OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Dude is one of the biggest crybabies in the world man I swear :lol:, these current Spanish players never know what to do anytime a team doesn't set up to play directly into their hands.

Always thinking their outdated way of playing is so superior to everyone else's with possession this possession that even though it hasn't won them **** in over a decade.

The arrogance is always nauseating

He had part of his meniscus removed

He is not the same player. He plays scared and afraid of getting hurt again.

Dude is one of the biggest crybabies in the world man I swear :lol:, these current Spanish players never know what to do anytime a team doesn't set up to play directly into their hands.

Always thinking their outdated way of playing is so superior to everyone else's with possession this possession that even though it hasn't won them **** in over a decade.

The arrogance is always nauseating

i’m not defending rodri or spain but
this is y’all’s model of playing though :lol:
ten hag is literally playing with the same ideals

first off calling possession outdated is extremely dumb. every league winner dominates possession.
and this football is the reason why y’all are back to being a thing again

y’all wanna really listen to fati’s dad when fati is saying the opposite. some crazy old man.
y’all are really funny and predictable.

and fati actually didn’t listen to any of the doctor’s advice and had a relapse. y’all post outrageous quotes from fatis old man like it’s all facts. really out here posting people’s instagram following updates as storylines. what a time

i’m not defending rodri or spain but
this is y’all’s model of playing though :lol:
ten hag is literally playing with the same ideals

first off calling possession outdated is extremely dumb. every league winner dominates possession.
and this football is the reason why y’all are back to being a thing again
It's not possession for possesions sake anymore though, you have to be a lot more direct and aggressive now and try to break the lines rather than nonstop short passing between the lines. Having 1000 passes a game only to create 2 or 3 shots on target is redundant as hell.

Pure tiki-taka hasn't been successful trophy wise in a long time, even the likes of Pep and Xavi have become more pragmatic and modified their approaches to adapt to the current game. It's the era of pacey, counter attacking transitional footy and high intensity pressing teams.

La Roja's obsession with maintaining it is part of why they can't beat the best teams when it counts anymore, just funny to see them always complaining when other maybe lesser talented teams find ways to counter them successfully.

Recently they complained after Japan beat them, after Morocco bounced them and now after Scotland handle them talking about they don't play properly as if there's only 1 way to play :lol:. Ironically enough, the only way they respect is for teams to play right into their hands.

That mentality is holding them back imo

:pimp: :pimp: 🐐 🐐

They probably should've been in the inaugural class 2 years ago but I understand they wanted it to be mainly for the players. Fitting they're the first 2 managers in though, you can't tell the story of the Premier League without these 2

It's not possession for possesions sake anymore though, you have to be a lot more direct and aggressive now and try to break the lines rather than nonstop short passing between the lines. Having 1000 passes a game only to create 2 or 3 shots on target is redundant as hell.

Pure tiki-taka hasn't been successful trophy wise in a long time, even the likes of Pep and Xavi have become more pragmatic and modified their approaches to adapt to the current game. It's the era of pacey, counter attacking transitional footy and high intensity pressing teams.

La Roja's obsession with maintaining it is part of why they can't beat the best teams when it counts anymore, just funny to see them always complaining when other maybe lesser talented teams find ways to counter them successfully.

Recently they complained after Japan beat them, after Morocco bounced them and now after Scotland handle them talking about they don't play properly as if there's only 1 way to play :lol:. Ironically enough, the only way they respect is for teams to play right into their hands.

That mentality is holding them back imo
But even back then pep would say it wasn’t tiki taka and that he hated the term it was never possession for possession sake. It only looks like that when you don’t have quality dynamic forwards but Barca and Spain fortunately had that then that’s where the purpose and directness comes from which Spain hasn’t had in a long time. The reason Spain haven’t been successful is more down to that they can’t produce top quality wingers and strikers rn than the base style of play.

When I think of Tiki Taka I think of van Gaal. That’s possession for possession sake. It’s interesting how Totaalvoetbal evolved differently in the Netherlands and Spain. If EtH doesn’t work under Pep his version of it might be more similar to the other Dutch coaches.

When I think of Tika Taka I think of van Gaal. That’s possession for possession sake. It’s interesting how Totaalvoetbal evolved differently in the Netherlands and Spain. If EtH doesn’t work under Pep his version of it might be more similar to the other Dutch coaches.
Now this is a 100% facts LVG united was dreadful to watch that was the definition of possession with no initiative no matter what the quality of the forwards was up top

It was like a sean dyche Burnley but on the ball

Now this is a 100% facts LVG united was dreadful to watch that was the definition of possession with no initiative.

It was like a sean dyche Burnley but on the ball

Genuinely some of the worst football I’ve watched supporting United. Neutered Di Maria and had the other creative players scared to try things. Not to say that it doesn’t work, got some really big results against top teams, just boring to watch.

Back
Top Bottom