OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals set

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

League has really fallen off. Feel like its rep for being technical and skillful and a destination to play the beautiful game has turned into one of being slow, more tactical than expressive, defensive, and willing to use racism and the threat of injury for competitive advantages.

United, pool or arsenal.

Feel like a toss up between rice, macallister and Caicedo.
Macalister is already set for Pool.

Jamie Vardy is another name we haven’t heard from in a while. He’s gotta leave Leicester now that they’re relegated.
Don't be surprised if you see Tottenham sell Kane and then pickup Vardy.

Not too long ago Arsenal was going after Maddison and Tielemans. A year or two ago, a couple of pundits said it would be a setback for Maddison
They should have gotten rid of Rogers long ago and gone after Emery, Nuno or Marco Silva.

Liverpool fans, is Firmino washed? Or could he still be a good backup to Benz?

Fab reporting he’s been offered to RM

Liverpool fans, is Firmino washed? Or could he still be a good backup to Benz?

Fab reporting he’s been offered to RM
He's been linked to Madrid for months. Was surprised that the Barca link came up a few weeks back. He would fit perfect with your wingers.

I think Klopp is intentionally showing club owners that some of these players aren't good enough by fielding certain players. Hopefully, that will get them to spend on strengthening not just the midfield, but the defense as well. Time for Joe Gomez to go.

last match for busquets and jordi at the camp nou which is being renovated next szn. new nou camp will hold 105k
🔥

it’s been real busquets and alba but it’s time for barca to move on

Last edited:

League has really fallen off. Feel like its rep for being technical and skillful and a destination to play the beautiful game has turned into one of being slow, more tactical than expressive, defensive, and willing to use racism and the threat of injury for competitive advantages.

That Benzino looking mf Acuna could have broke the Ceballos leg yesterday then blamed the refs for getting sent off
Sevilla vs. Real Madrid _ LaLiga Highlights _ ESPN FC_1.gif

Replace Rodri with Casemiro and not completely sold on pope. Feel like Allison was better.
Casemiro’s games missed and dip in form when he came back hurts his case imo. Rodri went up a level this season. GK a toss up, I’ll give it to Pope for being a big part of their CL qualification and more clean sheets.

Pope
White Saliba stones ake
Rodri KDB odegard
Kane Haaland Saka

All premier league second team

Ramsdale
Trippier Dias Gabriel Estupinan
Guimeris Casemrio caicedo
Salah toney Wilson
Bruh…
IMG_0575.png

Lol my guy can’t get in the 2nd team?

My 2nd team would be:

Alisson

White Stones Martinez Estupinan

Odegaard Casemiro Guimaraes

Salah Toney Wilson

3rd:

De Gea

Tete Gabriel Akanji Shaw

Caicedo Rice Mac Allister

Watkins Jesus Martinelli

United had a better season than arsenal. No debate to it.
Only if you win the FA Cup. Otherwise we're both trophy-less and Arsenal finished 9 points better while competing for the league until the last month.

Casemiro’s games missed and dip in form when he came back hurts his case imo. Rodri went up a level this season. GK a toss up, I’ll give it to Pope for being a big part of their CL qualification and more clean sheets.

Bruh…
IMG_0575.png

My 2nd team would be:

Alisson

Salah Toney Wilson

3rd:

De Gea

Tete Gabriel Akanji Shaw

Watkins Jesus Martinelli
Dip in form? I think maybe 1-2 games after red card it could be argued but that’s it. He also finished the season strong. I think in the entirety of the season he was better than Rodri..but I’m extremely Biased

Only if you win the FA Cup. Otherwise we're both trophy-less and Arsenal finished 9 points better while competing for the league until the last month.
Trophyless? United won a trophy. We also put performed you in all cup competitions. So no.. I would not say arsenal had a better season… they also bottled a league.

Trophyless? United won a trophy. We also put performed you in all cup competitions. So no.. I would not say arsenal had a better season… they also bottled a league.
Which one? Was it the Carabao Cup? We counting that now?

Which one? Was it the Carabao Cup? We counting that now?
That’s cute.. in a league with all of the best managers every trophy should count. But even if we ignore trophies you are the only team to be top of the table for so long and not win. You were a team that barely lost out on ucl football and all you could manage to do this season is qualify. You won..NOTHING else and.. did terrible in every cup outside prem. So yeah.. United with a brand new manager who’s never managed in premier league, went further in 3 cups and still managed to match your highest point of the season outperformed you

Dip in form? I think maybe 1-2 games after red card it could be argued but that’s it. He also finished the season strong. I think in the entirety of the season he was better than Rodri..but I’m extremely Biased
It was 2-3 bad ones when he came back but overall it did dip in the 2nd half of the season. The guy is like a 7.5 most days so his dip ain’t the same as others, still a dip though. Oh yeah, that bias working lol not mad at it at all :lol:

That’s cute.. in a league with all of the best managers every trophy should count. But even if we ignore trophies you are the only team to be top of the table for so long and not win. You were a team that barely lost out on ucl football and all you could manage to do this season is qualify. You won..NOTHING else and.. did terrible in every cup outside prem. So yeah.. United with a brand new manager who’s never managed in premier league, went further in 3 cups and still managed to match your highest point of the season outperformed you
Okay ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Casemiro was great but for sure wasn’t better than Rodri this season. Rodri established himself as the best in his position this year.

Bruh…
IMG_0575.png

My 2nd team would be:

Alisson

Salah Toney Wilson

3rd:

De Gea

Tete Gabriel Akanji Shaw

Watkins Jesus Martinelli
I kept going back and forth between Wilson and Rashford for my second team. Tough choice but I leaned Wilson cause I feel like he finished the season a bit stronger. I don’t blame anyone for going rashford tho. Carried united for significant portions of the season.

Yeah Rodri got that. It’s him, then Kimmich, then Casemiro.

Rash didn’t finish strong, but his peak form for this season was up there with the best in the world. Wilson definitely stepped up this season.

I can think of 1 maybe two games where I left it thinking man.. rodri really won that for city. He’s nothing more than a great cog in a brilliant machine… for me that is. But again super biased

Back
Top Bottom