OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: International break

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don't understand overpaying the release clause right now with an ACL tear. after seeing how long it took sane to come back into form after his (2+ years) I would much rather see a plaeyr like him come back to full fitness first and show he's still the same player before paying big money while fresh off the injury

Oh no

Oh no

What happens to the SUPER LEAGUE now?

:lol:

4215_54.jpg_1941530201.jpg

Back to the drawing boards…

Can’t wait for da second Juventus Netflix Scandal documentary after these resignations

It’s interesting how Northern Italian fans always talk @$&$ about Napoli fans and call them all sorts of slurs, but meanwhile their favorite clubs are always up to some corrupt and racist nonsense.

Not just in sports though, pretty much every negative stereotype that Northerners have about Southerners, I’ve experienced the most from Northerners, especially when it comes to rudeness, corruption, and discrimination. Coupé It Coupé It was was that your experience when you lived out there, or am I wrong? I know you and I mentioned some specific examples, but just asking in general. I just found all of Italy to have a ton of scammers and thieves in general regardless of region; they’re just easier to spot in Napoli because those dudes don’t need to give a damn about blending in :lol:

Speaking of which, finally started to finish up Gomorra after taking a few years off. Idk, I still find it entertaining overall, but I feel like Season 4 doesn’t hit as hard as the previous seasons. Definitely missing more scumbag Don Pietro schemes

I kind of take offense when Italians like Azzura’s dad hate on Napoli’s dialect/language because of the similarities to Portuguese :lol:

Last edited:

Damn so they were actually trying to get ahead of some deep deep **** the club is about to be embroiled in...

That Ron transfer was always shady as hell at the time the way Fiat, Agnelli's family company, stepped in to handle the expense. Wouldn't be surprised if there were other similar things at play since they've been in a financial mess for a while.

That Arthur/Pjanic swap was also blatant money laundering

I feel that the Juve collase is far less impactful in 2022 than it was in 2006.

2006 they were the cream of the crop in SerieA, now its just another mismanaged mid card team.

It’s interesting how Northern Italian fans always talk @$&$ about Napoli fans and call them all sorts of slurs, but meanwhile their favorite clubs are always up to some corrupt and racist nonsense.

Not just in sports though, pretty much every negative stereotype that Northerners have about Southerners, I’ve experienced the most from Northerners, especially when it comes to rudeness, corruption, and discrimination. Coupé It Coupé It was was that your experience when you lived out there, or am I wrong? I know you and I mentioned some specific examples, but just asking in general. I just found all of Italy to have a ton of scammers and thieves in general regardless of region; they’re just easier to spot in Napoli because those dudes don’t need to give a damn about blending in :lol:

Speaking of which, finally started to finish up Gomorra after taking a few years off. Idk, I still find it entertaining overall, but I feel like Season 4 doesn’t hit as hard as the previous seasons. Definitely missing more scumbag Don Pietro schemes

I kind of take offense when Italians like Azzura’s dad hate on Napoli’s dialect/language because of the similarities to Portuguese :lol:

I wasn’t even that far south. I was in Rome. Which on the map is central but it’s still “The South” to Northerners.

But the Northerners were basically always like everyone South of Rome (Rome included) were dirty.

So that’s why I root for Roma or Napoli to always win the league.

Even if I have players I like on Northern teams - I know how much it would mean for the city Rome (Napoli of course too).

I wasn’t even that far south. I was in Rome. Which on the map is central but it’s still “The South” to Northerners.

But the Northerners were basically always like everyone South of Rome (Rome included) were dirty.

So that’s why I root for Roma or Napoli to always win the league.

Even if I have players I like on Northern teams - I know how much it would mean for the city Rome (Napoli of course too).

Yeah that’s what I mean, meanwhile so many sleazy and grimy politicians in Italy are from the North :lol: similar mentality as Spain : just blame the other regions and immigrants for your country’s problems so that you don’t have to take responsibility to improve anything

Yeah that’s what I mean, meanwhile so many sleazy and grimy politicians in Italy are from the North :lol: similar mentality as Spain : just blame the other regions and immigrants for your country’s problems so that you don’t have to take responsibility to improve anything

The South does have a huge corruption problem.

The North is better at hiding theirs.

The South does have a huge corruption problem.

The North is better at hiding theirs.

No doubt about that, especially with the worst one IMO being the Camorra’s trash disposal schemes in the South. That @$&” is literally killing off the population and creating massive increases in cancer rates. I want to go back to Campania but I’m low key scared to eat anything around there now.

Of course the industries from the other regions are complicit too, since they’re shipping their toxic waste down there for cheaper “disposal”…

Last season of Gomorrah was so bad.

I was so dissapointed.

I’m not there yet, but I’m not feeling the Sangue Blue plot. Feel like they ran out of ideas

First few seasons of the show felt like actual high stakes scenarios, but now it feels like people switch sides and kill each other every 5 minutes. It reminds me of Sons of Anarchy, another show that just completely took me out of it once people started murdering every single person in Northern California in the name of peace. I think both shows have a “it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better” line, meanwhile the only reason that’s happening is because the main characters are literally committing genocide on their hometowns :lol:

As much of an @$@ Don Pietro was, he really held the show together IMO. His screen presence hasn’t been replaced

Last edited:
I’m not there yet, but I’m not feeling the Sangue Blue plot. Feel like they ran out of ideas

First few seasons of the show felt like actual high stakes scenarios, but now it feels like people switch sides and murder each other every 5 minutes. As much of an @$@ Don Pietro was, he really held the show together IMO

First two seasons are GOAT’d. Agree.

Once Harvey Weinstein got MeToo’d it took a dive.

But the last season is so bad.

Back
Top Bottom