OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Everton really held on...

20240424_153250.jpg

The raffle results for arsenals last home game against Everton came in today. I unfortunately didn’t win
Could be a special day at the emirates if things work out that way

Thank you Everton

Please help us Brighton and Forest
Counting on Forest to do anything but let Haaland pad his stats is setting you up for disappointment. Let's just assume we're finishing 2nd again and hope City has a 115 point deduction at some point in the futute.

My boy got tickets for the Revolution vs Miami at Gillette this weekend. Apparently it’s sold out, 60k seats
I wonder if messi is even gonna play :lol:

So I'm gonna preface this with the fact that Garber is a clown who wants to make the league into his monster, rather than what it should and could be. The MLS has made leaps and bounds in terms of player and manager quality the past decade. Huge steps. We've got players moving to and from Europe, player pipelines built with South American countries, and some teams even building legit youth clubs that break out of the pay-2-play mold that's infested the country. The development is there.

Now could we actually see the US build a league that sends teams to events like the CWC with a fighting chance? Not likely, at least not with Garber in charge. But with players like Almiron and (ugh) Taty Castellanos moving overseas and succeeding (as a small sample size because there's been more), it's not a hot take to say the MLS has been improving on all fronts from what it was 10, even 5 years ago.

And I credit most of this to foreign managers and the franchise owners who are smart enough to hire people who know what they're doing. Not Garber and especially not the USSF.
Garber is a bum. He’s a NFL guy, not that there’s anything wrong with that. But we know he doesn’t care for soccer minis getting accolades and paid.

The MLS definitely made improvements over the years but that’s a result of coaches and staff being sent to Europe to learn. Some of these clubs and academies are definitely on the right path. But USSF is holding the sport back.

Back
Top Bottom