OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I didn't picture United & Newcastle making top 4 this season, well done.
Almost none of the football pundintelligencia across the pond did either :lol:

20230525_175924.jpg

jape jape
theconqueror theconqueror

I see the laughing emojis so let's have the debate then. I don't think anyone can argue with a straight face that Modric has ever reached the highs of Iniesta or Xavi, either of whom I'd previously consider the goat midfielder.
But consistency also matters, and recently it hit me that that neither Iniesta or Xavi can even hold a candle to Modric's longevity and consistency.
37 years old and he's still not only performing at a world class level, he has a huge amount of minutes played too.
Modric is top 10 (for sure), top 5 (maybe) for me. i think the gap between him and Zidane is significant.

Consistency matters for sure but sometimes longevity is due to genetics/training regimine, tech/discipline. For example, I think Dinho was the greatest of all time despite how short his career was at the top. I dont think anyone can play the game the way he did. Prime Dinho will outshine everyone on the pitch.

This made me go back in time too...

Guess I got my wish? :lol:

We back, baby 🤝 Now let's pray for the downfall of Manchester Plastic FC.
Count me in for that prayer as well.
Abu Dhabichester City’s real kryptonite is us though. No matter how dog**** we are the weeks/months leading up to it, we always seem to get away with a draw at minimum :lol:
Lost 4-2 away against City this season but we still squeezed out a 1-0 win at home a few weels later somehow.

I definitely didn’t think they’d push for the title but I thought top 4 was doable. Despite the way the last 2 seasons have ended there’s been a lot of progress made

Now if the Kroenkes and other higher ups don’t let Arteta build on this momentum in the summer then they are jokes

Who do y’all think was the actual best footballer over the last 365 days?

As in performed at the highest level. Not who y’all think is going to sweep awards. Feel free to rank a top 3 or 5.

As in performed at the highest level. Not who y’all think is going to sweep awards. Feel free to rank a top 3 or 5.

I'm not ranking them in a specific order but I'll say the best 5 players in the world for me over the last year have been

Mbappe, Haaland, KDB, Vini Jr and Messi.

1. Mbappe's got the most G+A in Europe this season so although the club fizzled out in Europe and limped to the title, he's had the best individual club season of his career arguably and had an All-Time World Cup almost carrying the B-team to a repeat crown.
  2. Haaland's record at Citeh speaks for itself :lol:, hard to say any more than we've already said about his season.
  3. KDB feels like he's hit another gear on top of being the best playmaker in the world right now, he's been scoring real big goals regularly over the last year and his partnership with Haaland has been legit magic.
  4. Vini had an amazing season last year and even though they didn't match the trophy haul, he's somehow matched and had an even better individual season this year and it's been mainly as the main guy at RM with all the injury troubles Benz had. That consistency is why he's the best winger in the world for me currently.
  5. Messi was putting up numbers up there with the very best in the world last season and this before he got hurt and his season got sidetracked with the club drama. Add his performance in the World Cup where he won the best player to go with the biggest prize of all and I feel comfortable having him in my top 5 in the world over the last 365 days.

Honorable mentions: Neymar, Kane, Kvaradona, Salah, Rash

• Neymar would've been in there had he been a bit luckier this season, he was the best player in the world for me during the first quarter to half of this season. He got hurt at the worst possible time for club and he was labored in what might prove to be his best chance ever to win a WC.
  • Kane had a great season playing for a poor side after the slow start, actually scored in more games in the league than Haaland.
  • Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia both bossed it all season long and both played huge roles in ending that drought for Napoli but I had to give Kvaratskhelia the slight nod for taking care of business still even when Osimhen missed a bit of time with injury.
  • Mo had a hell of a season in Europe and the league too after his slow start and was top 5 in Europe in G+A this season.
  • I'll have to give Rash a shout too for basically carrying Uniteds attacks for large swaths of the season and taking a big step up this season for club and country.

What you guys think we looking at in signings or MU this coming season? I feel we need super subs like ****. Deff need a 9.

1. Mbappe (special for most of the season, WC included)
2.Halaand (monster season, could eclipse Mbappe if they win the Treble)
3.Vini Jr (most influential player in the world this season, but his team let him down.)
4. KDB (absolute brains of City, WC was trash but a treble would put him in the podium for the year.)
5. Osimhen (Killer for a Napoli that no one saw coming, it was either him or Kvara but Osimhen proved to be to goods this season.)

And yes, Messi should absolutely not be on anyone’s list. Garbage season at PSG (except for a few games early on) and a WC where his only noticeable performances were the 5 pens, the 1 pass during the Netherlands game, and picking a fight with a 90 yr old disabled Van Gaal.

I said what I said.

1) Haaland - You can’t score these record numbers of goals while being on a brink of a treble and finally getting Man City their CL trophy and not be number 1 right now. This is his FIRST season in the EPL btw.

2) Mbappe

3) don’t care

4) don’t care

5) don’t care

Imagine if Mou runs PSG and turns Mbappe into a monster…

1685078529932.jpeg

(By Ligue 1 and UCL standards)

Back
Top Bottom