⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD2AB733-9A87-40F3-AE14-0ED969AF5A38.jpeg

If these two pan out :pimp:

japes napoli needs to happen
could icardi go to napoli?
pepe to napoli too would be great to see

Don't see why not,Italian clubs seemingly love doing each other solids. They're really going for it this summer it feels like,def keeping an eye on the rest of their moves this window.

Also the more I think about it,the more I like the sound of an attack of Lemar and Felix on the wings with James in the hole and Morata/Costa up top. Could give them a lot more bite in attack to go with Cholo's elite defence. Their MF is already set with Saul and Koke,just swap out Rodri with Llorente/Herrera or Partey

Dudes would be deep as hell everywhere

Don't see why not,Italian clubs seemingly love doing each other solids. They're really going for it this summer it feels like,def keeping an eye on the rest of their moves this window.

Also the more I think about it,the more I like the sound of an attack of Lemar and Felix on the wings with James in the hole and Morata/Costa up top. Could give them a lot more bite in attack to go with Cholo's elite defence. Their MF is already set with Saul and Koke,just swap out Rodri with Llorente/Herrera or Partey

Dudes would be deep as hell everywhere
**** all them ******

y'all seriously could do a lot better if you have winning UCL aspirations

Yea but I don’t think he will be a starter. He would be 3rd choice starting the odd league game and some league cup and FA cup games. First choice should be Laporte and Stones which I’m happy with cause they look great together usually when they have played together.

If otamendi was sold I would love to bring somewhen else in who could actually push for a starting role but their aren’t many options. City won’t pay maguires price nor do I think we should and de ligt is Juventus bound. Koulibaly won’t be obtainable. I think it’s best for us to not move for a centerback this summer given the circumstances

Yea but I don’t think he will be a starter. He would be 3rd choice starting the odd league game and some league cup and FA cup games. First choice should be Laporte and Stones which I’m happy with cause they look great together usually when they have played together
but what about when Pep does his thing where he falls out of favor with Stones or is that overblown?

Last edited:
but what about when Pep does his thing where he falls out of favor with Stones or is that overblown?
Overblown.

We basically have all of our eggs in one basket defensively. 3 CBs means at least one of Stones or Laporte will be playing tons of minutes with Otamendi in non meaningful matches. If one of em gets a knock its gonna put more pressure on us defensively.

Our style of play doesnt neccesarily rely on our defense but when we have those moments it's a killer because teams are willing to sit back and invite us forward to exploit our CBs.

Overblown. Stones was first choice right along with Laporte beginning the season and as a pairing they where up there as one of the best partnership in the league last season. He had a bit of an injury problem towards the middle to back end and struggled to find form again. So pep leaned on Kompany for his experience cause of which was very much the right choice and paid off (that amazing goal against Leicester)

My concern is more him being able to find form again after an injury if that happens again. When he’s on a good run of fitness and no injuries he’s great for us but if he goes down he takes a while to refind his form after an injury

Overblown.

We basically have all of our eggs in one basket defensively. 3 CBs means at least one of Stones or Laporte will be playing tons of minutes with Otamendi in non meaningful matches. If one of em gets a knock its gonna put more pressure on us defensively.

Our style of play doesnt neccesarily rely on our defense but when we have those moments it's a killer because teams are willing to sit back and invite us forward to exploit our CBs.

As much as a feel for Laporte not being able to get into the French side it does help us cause he’s able to be a consistent starter in every match cause he doesn’t have to worry about international duty and the wear and tear that comes with that. Because stones has tended to be the one to struggle more with injury I think he should be the one otamendi goes in for to give a rest often to hell manage stones fitness. #LoadManagement

Also I think we will see Fernandinho a bit at centerback this season

Last edited:
Any one happen to know where I can catch this arsenal game?

Haven’t really looked yet but figured I’d ask first

Ready to see Real Mierdads signings turn out to be busts this season and once again they go another season of no hardware. Also proving that Zidane is a fraud of a manager. Everything about that club and the only good thing is their white shirts for me to use as toilet paper.

Question for you guys.

Heading to the benfica open training in a few days so I’m bringing a couple jerseys to get signed and maybe pictures with them too.

Looking forward to rafa Silva and he’s not a household name but he was on that euro16 squad and did play a handful of minutes. So got two options of him signing a blank 2016 home jersey or an authentic Ronaldo with all the patches including the match details of the final vs France in which he was riding the bench the whole game.

So should I have him sign the blank one or the one with all the details. I have no intention of selling it and might even wear it with the signature

Ready to see Real Mierdads signings turn out to be busts this season and once again they go another season of no hardware. Also proving that Zidane is a fraud of a manager. Everything about that club and the only good thing is their white shirts for me to use as toilet paper.
Shut your barcecaca *** up fool. Go come back from a rape and talk champions if you going to talk **** fool

Question for you guys.

Heading to the benfica open training in a few days so I’m bringing a couple jerseys to get signed and maybe pictures with them too.

Looking forward to rafa Silva and he’s not a household name but he was on that euro16 squad and did play a handful of minutes. So got two options of him signing a blank 2016 home jersey or an authentic Ronaldo with all the patches including the match details of the final vs France in which he was riding the bench the whole game.

So should I have him sign the blank one or the one with all the details. I have no intention of selling it and might even wear it with the signature

Sign the blank one, definitely......

Then tell him to leave Benfica please :lol:

Would be quiet the come up for him,he looked pretty bad last season

'Next 3 weeks' will believe it when I see it...:lol:

As much as a feel for Laporte not being able to get into the French side it does help us cause he’s able to be a consistent starter in every match cause he doesn’t have to worry about international duty and the wear and tear that comes with that. Because stones has tended to be the one to struggle more with injury I think he should be the one otamendi goes in for to give a rest often to hell manage stones fitness. #LoadManagement

Also I think we will see Fernandinho a bit at centerback this season
Yeah I can see that. He can also cover the right side and send up our RB to attack too.

Tbh tho, I am a really firm believer in load management. Hopefully we can just promote some of the youth CBs we have or dont send someone on loan we can possibly need for an FA or League Cup match.

I wanted us to be 2 deep in every position because we have never had a healthy squad for long periods of times. Pep always switched things up so I just wanted to be consistent for the big matches for once.

I got faith Pep will lead us to a 3rd, but what I really want is the UCL Trophy. I will gladly give Liverpool 1st place this upcoming season for a UCL Finals appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom