OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals set

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I don’t think that’s throwing them under the bus either.

I’m just surprised they asked to come off.

Especially Haaland. You’re a striker bro. You had to have the least amount of km ran throughout the game.

Idk I didn't watch the conference so I'm not sure the context. The headline sounds like there some blame being thrown amd Pep deflected. Sure, there's been worse said, but it's not often you hear a manager tell the press a player asked to come out.

Idk I didn't watch the conference so I'm not sure the context. The headline sounds like there some blame being thrown amd Pep deflected. Sure, there's been worse said, but it's not often you hear a manager tell the press a player asked to come out.

That’s true too. Things said in managers and players native language get lost in translation ALL THE TIME. Making it seem way worse than it usually is.

And a English/American outlets run with the headlines ALL THE TIME too.

Wicked game.

Oh **** OFF youre bringing on ****ing Eddie Nketiah to save the season? **** off.
Eddie and Reiss need to leave this summer. Both make zero impact on games. No idea why they gave Reiss 100k a week
ESR can go too if arteta sees it that way
I assume it’s a wrap for Zin once timber is back

Been saying it since last summer. Need a goal scorer, backups for Ode and Saka, replacements for Jorginho and Partey and some defenders.
Big summer ahead, we need to win something next year. Carabao or whatever. But artetas cup competition record is disgusting

Firstly GGs City. As I endured 110 mins of my squad getting outclassed, it was clear y’all are the best team in Europe by quite a margin (for now..)

But the best team doesn’t always win. Even when they play better. Footy can be a cruel game, and it’s an L for City that reminds us again how insane RM’s threepeat was.

Onto RM. For as much as they channeled the spirts of Chelsea Mou and peak Simeone for their bus and deserve all the credit defensively, RM had a shameful performance from an attacking sense. Camavinga for as talented as he is at times lacks composure and short passing ability. He also lost track of KDB on the goal. For as much as they’re compared, there are currently levels of difference between him and Tchouameni.

Imo if you want to have a shot to outplay City you can’t have that many weak ball-playing links grouped together in one part of the pitch (today Rudi, Nacho, Mendy, and Cama) or they press you and force you to back pass to your GK, and the ball never leaves your half.

But over the course of a CL campaign sometimes you’ve gotta win ugly. RM went somewhere they’d never won before, played a weak game against Europe’s best side, and still somehow some way moved on by a miracle. And we take that.

A por la 15.

20240418_002309.jpg

Final thoughts as I process this madness more.

This performance highlights why RM are so successful in this comp. For as much as people focus on their mystique in the CL, there’s also something concrete. They don’t have one set style they’re attached to. And if needed, the same group that is capable of playing a technical and expansive match against one opponent, can go commit footy terrorism the next match. It’s part of the ethos of the club, even down to La Fabrica where they’re not taught just one set way to play. This was a defensive masterclass. And it required crazy mental resilience to not break or fold under the endless presssure.

The thread OGs will remember:

1713415500942.jpeg

1713415466196.jpeg

Eddie and Reiss need to leave this summer. Both make zero impact on games. No idea why they gave Reiss 100k a week
ESR can go too if arteta sees it that way
I assume it’s a wrap for Zin once timber is back

Been saying it since last summer. Need a goal scorer, backups for Ode and Saka, replacements for Jorginho and Partey and some defenders.
Big summer ahead, we need to win something next year. Carabao or whatever. But artetas cup competition record is disgusting
Agree with all this except Reiss leaving. He's a good backup but he needs more playing time; if Arteta ever rotated the squad he's a perfect piece for games against the likes of Luton or Everton. I also think the same for ESR but I don't think he has a place anymore, as a backup or last resort, so get him out to save his career (except for at Chelsea).

Striker has to be #1 target this year. Arteta admitted we don't have a 30-40 goal per year player, and ever since RVP left that's been our shortcoming. Don't forget the one trophy Arteta has won, came at the foot of the one true striker we had that got shipped to Barca for nothing.

Final thoughts as I process this madness more.

This performance highlights why RM are so successful in this comp. For as much as people focus on their mystique in the CL, there’s also something concrete. They don’t have one set style they’re attached to. And if needed, the same group that is capable of playing a technical and expansive match against one opponent, can go commit footy terrorism the next match. It’s part of the ethos of the club, even down to La Fabrica where they’re not taught just one set way to play. This was a defensive masterclass. And it required crazy mental resilience to not break or fold under the endless presssure.

The thread OGs will remember:

1713415500942.jpeg

1713415466196.jpeg

You on some shrooms again huh?

Nice.

Back
Top Bottom