OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
His price tag was 100m because of the years left on his previous contract with Benfica, he also didn't have a buyout clause.

Salah getting paid 350k a week, give him that energy too. He set some standards in previous seasons and as of February has 3 goals from open play.. Salah supposed to be my game changer, some of my fan base waxed poetically saying best in the world. He needs to step up as well

Agree here. I've been saying it for sometime to my friends, Salah has regressed. He looks a step slow, and doesnt beat his man often 1v1 like he used to in previous years. Now the midfield is a train wreck. Henderson shouldnt be starting ever. Father time has caught up to him. Now Trent. His 1 sweet pass or goal every other game doesnt make up for his defensive deficiencies. He is almost at fault for 1 goal every single game. Frustrating to watch. We know Klopp gives him the green light to move forward, but who covers for him? Quicksand calves Hendo? Milner? Even Fabinho is not that quick. Every damn team knows this and always attacks us on Trents side. I'm all for Trent attacking if proper cover is had. Thats a big if, so cant have Trent playing CF like I saw him twice today. I can go on and on /rant

Screenshot 2022-10-02 035515.jpg

1664654314447.png

What a goal, all to miss the playoffs :smh:

Armada Armada who's still here next year - Josef or Pineda?

My heart says Josef my mind says Pineda stays. It just don’t feel like we in a moment where the coach will get fired and it sucks Pineda and Josef seem like they hate each other. Josef can still score a goal like that but useless Cisneros still start ahead of him :rolleyesI don’t know honestly if we should fire Pineda but I do know I don’t like that dude (funny I feel the same about the falcons coach)

Indonesian soccer match riot leaves more than 120 dead​

5:31 PM PT
  • Associated Press
1664672768732.png

Clashes between supporters of two Indonesian soccer teams in East Java province killed 125 fans and two police officers, mostly trampled to death, police said Sunday.

Several brawls between supporters of the two rival soccer teams were reported inside the stadium after the Indonesian Premier League game ended with Persebaya Surabaya beating Arema Malang 3-2.

The fights prompted riot police to fire tear gas, which caused panic among supporters, said East Java Police Chief Nico Afinta.

Hundreds of people ran to an exit gate in an effort to avoid the tear gas. Some suffocated in the chaos and others were trampled, killing 34 almost instantly.

More than 300 were rushed to nearby hospitals to treat injuries but many died on the way and during a treatment, Afinta said.

The Indonesian top league BRI Liga 1 has suspended games for a week following the match and an investigation had been launched, the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI) said.

There have been previous outbreaks of trouble at matches in Indonesia, with a strong rivalry between clubs sometimes leading to violence among supporters.

I'm not deflecting. We have a larger issue than whether or not darwin plays. Are you blind? Do you watch us play? If nunez plays today the score doesn't change much.
It’s a pretty simple question
Instead of answering how Nunes has been playing, you keep dodging to ‘but the team this, the team that, Salah this, …’
How’s his positioning? Is he making good runs? How’s his ball control? What about his finishing when he does get the ball? Is he involved much or more of a pure poacher?

And for the record, I think it’s way too early to write off Nunez
I haven’t seen enough of him to have any real insight but it’s not a good look for him that merely asking for your thoughts on his performances is something you try your hardest to refuse to answer

Indonesian soccer match riot leaves more than 120 dead​

5:31 PM PT
  • Associated Press
1664672768732.png

Clashes between supporters of two Indonesian soccer teams in East Java province killed 125 fans and two police officers, mostly trampled to death, police said Sunday.

Several brawls between supporters of the two rival soccer teams were reported inside the stadium after the Indonesian Premier League game ended with Persebaya Surabaya beating Arema Malang 3-2.

The fights prompted riot police to fire tear gas, which caused panic among supporters, said East Java Police Chief Nico Afinta.

Hundreds of people ran to an exit gate in an effort to avoid the tear gas. Some suffocated in the chaos and others were trampled, killing 34 almost instantly.

More than 300 were rushed to nearby hospitals to treat injuries but many died on the way and during a treatment, Afinta said.

The Indonesian top league BRI Liga 1 has suspended games for a week following the match and an investigation had been launched, the Football Association of Indonesia (PSSI) said.

There have been previous outbreaks of trouble at matches in Indonesia, with a strong rivalry between clubs sometimes leading to violence among supporters.

Indonesian football fans are crazy. I remember asking my girl to go with me to a match there (since she’s from there) and she refused to go or let me go, telling me that many people in the country don’t support local teams or the sport in general because of the crowds they attract. I thought she was being dramatic until it seemed like every few months I heard about stadiums being torn up, mass brawls during matches, rival fans being murdered, etc. Their entire league was banned for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom