☘️ Boston Celtics Official 2023-2024 Regular Season Thread ☘️

Thoughts on Kemba's ongoing knee issue?
Definitely not ideal. We are really lucky that Tatum seems to be making his jump a bit earlier than anticipated. Jaylen too. Will allow for more load managing for Kemba going forward. Obviously need him at something close to full strength for playoff games if we want to make any noise.

All I can say is thank goodness we have Marcus Smart. I would not be shocked to see him take the starting role ahead of Kemba in the next 2-3 years. We get to cut Kemba's minutes to prolong his career while adding a potent scorer to come off the bench.

I think Romeo is going to end up being the scorer off the bench. Obviously not for this playoff run here, but going into the future. Will be the heir apparent to Hayward at the 2. He has all the measurables you want. Has shown that he can hold his own defensively. The slashing ability is there. Jumper is obviously work in progress, but he's literally in year 1 in completely revamping it. Seems as though it's coming around from all reports though.

One of Carsen or Tremont figuring things out would be big too. I'm particularly not willing to give up on Carsen just yet. Probably had one of the biggest changes in roles from college to rookie year in the whole league.

What do y'all think Hayward does after this year?
I'm pretty positive that he's not going to get an offer from anyone that gives him more money than the $34M he's set to make next season if he opts in. Ideally, I'd like to re-sign him to a 3 year deal for something a bit more team friendly, that could also be a tradeable contract if needed. Probably somewhere in the $20Ms. His injury history is obviously worrisome, but when he is healthy, what he brings to the table complements our cornerstones pretty perfectly. 50/39/85 shooting splits this season, isn't ball dominant, and is a good passer. Also, we kind of need to hold onto him because we won't have the cap space to replace him with anything once the the new JB and JT deals kick in.

What a miserable tenure though when you think about it. Year 1 the injury. Year 2 the f**kery with Kyrie. Year 3 COVID.

What a miserable tenure though when you think about it. Year 1 the injury. Year 2 the f**kery with Kyrie. Year 3 COVID.
Don't forget about both the Kings and Grizzlies over-performing while we have their draft picks for these last 2 years too :lol: :smh:

We really need someone to overtake the Grizz for that last playoff spot so they can get thrown back into the lotto. IMO, being at 14 instead of 17 gives a much better chance of potentially moving up if somebody good starts to fall a bit.

Night and day from last year where it seemed more like a chore to watch them.

They let go of Abby Chin smh

Tanguay seems like a good guy according to tweets but remember the dude posting fake news before and was the #1 Rondo hater lol

Ugly game. Played really poorly in the first half.

Wish they would give Romeo SOME of those Semi minutes. If Semi isn't catching the ball wide open at the 3pt line on offense he has no clue what to do with it. Feel like Romeo has much better instincts and can still play comparable defense.

Don't mean to **** on Kanter at all because he's been pretty good in these few games, but I wouldn't mind giving Timelord some minutes here just to see what he looks like prior to the playoffs and if he could potentially give some sort of change of pace. He's a different caliber athlete that we have at the 5 that Theis and (obviously) Kanter aren't.

Granted Romeo had like 8 minutes he played poor too.

Refs been messing us up so far smh. I expect another let down spot tomorrow again

Semi needs to not play anymore

Jaylen/Jayson both need to stop being so passive especially in crunch-time.

Duncan Robinson is what Gordon Hayward was supposed to be.

I’m pissed off.

Granted Romeo had like 8 minutes he played poor too.

Refs been messing us up so far smh. I expect another let down spot tomorrow again
Lol he was out there for 3 minutes and definitely didn't do anything wrong other than not catching the pass that Wannamker chucked at his foot :lol:

Trying not to be a homer, but do feel like we've been on the end of some A LOT of really questionable calls in these 3 games.

Semi needs to not play anymore

Jaylen/Jayson both need to stop being so passive especially in crunch-time.

Duncan Robinson is what Gordon Hayward was supposed to be.

I’m pissed off.
Gordon a good shooter but not the shooter that Duncan is.

This is the main problem..

Trying not to be a homer, but do feel like we've been on the end of some A LOT of really questionable calls in these 3 games.

Theis getting the brunt of it:lol:

but for real, whenever the Cs get something going, Spo was able to make adjustments. That zone defense with Jae/Bam up top was lethal

Agree with the Semi takes. He should be reserved for specific situations. 20 minutes seems like too much for his game.

Agree with the Semi takes. He should be reserved for specific situations. 20 minutes seems like too much for his game.
To be fair, I think Semi has actually been pretty decent for us this year for what his role is. And there are teams like Milwaukee where his size/strength is going to be needed. I just think Romeo brings a tad more upside, even as a rookie, especially against a team like Miami that can't really pick on him defensively.

Back
Top Bottom