OFFICIAL 2023-24 FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: International break

Who will win the 2023/24 Champions League?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Been rumors that it's his last season in Madrid.

Also been reports they'd want to sign Dave on a free next summer

BRUH, Im so over it. Last night at Argentina v Jamaica I spent half the time looking at the people and the kits they were wearing. Tons of Mexixans and Central Americans wearing an Argentina kit acting like they are guacho.

Dont even get me started on the Jamaicans all wearing their favorite EPL teams. I saw more Arsenal jamaica color kits than actual Jamaica kits. Attending football matches Ive come to the conclusion that a ton of people have identity issues.
I had no idea that was you fam. I was the Black guy rooting for Argentina and Jamaica. I happen to not be Jamaican or Argentinean but I was proud to siglng both national anthems with tears streaming down my face. I agree lots of identity issues for sure but I'm glad that my identity is for da squad that goes far in da WC

Khelaifi definitely has a sort of weird obsession with always trying to get one over the big 2 Spanish clubs man :lol:

You typically never have club ceo's/presidents commenting on other clubs and their affairs so publicly and especially constantly like he does.

Even though they're one of the wealthiest clubs on the world and have become a massive club over the last decade, they still project a lotofo insecurity when it comes to their place amongst the other elite European clubs

Their form under him since coming back from retirement compared to the last few years before has been night and day man.

His ability to get the most out of that group is top notch. He did it with the previous generation of RVP/Robben/Sneijder during their twighlight in Brazil and he's doing it with the new/current generation.

They're one of the most in form sides in the world heading into the World Cup, far cry from when how they didn't even qualify the last time in Russia.

Would not bet against them making a good run in Qatar at all. Even with their side of the bracket being stacked I expect them to get to at least the quarters.

I appreciate their support. Most latin american neutrals seem to gravitate to Brazil, so it makes me smile when they join us.

Bro my dad is from El Salvador and his favorite teams are Brazil and...Argentina :rofl:I followed suit as a kid until I realized liking both of those teams was like liking the Lakers and Celtics, something I've tried explaining to my dad but he dgaf.

I def get the Central American love for those teams though, especially for my dad growing up in the times of Pele then Maradona, how could you not? Especially when El Salvador was getting routed 10-1 in the world cup and have only made it twice overall.

I’m not necessarily a fan who follows them, but I have jerseys of countries I like visiting/like the culture of/like specific players. For example I’m not trying to claim to be Japanese when I wear my Kagawa jersey to work out; I just liked him as a player and spending time in Japan *shrugs*

I would love more people of all backgrounds to support Portugal especially if it gets people off Spain’s nuts :lol:

I’m not necessarily a fan who follows them, but I have jerseys of countries I like visiting/like the culture of/like specific players. For example I’m not trying to claim to be Japanese when I wear my Kagawa jersey to work out; I just liked him as a player and spending time in Japan *shrugs*

I would love more people of all backgrounds to support Portugal especially if it gets people off Spain’s nuts :lol:
i also collect jerseys of cities i visit
the funniest one i have is a 3xl thailand soccer league jersey i have...**** fits like a sz medium

harry "Coke" Kane
💀

i guess you could say this was the moment that kicked off the partnership...ill see myself out

1664471307998.jpeg

Outside of Portugal it’s been France for me, And it’s been that way since I can remember.

Years later I felt like I needed a fav team in CONCACAF and COMNEBOL - So I started to root Colombia and Jamaica.

But I’m absolutely a fraud fan because I don’t keep up with them at all. If you admit the fraud, that’s cool with me. :lol:

See I could already tell alot of you guys didn’t grow up with Brazilian people because if you did you wouldn’t be a Brazil fan.

Imagine a Cowboys fan but like 1000x worse.

Facts. I love Brazilian people until they start talking footy because they’re so annoying about it. Watching Brazil get knocked out of a World cup is more satisfying than watching the Cowboys or Lakers get knocked out in the playoffs

Facts. I love Brazilian people until they start talking footy because they’re so annoying about it. Watching Brazil get knocked out of a World cup is more satisfying than watching the Cowboys or Lakers get knocked out in the playoffs

It’s not even about when they win. (You won congrats. You have like 200 million people in football mad country - YOU SHOULD WIN.)

It’s when THEY LOSE. OMG bro.

The excuses upon excuses. The radical claims of “it’s rigged”. They’re terrible losers man. By far the worst I have ever encountered.

Back
Top Bottom