⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quadruple
EB89375C-78B6-4E44-9EFF-D432DB33AEC9.gif

Props to RM for the win.

In real time I thought then Vini goal was very close to offsides. It didn’t seem to get mentioned or reviewed. Was hoping for a good angle.

T-Boat was amazing. Thought pool did enough to at least tie but Courtoius wasn’t having it. Near the end though Real had a few odd man breaks that they fumbled badly so could have been 2 if ceballos was at all clinical

Surprised Diaz got the start and wasn’t the jolt off the bench. He was ghost out there. Thought salah played well and looked like he really wanted the game.

It was a joy to watch this guy in his prime

Although Roberto Carlos was more iconic (he really helped put Real back on the map after a brief dark period) and I'd say he was a bit better player overall, it's hard to argue against Marcelo's case as the greatest Real LB ever man...

Man has won everything and more than anyone else and he played a big part in a lot of that success. He was the guy with the playmaker ability of a no.10 but who'd still be attacking and pushing hard in thw 91st minute and running like a madman during extra time :lol:

Gotta be the greatest LB of the 2010's, legit legend status. Gonna be weird not seeing him at Real anymore. End of an era forreal.

On another note, looks like Modric is extending

Sheesh, missed out on the golden boot the final day of the season too.

As great a season as he had individually, I know the end results are gonna sting for a really really long time for him.

His production after getting back from the AFCON really teetered out, he was the likely Ballon D'Or favorite before that after the first half of the season.

They're already being linked to Nunez and Dembele as replacements.

Bayern could not find a better Lewa replacement man, fair play to convincing him to leave an amazing situation.

Wonder if that starts a domino effect this summer

Mane -> Bayern
Lewa -> Barca
FDJ -> United?

I love how the agenda is trent falling asleep but what won't get mentioned is robertson pressing high up without impact in that phase of play, failing to get back in position, out back 4 being turned to a back 3 with virgil having to get towards the ball on that flank, Konate, and trent coming across to get in between the ball and goal while tracking benzema. But yeah, trent fell asleep 😂

Laziest analysis I've heard

Well that hire was pointless :smh:

Was most looking forward to this part of the agreement but guess this is required for a fresh start under the new setup.

Well that hire was pointless :smh:

Was most looking forward to this part of the agreement but guess this is required for a fresh start under the new setup.
Yea total waste of time if he wasn't staying on afterwards :smh:

The behind the scenes stuff was always more his speed, not management. Might as well have just rocked with Carrick till the end of the season if that was gonna be the outcome.

Part of me feels like the club or Glazers didn't take kindly to his brutal honesty about the state of things in the press and weren't down to hire him long term. The results didn't help either but that wasn't what he was sold as.

Just hope it's a decision ETH prefers rather than one that the club made without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom