OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League quarterfinals begin this week

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I almost feel bad for Messi just for the fact that this man is about to play on a squad that is in dead last place...in the MLS. He is going to be wildly frustrated with the level of the play. I hope he can let go and try to enjoy it but anyone with a competitive spirit who has played on a bad team knows how soul sucking it can be.
Live footage of messi 95% of the match talking to family and friends in the stands
IMG_5701.jpeg

Booo this receipt sucks.

Not my fault Messi is moron and didn’t take the money.

One man is not going to save this trash *** league. It never did before and never will.

How about this receipt from 11 months ago? From page 21.

Messi is going to the MLS after this season.

Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T had his tickets ready after he scored 6 goals and lost it for PSG in the CL.

He’s been waiting for this.
THIS WAS THE FIRST MENTION OF MESSI TO MLS IN THIS THREAD.

its-all-your-fault-claire-harper.gif

MLS doesn't really care about being truly competitive as a league, it wants to make money. Valuations for teams have gone up, the Apple contract was something, and there's big business with the Messi opportunity so I get it. No serious footy league would self-impose a salary cap, DP's can only get you so far once you get to the levels of competition like a Club World Cup, which MLS was just happy to finally be a part of recently. As silly as the term "club" is for most teams, it's especially ridiculous to use to refer to any MLS franchise.

How about this receipt from 11 months ago? From page 21.

THIS WAS THE FIRST MENTION OF MESSI TO MLS IN THIS THREAD.

its-all-your-fault-claire-harper.gif

Messi’s plan was always to go to MLS. Everyone knew that.

We just didn’t know it would happen this quick (and we didn’t know Saudi would just come out of nowhere like this.)

This is still all so new and crazy. Newcastle made the CL. Saudi took over world golf. What is going on right now :lol:

Messi’s plan was always to go to MLS. Everyone knew that.

We just didn’t know it would happen this quick (and we didn’t know Saudi would just come out of nowhere like this.)

This is still all so new and crazy. Newcastle made the CL. Saudi took over world golf. What is going on right now :lol:
Chaos. And congrats on being the first to call Messi to MLS 2023 szn. I couldn't even have spoken that out loud and I stan the MLS as hard as possible.

How long until ESPN calls it "Messi League Soccer?" :nerd:

i dunno
benz’s old life >
1686252985870.png
Word :lol:

20230608_154115.jpg

I get what he means though, he's gonna get much different treatment in Saudi than he does in France, at least all around.

The streets rock with him 100% back home but the football establishment and media have always villified/villainized him.

In comparison, he's most likely gonna be revered by all segments of Saudi society being one of the greatest Muslim players of all-time :lol:

messi had the most dribbles in france and top 3 in the world all while not even taking it seriously with 16 goals and 16 assists. and not to mention he ran train on every defender in this years world cup.

now he’s going to be marked by douche bags who went to Tennessee university to play socker that get paid a super max contract of 45 thousand dollars a year.

what a time

Yea if he's motivated on the pitch he'll be wrecking the league until he's 40 if he wants :lol:

We all saw what washed Giovinco, Drogba and Ibra could do in MLS. Messi's gonna be coming off either a first place or runner up finish for the B'Dor season.

Him and Vini Jr were the only players in Europe to finish with at least 20 goals and 20 assists this season

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom