⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
The obvious replacement for what he offers in attack would probably be Grealish but you can't really find another MF that showcases his combination of creativity and skill in attack to go along with a real solid defensive game. He's been doing it all lately contributing consistently in defense while also linking the play into attack with ease. You won't find that unless you bring in a stud DM along with a Grealish.
42FF5E13-9E00-419A-8BA7-0EDC44377266.png
C’mon famb

How you feeling about Tony Marshall? Time to move on?

42FF5E13-9E00-419A-8BA7-0EDC44377266.png
C’mon famb

How you feeling about Tony Marshall? Time to move on?
Hey I'm just going off what I've seen since Raiola spoke up and he's gotten back to full fitness after getting covid like Ole mentioned :lol:. Been looking like his France self doing the gritty work in the other end of the pitch as much as helping in attack. Just check his heat maps and defensive stats over the last month or so.

Weird timing wondering about moving on given the teams place in the league even with the inconsistent finishing :lol:. He's still a big part in attack with his link up play even when he's not scoring which is reflected by his assist numbers during the squads recent run of form and the other attackers and mids.

I stuck by Rash when he was in trash form in the 2nd half of last season after lighting it up in the first half, I'll stick with Tone now when the team's in 1st place even with him not at his best yet during the first half :lol:.

Not fickle like that fam, especially not with dudes with talent. Might be different after the full season plays out but rn I'm not angling to get rid of anyone just yet when the squad's currently on the longest unbeaten run in the league so far.

So I was thinking...does Ole start Pogba vs Pool? I would think he’s undroppable right now. I wonder if he goes with a 4-4-2 diamond midfield again or 4-2-3-1 with Fred or McTom instead of Matic? I personally think he should go 4-4-2 with Rash and El Matador up top. Martial needs to be dropped.

Hey I'm just going off what I've seen since Raiola spoke up and he's gotten back to full fitness after getting covid like Ole mentioned :lol:. Been looking like his France self doing the gritty work in the other end of the pitch as much as helping in attack. Just check his heat maps and defensive stats over the last month or so.

Weird timing wondering about moving on given the teams place in the league even with the inconsistent finishing :lol:. He's still a big part in attack with his link up play even when he's not scoring which is reflected by his assist numbers during the squads recent run of form and the other attackers and mids.

I stuck by Rash when he was in trash form in the 2nd half of last season after lighting it up in the first half, I'll stick with Tone now when the team's in 1st place even with him not at his best yet during the first half :lol:.

Not fickle like that fam, especially not with dudes with talent. Might be different after the full season plays out but rn I'm not angling to get rid of anyone just yet when the squad's currently on the longest unbeaten run in the league so far.

Pogba a weird dude. He has definitely been playing better since the fat man came out with his bs. A month of good form ain’t changing my opinion of him defensively though.

Tony is your avy so thought I’d ask you about him :lol:

His general play is decent to good most games but I’ve seen enough of him to say that he’s a scorer of great goals not a great goal scorer. I’m not tripping on it since like you said we’re in first but it is a topic on some boards. Just hope it doesn’t cost us like it did last year against Sevilla.

Brighton gave us quite the game there.

did good to hold to the three points but should’ve put the game Away sooner with better finishing

It would be stupid for United to go after Grealish when they already have Bruno. Go after a defender, or a CDM, or a Striker (so many positions to fill).

But United do stupid things and I fully expect them to pay €100 million for the new English White hope.

Bayern just lost against some third division German team in the German Cup. They’re knocked out. Second loss in a week. :wow:

2nd division, but still. Bayern are so bad right now. Their first goal shouldn't have counted. Then they let in an equalizer in 90 +5. They should be extremely embarrassed, it seems like they think they can just trot out and win any game based off talent alone. I haven't seen effort from in the past month +.

Pogba a weird dude. He has definitely been playing better since the fat man came out with his bs. A month of good form ain’t changing my opinion of him defensively though.

Tony is your avy so thought I’d ask you about him :lol:

His general play is decent to good most games but I’ve seen enough of him to say that he’s a scorer of great goals not a great goal scorer. I’m not tripping on it since like you said we’re in first but it is a topic on some boards. Just hope it doesn’t cost us like it did last year against Sevilla.
Think he needs the right motivation to get the best out of him consistently, like he said post game, he's happy when he wins :lol:

It can be annoying as a fan but its also understandable when we've had many of the same complaints about the squad that he had in the past. It's like when Wazza handed a transfer request under Fergie when he saw the squad starting to fall behind and was happy to reup once the team was fulfilling his ambitions. I don't blame top players for wanting to compete for things especially as they get older.

Just would be real sweet having him help lead a title charge after all the bs over the years.

For Tone I still think he offers a lot but just been slow getting back to his finishing this season coming off a career year last season. Happens sometimes but the fact that it hasn't hindered the squad form wise that much bodes well for later on in the season when him and Mase find their finishing again...

Having Cavani to potentially pick up the slack at times has been a huge plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom