☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Timelord's energy and athleticism is going to be a nice little addition at this point of the season. Almost like getting someone at the deadline.

Gordon Hayward (29 PTS), Jayson Tatum (28 PTS, 11 REB), Daniel Theis (career highs 25 PTS & 16 REB), Marcus Smart (10 PTS, 10 AST) and Jaylen Brown (25 PTS) combined for 117 PTS, as the Boston Celtics defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, 127-117

Too bad. Almost had that game. Need Kemba back because that bench is terrible without Smart. 5 days left before the buyout deadline so maybe we'll get lucky and pick someone up who can give us decent minutes.

Wanamaker is bad. Free Tremont.

Too bad. Almost had that game. Need Kemba back because that bench is terrible without Smart. 5 days left before the buyout deadline so maybe we'll get lucky and pick someone up who can give us decent minutes.

Wanamaker is bad. Free Tremont.
Wanamker is having one of the best months of his career. Very solid for a team's 3rd point guard. Yesterday he had a bad game, unfortunately.

If we want to bring someone in that can play some decent minutes before we get to the playoffs, that's fine, but when our team is fully healthy, we are going to be an 8 man rotation in the playoffs and neither that player or Wanamaker are going to be in that.

Smart will be playing 30+ min off the bench. That's rotation player 6. Whoever makes sense at the Center position between Kanter/Timelord is player 7. Rotation player 8 will be whoever matches up best with the opposition between Semi/Grant/Romeo.

The bench players don't have to be scorers because there will be enough scoring punch with the staggering of Kemba/JB/JT/Hayward. If we are missing one of those guys, we all of the sudden have a pretty glaring hole, and if that's the case come playoff time, we probably aren't winning much anyways.

Awesome read!

Josh Jackson really had the nerve to cancel a workout, but thank god he did! I didn’t see any of significance with Jackson anyway so when the Cs drafted Tatum, it was definitely the right choice.

Though either Tatum/Fultz would have been fine AT THAT TIME. I actually had Fultz joining IT4/Hayward, and I was OKAY with. But when Danny traded down, I was like, “here we go again...”

That summer only became CRAZIER then they traded for Kyrie :rofl:

Were down our 5 best players on the road on a back to back and were still 1 and a half point favorite am I a fake fan if i fade our team lol.

Much rather have Tatum that George at this point in their careers.

Danny :pimp:

There was a path to having both, believe it or not. Boston had a deal on the table that the Pacers had initially agreed to, but then backed out of because they didn't want to wait until Hayward was signed. The deal would have been Crowder and Bradley, along with 3 first round picks (Clippers pick, Grizzlies pick, and possibly that Lakers/Kings pick we got from the Fultz/Tatum trade). Boston spent most of that draft night hammering out the deal, but the Pacers leveraged our offer and got Oladipo and Sabonis for him a few days later from OKC instead.

Zarren and Ainge were pretty upset that the deal was backed out on, because the Celtics were also interested in Donovan Mitchell during that draft, and could have easily trumped what Utah offered to move up to the 13th pick (i.e. Trey Lyles and the 24th pick). What a shame. Can't say that I blame Pritchard for backing out, since Oladipo/Sabonis is better than Crowdley/Bradley/picks.

Just watched last night's game...

- Semi was absolutely awesome, and it was just him doing his normal role at a really high level. Knocking down open catch-and-shoot 3s and playing solid, versatile defense. I feel like I'm relatively comfortable having him out there as a 4th/5th option for 10-15 min if needed come playoff time.

- Piggybacking off that, I feel like Grant has missed every 3 pointer he's taken in the last month or so. I don't mind having him out there because he's a high IQ tommy point waiting to happen, but he could really be an asset if he could actually knock down some 3s. He's pretty skilled offensively inside the arc too, especially when he gets a mismatch and can back down his defender like he did with Delly a couple times last night.

- Really love what I've seen from Timelord in these last couple games. He definitely isn't the highest IQ player in the world, but his sheer athleticism at his size makes an impact. He allows us to not be forced to play small if Theis is in foul trouble or if the opposition is a bad matchup for Kanter. Excited to see what he would look like in a lineup with the other starters.

- Can't wait til we are finally healthy and I don't have to watch Marcus Smart jack up 15-20 shots a game.

- Tatum is a flat out star.

Tatum's progress is almost surprising to me. Meaning how quickly he's progressed. Beginning of the year his shot was still super inconsistent and he was missing bunnies around the rack all the time. So much more confidence in him now. Dude definitely arrived, and he'll continue to get better.

Back
Top Bottom