OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals set

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I think we could have haggled for an extra 10 mill, but we have a good relationship with United and did right by Casemiro
100%

Always been a cordial business relationship between the clubs, no matter what SAF said back in the day about not wanting to sell you guys a virus :lol:

When you guys were slumping in the mid 2000's the club sold you the likes of Van Nistlerooy, Beckham and Heinze as they were falling out of the starting lineups before Ron of course.

Now things have reversed and you've sent us Varane and Casemiro as they're getting close to transitioning out of the XI.

Works for both sides though here, gives an injection of quality, winning pedigree and leadership to a side lacking all of that and helps get value for players you guys have been in the process of replacing.

Funny thing about the age talk is that he's 30, nowadays that's not exactly washed yet.

He's younger than the likes of KDB, Kanté, Thiago, Jorginho and Gundogan :lol:

Chelsea have also shown recently how adding quality players in their 30s can work out really nicely with Silva and potentially Koulibaly.

Getting arguably the best at his position is a plus for me regardless of age. Especially when he's coming in to replace Scott ****ing McTominay in the XI :lol:. Might be the biggest disparity in a replacement I've ever seen

flyeed flyeed was saying 80m would be too low yesterday :lol:

I was saying if the plan is to just have the money sit in a bank, significantly weakening our chances at beating Barca to a league title and making another CL run (and losing a lot of money) then it’s not worth it to me. But it seems like the plan is to actually do something with the money.

Plus regarding the rumored agreed upon fee, we probably could have drawn out a whole saga and haggled more money, but like verde was saying I think the club is trying to just do right by Cas and the MU relationship.

6C0D94BE-C72E-41AB-9216-3593A953CED6.jpeg

E31E02AD-28BE-432A-870D-8AAD6C5DBE11.gif

He learned from his role model
D7054FC4-6CF7-4E5E-90CD-A237A73E840F.gif

Wait, what did Mbappe do to Messi??

Thought the beef was with Lannisterinho :lol:

Didn't know he had smoke for Messi too

Funny thing about the age talk is that he's 30, nowadays that's not exactly washed yet.

He's younger than the likes of KDB, Kanté, Thiago, Jorginho and Gundogan :lol:

Chelsea have also shown recently how adding quality players in their 30s can work out really nicely with Silva and potentially Koulibaly.

Getting arguably the best at his position is a plus for me regardless of age. Especially when he's coming in to replace Scott ****ing McTominay in the XI :lol:. Might be the biggest disparity in a replacement I've ever seen

my reaction to yall picking him up for a nice price while trying to spend on van de beek and rabiot.
tenor.gif

matter fact culers need to put some respect on Donnie's name for basically getting Casemiro out the paint.

Wait, what did Mbappe do to Messi??

Thought the beef was with Lannisterinho :lol:

Didn't know he had smoke for Messi too
He was mad at Marquinos(?) for passing the ball to Messi instead of him, so he stopped running and started stamping around and pouting. The Neymar penalty argument overshadowed it, but if you go back to the match it was a disgrace. If he continued the run, he could have been open for a goal.

Letting Pogba go on a free to then sign Casemiero is PEAK United.

All just a sham by the inbred Glazers to fool the fans.

Fans will forget about the Glazers again.

That’s why I said they were such good schemers earlier.

Whenever things get ugly they pull a move like this to quiet the fans down. :lol:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a huge protest/blackout Monday too?

That’s out the window now that Casemiro was bought :lol:

Mbappe didn’t do anything to Messi. He accidentally bumped him while trying to get to Neymar.

Now Messi FC, Neymar FC, and Barça boys (who have nothing to do with this) joined forces the last couple days and are out here trying to smear Mbappe to death.

They’re jealous Mbappe has so much power - Which Mbappe deserves btw, are we forgetting last season?

He was mad at Marquinos(?) for passing the ball to Messi instead of him, so he stopped running and started stamping around and pouting. The Neymar penalty argument overshadowed it, but if you go back to the match it was a disgrace. If he continued the run, he could have been open for a goal.

I remember that but yea seen that on replay, he blatantly bumped into Messi's shoulder like he was a chump when he was walking over to Neymar to demand the ball for the PK.

20220818_220923.jpg

:wow:

I started writing this over the weekend, but then stopped, bur Mbappe is starting to turn into a whiney selfish spoiled *****.
Q$G created a monster :lol:

The protest is still gonna go on regardless though, been planned for a few weeks now

Remember they postponed the derby the last time after the fans got onto the pitch. With all the sale talk and rumors swirling I expect as big a protest as ever on Monday regardless of any transfer business. The fans aren't the ones who've been asleep about the owners I promise you :lol:

The fact that the club is ready to drop 150m+ on real quality all of sudden after trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel earlier this month in Arnautovic and Rabiot and bull****ting all summer adds more fuel to the fire.

Last edited:
The protest is still gonna go on regardless though, been planned for a few weeks now

Remember they postponed the derby the last time after the fans got onto the pitch. With all the sale talk and rumors swirling I expect as big a protest as ever on Monday regardless of any transfer business. The fans aren't the ones who've been asleep about the owners I promise you :lol:

The fact that the club is ready to drop 150m+ on real quality all of sudden after trying to scrape the bottom of the barrel earlier this month in Arnautovic and Rabiot and bull****ting all summer adds more fuel to the fire.

That was the Super League protest tho man. That s*** worked.

That was a whole different thing. All of the English fans came together and protested at their clubs. It was great.

But this? Please….

Old Trafford will be PACKED Monday.

protesting the match and still buying tickets is the stupidest thing ive ever seen
The ones protesting aren't going to the match from what I've seen. The protest groups are trying to get the #EmptyOldTrafford thing going but it's hard to expect that for a match against Liverpool but it would send the biggest message ever having empty stands for the derby.

The amount of tourists and international fans who don't get to go regularly and come to OT makes it impossible though.

Back
Top Bottom