⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG Belgium Belgium big j 33 big j 33

I definitely was not participating in an intense 5 v 5 full court match of American sports yesterday
GG Spurs fans. We still control our destiny. Arteta is gonna have to do some serious work to mentally prepare these boys to win these last two games.
If we can't beat Newcastle and Everton to get CL football, then we don't deserve it. We need to dig deep and see this over the line.
This is where I'm at. I am gutted we couldn't complete the job at their pitch and do the double on em but I'll save my depression until we make sure to kill our last chances with Newcastle/Everton.

How most of my brethren feel is warranted tho, we put ourselves in a perfect position to lock it up and we bottled it. The first penalty was soft and corrupt but holding earned that second yellow and his sending off was justified. Maybe the game would of been different without the penalty call but I'm done complaining about the refs, they will always be ****; it was on us to not make boneheaded individual mistakes. I'm already bricking myself about the Newcastle match, its going to be tough, but we still got the chance to make that result at spurs stadium irrelevant. COYG

Looks like Pepe is gone this summer. Just didn’t work out for him. Him and laca gone should open up some good wage space

:lol: at Klopp "developing" that club. Liverpool went from midtable 8th place in the Prem to Champions League finalists in 3 years. Firmino, Mane, Salah, VVD, Fabinho and Allison were plug and play. Those signings were an impact literally overnight. Let's not act like those players weren't good and turned a corner because Klopp developed them.

Also the Haaland purchase is not due to Peps failed tactics for CL knockouts...we literally don't have a striker for 2+ seasons now.

This is honestly the only marquee signing we've had since KDB lets be 100. Its funny people think we have a plethora of world class players and at the same time denounce the very same players and prefer others in the same position. Let's look at Team of the Season for example. We'll probably win the league but only have KDB, Cancelo and Dias in the 11, maybe Rodri. It only fits peoples narratives until it doesn't.

Pep and Klopp developed the clubs but not necessarily the players. I'd give the edge to Klopp on development overall but both have spent a huge amount to build and shape the clubs to where they are now with spending.

:lol: at Klopp "developing" that club. Liverpool went from midtable 8th place in the Prem to Champions League finalists in 3 years. Firmino, Mane, Salah, VVD, Fabinho and Allison were plug and play. Those signings were an impact literally overnight. Let's not act like those players weren't good and turned a corner because Klopp developed them.

Also the Haaland purchase is not due to Peps failed tactics for CL knockouts...we literally don't have a striker for 2+ seasons now.

This is honestly the only marquee signing we've had since KDB lets be 100. Its funny people think we have a plethora of world class players and at the same time denounce the very same players and prefer others in the same position. Let's look at Team of the Season for example. We'll probably win the league but only have KDB, Cancelo and Dias in the 11, maybe Rodri. It only fits peoples narratives until it doesn't.

Pep and Klopp developed the clubs but not necessarily the players. I'd give the edge to Klopp on development overall but both have spent a huge amount to build and shape the clubs to where they are now with spending.

When discussing a manager’s development of players, I think the main factor is how the ‘average’ and not so good players fair under that manager.

A big part of the reason I’m so excited about Conte is that he has a proven track record of making lesser skilled players perform way beyond what was expected of them. Victor Moses is the clearest example that comes to mind.

I have no doubt in my mind that Klopp is likewise fantastic at developing players.

Picked up TOTS Son to complete my Spurs squad on Fifa and my guy has been causing ragequit after ragequit :lol:
This one from today is just beautiful, 80 minutes in he pressed that pause button to quit the second Son's shot went in

Note: If you have a keeper with either really good or really bad kicking, you can max power kick it to roughly where the ball landed in this video and it'll often cause the opponent's goalkeeper AI to mess up.

Holy smokes you winning with that food defense wow. Ya won the sbc dept for tots epl with helllllla sbc. This how my team lining up right now. Raul is one of my faves ever. But i know he can easily be benched but i enjoy this squad. Im broke as a joke and no fodder after doing cantona sbc. Mans scored 7 gols and won me the champ game in ot 7-4 on champs. His first game
4D5B1E7F-452C-4CD3-BE4F-431F06D3EB17.png

Holy smokes you winning with that food defense wow. Ya won the sbc dept for tots epl with helllllla sbc. This how my team lining up right now. Raul is one of my faves ever. But i know he can easily be benched but i enjoy this squad. Im broke as a joke and no fodder after doing cantona sbc. Mans scored 7 gols and won me the champ game in ot 7-4 on champs. His first game
4D5B1E7F-452C-4CD3-BE4F-431F06D3EB17.png
That squad is looking good :emoji_fire: Cantona is a pain in the *** to play against, as is TOTS De Gea. I never believed in upgraded GK stats mattering but after getting Lloris’ TOTS, I’m baffled every match at the absurd saves he pulls that wouldn’t have happened with his regular card.

EA has really been spoiling us Spurs fans this year, more than usual. A one club squad is always possible but it’s not necessarily competitive. Here, the whole squad has special cards with juiced up stats.
The weakest link is easily Tanganga, he doesn’t perform anywhere near to his stats, especially passing and dribbling/pace.
There’s also the issue of the lack of defensive bullying in midfield. Normally I play with 2 tall, strong and aggressive CMs with just as good defending as my actual DM. In this case, Sissoko is the only midfielder bullying anyone.

I average around 34-36% possession against other players so my playstyle benefits massively from solid defensive stats on all my midfielders.

CF6FC53A-67C7-4339-A31B-B97BA82579FC.png

The subs:
1B661EFF-0693-4BB3-BF35-6095EDFDB258.jpeg

Last edited:
That squad is looking good :emoji_fire: Cantona is a pain in the *** to play against, as is TOTS De Gea. I never believed in upgraded GK stats mattering but after getting Lloris’ TOTS, I’m baffled every match at the absurd saves he pulls that wouldn’t have happened with his regular card.

CF6FC53A-67C7-4339-A31B-B97BA82579FC.png

The subs:
1B661EFF-0693-4BB3-BF35-6095EDFDB258.jpeg
Ive had de gea for maybe 10 games and mans not doing it for me i keep gettn scored outside the box anytime someone has a chance. Ima bout to try him this wl. So far UP ter stegen is way better for me. And llores tots is by far the toughest gk i face . Im just patiently waiting for tots courtois . I need benzema too. As far as subs go. My main guy i bring in to close game is Sangare in cdm. That mans is insane. I would rather start him than makelele but chem efn me up. I mainly did de gea bcz i packed dias in the epl sbc guaranteed. I know that Son card must be insane. I heard good things about Kane too. Ima end up doing a mix of past and present of real madrid and manU once tots is over. I need zidane moments. Also on youtube reviews peeps keep saying that dele is a must to do. I was riding with la liga alllll tear til tots epl came out

Ive had de gea for maybe 10 games and mans not doing it for me i keep gettn scored outside the box anytime someone has a chance. Ima bout to try him this wl. So far UP ter stegen is way better for me. And llores tots is by far the toughest gk i face . Im just patiently waiting for tots courtois . I need benzema too. As far as subs go. My main guy i bring in to close game is Sangare in cdm. That mans is insane. I would rather start him than makelele but chem efn me up. I mainly did de gea bcz i packed dias in the epl sbc guaranteed. I know that Son card must be insane. I heard good things about Kane too. Ima end up doing a mix of past and present of real madrid and manU once tots is over. I need zidane moments. Also on youtube reviews peeps keep saying that dele is a must to do. I was riding with la liga alllll tear til tots epl came out
That Dele card was expensive af, after Kulusevski I’m down to my last 200k coins and almost no SBC fodder unless I sacrifice my Serie A squad that I used up until building the special card-only Spurs squad.

I put Shadow on Dele and he actually intercepts quite frequently, though he’s by no means a Sissoko. Dribbling is silky smooth, pace is very noticeable and his passing is top notch. Good at headers too. I haven’t scored much with him, his role in my squad is simply to defend and link up the midfield with the attackers. So he doesn’t end up in big scoring opportunities much due to my playstyle.

Sidenote: Speaking of Sissoko…
My one and only Spurs kit :lol::pimp:
E49F9636-2241-4E78-AC9E-C86EA1A1F9B0.jpeg

Last edited:
When discussing a manager’s development of players, I think the main factor is how the ‘average’ and not so good players fair under that manager.

A big part of the reason I’m so excited about Conte is that he has a proven track record of making lesser skilled players perform way beyond what was expected of them. Victor Moses is the clearest example that comes to mind.

I have no doubt in my mind that Klopp is likewise fantastic at developing players.
Exactly. Klopp had Joe Allen looking like Xabi at times. Had Adam Lallana clicking. Took the club to a Europa league final in his first year, but claims Salah and Mane were plug and play when there were countless articles coming out saying that they didn't know Salah was this elite of a player

Turned Coutinho into the consistent magician where he was able to be sold to Bareclona. Not to mention Trent, Robertson, Winjnaldum etc.

Some of these man wouldn't be supporting city if they weren't flush with cash to buy championships. Let the Saudies sell the club to someone who's all about making a buck and barely qualifying for top 4 and watch as they paint them baby blue kits into black white and Grey and start singing local hero.

If you had given Pep that same Liverpool squad when Jurgen took over there is absolutely no chance he would have gotten it to where it is now.

Klopp>Pep
Mourinho>Pep
Ancelotti>Pep

Exactly. Klopp had Joe Allen looking like Xabi at times. Had Adam Lallana clicking. Took the club to a Europa league final in his first year, but claims Salah and Mane were plug and play when there were countless articles coming out saying that they didn't know Salah was this elite of a player

Turned Coutinho into the consistent magician where he was able to be sold to Bareclona. Not to mention Trent, Robertson, Winjnaldum etc.

Some of these man wouldn't be supporting city if they weren't flush with cash to buy championships. Let the Saudies sell the club to someone who's all about making a buck and barely qualifying for top 4 and watch as they paint them baby blue kits into black white and Grey and start singing local hero.
Salah was banging in goals and led the Serie A in assists the year before he joined Liverpool, I wouldn't take any British articles saying they didn't know he was "that good" with a grain of salt :lol:

I mean look at his tenure at Chelsea, ofc the British media wrote him off meanwhile he was killing in Switzerland and Italy.

Mane was chased by a lot of clubs, even Man U had some links to Mane. They were literally bought and put in to do what they did and still do.

I'm not even gonna touch on Joe Allen :lol: but Hendo, Robertson and TAA definitely made the jump no one expected them of.

Klopp definitely has the edge but I wouldn't overlook Pep on the development with the likes Ederson, Zinchenko, Sane, Cancelo, Bernardo Silva and even Sterling to an extent.

And I also agree Pep wouldn't of had that impact on Liverpool if Klopp and Pep switched places.

I'm liking that Conte is giving Sessegnon a lot of burn and Emerson Royal has been balling out for yall. 2 matches away from a well deserved Champions League spot too. Conte definitely deserved another chance in the Prem and he's been working wonders with that back 3.

I feel like the Spurs have been such a broken team but somehow Conte's been patching everything up with next to nothing :lol: but it helps having Sonny and Kane carry the scoring load.

I'm surprised you still faithfully grinding FUT. I gave up after like FIFA 20. I havent made a FIFA thread after I think. Is there still a ton of momentum and scripting in next gen? I also feel like the promos and cards got extremely repetitive especially the players they choose for each promo.

Salah was banging in goals and led the Serie A in assists the year before he joined Liverpool, I wouldn't take any British articles saying they didn't know he was "that good" with a grain of salt :lol:

I mean look at his tenure at Chelsea, ofc the British media wrote him off meanwhile he was killing in Switzerland and Italy.

Mane was chased by a lot of clubs, even Man U had some links to Mane. They were literally bought and put in to do what they did and still do.

I'm not even gonna touch on Joe Allen :lol: but Hendo, Robertson and TAA definitely made the jump no one expected them of.

Klopp definitely has the edge but I wouldn't overlook Pep on the development with the likes Ederson, Zinchenko, Sane, Cancelo, Bernardo Silva and even Sterling to an extent.

And I also agree Pep wouldn't of had that impact on Liverpool if Klopp and Pep switched places.
City is different than Liverpool and most other clubs. The team is flushed with Talent. You insert most players into City and they will perform better almost instantaneously due to being surrounded by players with raw natural talent. If you're a forward, your goals will go up because the service you're receiving from KDB and your Wingers is better than what they've received from their previous club. If you were a target of defenses in your past club, now there are so much targets at City, you're allowed more leeway. City signs defenders, they don't perform up to Pep's standards and rather than work through the growing pains, they are immediately turned into squad rotational players. Look at John Stones for example.

Mane was considered to be raw talent since his days at Salzburg. Most clubs were looking at him(tottenham, Bayern, Liverpool etc). He's raw talent in a weak league, that doesn't mean if he goes to any club and play under any manager he would be Sadio Mane of today. He could have turned into Saido Berahino or Cristian Tello. Look at Martial for example. He was supposed to be the crown Jewel for Frances national team and then he went to United where he wasn't developed. Played under varying managers and turned into a squad rotational piece. Now, he's lucky if he gets called up to the national team.

Salah, was getting goals, but Klopp has taken him to another level. Made him much more versatile. One would be blind to not see that his game hasn't gone up a notch under Klopp. It's even translated over into his play for the national team. He's scoring more goals for country.

Last edited:
I'm liking that Conte is giving Sessegnon a lot of burn and Emerson Royal has been balling out for yall. 2 matches away from a well deserved Champions League spot too. Conte definitely deserved another chance in the Prem and he's been working wonders with that back 3.

I feel like the Spurs have been such a broken team but somehow Conte's been patching everything up with next to nothing :lol: but it helps having Sonny and Kane carry the scoring load.

I'm surprised you still faithfully grinding FUT. I gave up after like FIFA 20. I havent made a FIFA thread after I think. Is there still a ton of momentum and scripting in next gen? I also feel like the promos and cards got extremely repetitive especially the players they choose for each promo.
Tbh I only grinded the first few months and that was about it. I lowkey find hustling on the transfer market the best thing about Fifa. I got a few million coins by January and have mostly been living off that to play a match here and there. No fifa points either, EA was forced to remove the ability to buy packs here due to Belgium’s gambling laws.
Around 1.8m coins did come from getting lucky enough to pack a 94 Garrincha icon :lol: So in the end around half of it was pure luck

:lol: at Klopp "developing" that club. Liverpool went from midtable 8th place in the Prem to Champions League finalists in 3 years.

Sounds like some good development was involved here if you ask me :lol:

I’m not going to read endless revisionist history, but City have the highest net spend since Pep began
managing them in 2016. Oh and they’ll be adding Haaland to it. I still give props to Pep, but more props to Klopp who isn’t afforded the same budget and also has won a CL. City was winning EPLs before Pep, Liverpool was in an embarrassing drought pre-Klopp.

Pep also has way more depth because all his flops turn into solid squad/rotation players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom