OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals set

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Ajax not wanting to sell Antony for 80 mill is nuts

I think they're looking at it as he could be the difference between them going out in the group stage or making the RO16. the money you make from knockout stages (CL money, merch sales, etc) more than offsets the 20-30m less they'd sell antony for next summer. if he carries them to the knockout stages they'll still get 50-60m for him next summer

Imo we need to make one more big push to sell Mariano & Asensio
And Hazard

Also this:

1660862936005.png

Crazy how United is gonna have the Triplete UCL winning vertebral column and are gonna play the Conference League.

Something seems off with this whole thing. It’s emerging extremely quickly from a player who’s never indicated anything but being a loyal club servant, and towards a club that is a complete dumpster fire, can’t offer UCL football, and it’s not even domestically competitive.

United better be ready to pay through the nose.

Also, maybe CR7 comes back the other way as a make-weight?

I’m very Zo.gif on this one. On one hand you don’t rebuild a side by signing Casemiro, you rebuild by signing the “next” Casemiro. He has won everything there is to win, he’s going to be on massive wages and has nothing to prove, these aren’t typically the type of players who are going to get stuck in and be up for it. It would be better to go after young, malleable players with high work rate.

On the other hand, we’re desperate and it’s Casemiro:pimp: Upgrade is an understatement.

what about aouar for cheap? since FSG can be stingy on spending this might be an affordable option to hold things over for jude next summer. i bet klopp can bring the best out of him again
I have a thing about Ligue 1 players. Not certain if they can take the first year of beatings from the prem. He would be a solid option. I also like Pior Zielenski from Napoli. I think he could make the most impact of all 3.

I have a thing about Ligue 1 players. Not certain if they can take the first year of beatings from the prem. He would be a solid option. I also like Pior Zielenski from Napoli. I think he could make the most impact of all 3.

i think yall would be set for a while if you dropped some bread on milinkovic savic this summer and then jude next year. would solve a lot of MF issues in the short and medium term

I’m very Zo.gif on this one. On one hand you don’t rebuild a side by signing Casemiro, you rebuild by signing the “next” Casemiro. He has won everything there is to win, he’s going to be on massive wages and has nothing to prove, these aren’t typically the type of players who are going to get stuck in and be up for it. It would be better to go after young, malleable players with high work rate.

On the other hand, we’re desperate and it’s Casemiro:pimp: Upgrade is an understatement.
Casemiro may have his limitations, but effort isn't something I would worry about, he's puts in a ton of work on and off the pitch.

i think yall would be set for a while if you dropped some bread on milinkovic savic this summer and then jude next year. would solve a lot of MF issues in the short and medium term
Prem and/or Champions league will decide where Jude goes. I like Savic, but jot certain if FSG want to spend the bread.

I did not see the Casemiro thing coming. Why would he want the leave the reigning UCL champs who are returning basically all of their core player....granted older.

I did not see the Casemiro thing coming. Why would he want the leave the reigning UCL champs who are returning basically all of their core player....granted older.

my brother asked me the same thing, but getting your wages increased from 10.5m to 21 makes it a lot easier to make the decision. at the end of the day you gotta secure the bag for your family and future generations. he's won enough and can now get paid while going to another big club (albeit in a horrible state right now). if he ends up being the piece that helps turn things around he'll be a legend in manchester while getting a massive payday

Yea RM have a good relationship stealing United’s money and best players.

They want to make sure it’s long and fruitful for many years to come.

Back
Top Bottom