⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
England look like they’re going to get bounced out in the group stages....or lose to Someone like Iceland again...
1600894667472.gif

He shoulda done better there, but that backpass was just as bad. You're putting your keeper in a very tough situation with two oppos closing in.

😂

for the record jape jape I'm not a huge dest fan. He's got great skill on the ball but can't defend at all.

I really think this is one of those things that started without basis and just gets repeated because it sounds like it should or could be true only because Dest is so talented offensively.

I've been watching Dest for years, he's a really good 1v1 defender with the physical tools to be exceptional. Maybe surprisingly for such a relatively small technically gifted player, he defends with a ton of tenacity and aggression. He's physically strong relative to his bodyweight and his feet and hips are simply elite. Only his height isn't ideal.

Last season his team defending was average and more or less what you'd expect from an 18/19yo in his first top flight season. Nothing even remotely egregious, he's just not a guy who makes a ton of mistakes or loses focus. He's been starting professionally since he was 17, even in Dutch football, you simply don't see the field if you don't know how to defend at pro level.

I definitely think it's fair to question if Dest is ready. Does he have the mental consistency needed to succeed for 30+ matches at the highest level that we're talking about? Idk but there just isn't anything a lot we can point to that says he's a subpar defender based on performance.

5 years from now when he's 24, Dest will likely be one of those fullbacks who goes for 40-50M in today's $. That's exactly why a club like Bayern is interested right now at around 20M, and willing to do the whole song and dance.

Last edited:
would've been easier to digest had he not went to atleti...but it was time. barca have no replacement though.
instead of spending on bleek barca should just hold out till next szn and see if lauraro can happen.

I’d be happy with just 1 but if Arsenal can land Aouar and Partey it would be an amazing transfer window

Things are getting crazy
Also read a whole Japanese club had to drop out of a tourney because they were only left with 11 players

Starting to feel like more and more players catching it again. Probably a mix of second wave and dudes getting too comfortable not staying on it with the safety measures.
Also

Starting to feel like more and more players catching it again. Probably a mix of second wave and dudes getting too comfortable not staying on it with the safety measures.
Also

why doesn't england want to follow suit with the rest of europe about 5 subs?

I agree but I don’t think the FA would’ve done any different. These the same dudes that just had to do their own thing with VAR instead of following what other countries did that was working better. They probably just pushed the decision off on the clubs and so they can say “see they voted for it not us”

it goes both ways though.
fifa references in this thread are always funny...especially flyeed flyeed who keeps repeatedly telling us how good he is :lol:

receipt in spoiler

Here’s me in my prime rampaging to a division 1 win without a single L :pimp:

6E23134A-B980-45E0-921E-D663E9150D2B.jpeg

Dropped fifa since 19 for smash so I’m prob not as good anymore though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom