OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Inter Milan wins 20th Scudetto ⭐️⭐️🖤💙

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Said it last week, that Everton game next week is shaping up to be a trap game. Away, early, new manager, they haven’t won in forever

Man if we can get Caicedo as a long term Partey sub/replacement 🥲. Edu’s not playing around

20230121_192032.jpg

so what actually happened to sancho?
I was wondering that too. I thought he was injured or sick but after a very brief search, it sounds like he just wasn't in good enough form to be on the squad?
After being sick last year, then Antony arriving, he got less time. Then he didn't get picked for the England squad. Young man took a moral hit and started working privately with coaches to get better.

in a nutshell he wasn't good enough I guess. Could be wrong.

if y’all got any time to spare, read this thread on Lord Bendtner. this was man was a menace!

small sample :lol:

The man is the embodiment of living life to the fullest. Not sure if it's mentioned in the twitter thread but he's also a decent amateur CS:GO player and participated in some major tournaments :lol:

Arsenal had some quality banter players over the years. Wenger sure knew how to find a character.

so what actually happened to sancho?
By most accounts it sounds it was mental health related. He had a bright start to the season but the combination of injuries and fitness issues slowed his progress down and he ended up falling out of form.

More competition at his position and missing out on a WC spot had the coaching staff and him agree on a sort of reset midseason like Barbados Slim Barbados Slim alluded to. He worked with ETH's coaches in the Netherlands during the WC break and he's slowly been eased back into the normal flow of things the last 2 weeks.

ETH was consistent in insisting that he wouldn't rush him or put any pressure on him to come back until he felt he was fully ready again throughout that time. Looks like he's done enough to get back into the squad plans and looks like he might be back in action tomorrow in the FA Cup.

He needed to get right again with his mental and physical wellbeing and I'm glad he was afforded the time and support to get it back. Might pay dividends down the line this season if he's back in form.

An in form Rashford and him would be amazing for the squads aspirations this season.

Sancho shouldn’t be a Winger. Too slow.

For as many bad times Rashford had - you could never say he was slow. Rashford’s always played better at LW.

I think Sancho can play attacking mid tho. He’s technical and shifty enough. But unfortunately Bruno is there. Bruno can pass and score better.

Simple.

Pretty much our best 11 on form minus ederson
Would’ve liked to see Gundogan dropped to have Julian playing behind Haaland instead of KDB but it’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom