd of the Akron Beacon-Journal writes: "Varejao will start the year with the Cavaliers. It's unclear whether or not he'll finish it here. He remains the team's most valuable trade chip, because he can average a double-double without having a play called for him and he's on a very reasonable contract that runs for three more years."

And Bob Finnan of The News-Herald adds: "Multiple sources around the league think the Cavs will deal him this season."

Whether he's traded or not, Varejao has dealt with injuries the last few years and he might come off the bench with the idea of starting rookie Tyler Zeller at center.

Teams that might take a run at Varejao include Atlanta, Houston, Milwaukee, Orlando, Portland and Toronto.

Varejao has a guaranteed $21.4 million owed to him over the next three years.

-- Nick Borges

Great win last night, always good to start on a winning note. Looks like Kyrie elevated his game to another level and I hope Waiters proves me wrong that he is not the next Dajuan Wagner

That step back jumper by Waiters last night........:smokin

Irving to Sideshow Bob to Thompson...........:smokin

Game was enjoyable.

Word I really wan waiters to prove me wrong!!!

How about Verajao though!? U think he can keep up this level of play and stay healthy?

Dion looking good man, driving to the hole at will. He also had a few missed lay-ups that should have went in - nonetheless he looked GREAT on defense applying pressure in the backcourt.

Varejao was just Varejao'n everywhere lol.

This team is just fun to watch man, I'm really glad we picked Dion Waiters, I think he fit's this teams long-term plans perfectly.

Got floor seats to Friday's game against Chicago, can't wait.

Game had me jumping all over the place. :smokin

Best part about the last game was we didn't let LA get even close to a come back, slamming the door in there face every chance we had.

Expecting the same result against this young Golden State team. Gee really deserves credit for his D lately, I can make an exception with him playing bad offensively if his defense makes up for it.

Legoo!

Back
Top Bottom