OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Champions League semifinals set

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
“Trophies” :lol:

Man, he beat Italy and won in the MLS of Europe…

sasmh-220x180.png
Ligue 1 tiers ahead of MLS.

We're officially in the Mbappe, Haaland era

Haaland & Salah gonna have to dominate club wise

Mane & KDB will get a lot love depending on his World Cup

Benz, Lewa & Vinicius still have a chance (if he goes up another level)
Don't be surprised if your boy Vini gets some serious shouts if Brazil take care of business in Qatar and he has close to the same production for you guys that he did last season

Ligue 1 would be Liga MX tier. lot of frenchies over in Mexico making a killing. Gignac practally has a statue there. and Dani Alves joined Pumas

Still don't think moving for FDJ makes sense for them given their needs, already got Kovacic who's just about WC in the same role, but if they pull that off on top of this and a striker they'll smash the single window net spend transfer record

Still don't think moving for FDJ makes sense for them given their needs, already got Kovacic who's just about WC in the same role, but if they pull that off on top of this and a striker they'll smash the single window net spend transfer record

I'd truly be shocked if FDJ joins Chelsea now. I am certain he is staying in Barcelona no matter what

Jorginho and Kante are on the final year of their contracts. There's no word about their future

Kovacic often gets hurt. Unable to play more than 45 all comp games a season in the last two seasons

Gallagher on bench will be beneficial for both him and the club. Thanks to the five sub rule

Chukwuemeka will likely play cup games mostly

Tuchel doesn't want to stick with the back three formation all the way. He prefers flexible options in choosing formations just like he did with BVB and PSG

This is the most hilarious transfer window of all time. :lol:
Last year was the wildest in terms of the number of massive, unexpected and news breaking moves.

This year has been a glorious return to pre-Covid silly season spending wise and lengthy, drawn out and dramatic transfer sagas :lol:

Well put. Last summer was wild because Messi and CR7 moved the same window. This summer has been pure comedy with Lukaku going back to Inter, Barça pulling levers and screwing its own players out of wages, and United’s shenanigans. The jokes write themselves.

I think 2023 is gonna be the first time the B'dor leaves la Liga in a while

It could be a safe bet. But I think Benz has a shot at repeating if he wins LL, goes further than Mbappe in the CL, and plays at least at the same level as Mbappe in a WC run. And I think like rol mentioned, if Vini plays a lead role in a WC win and has club success he could win it, but I think Benz’s path might be clearer.

In a WC year I don’t see Lewa getting love unfortunately if he couldn’t with those monster seasons he had previously. Nor do I see Haaland or Salah winning it, voters put OD emphasis on the WC.

That Barca studios deal really makes no sense. For perspective, the value of Paramount studios is $1.96 billion. So how is Barca studios essentially getting valued at 400m.

The entirety of Inter Milan was worth 743m in 2021. None of this makes legal and logical sense.

I have no idea who has votes for these awards and how much footy they watch. But looking at winners/finalists, I really think a lot of them don’t watch that much football. Seems like it’s older cats who once upon a time maybe followed the sport more religiously but don’t want to relinquish their voting power to more knowledgeable and enthusiastic journos.

The big stages and highest levels of competition of the CL and WC should have more value when voting. But they still have disproportionately high value, because those are the matches that nobody misses. But I really don’t think these cats are actually tuning into those random match week 11 type fixtures. Nor are they knowledgeable on players who aren’t established names.

Back
Top Bottom