⚽️The Footy Thread: Chelsea v United, Nurnberg v BVB, Roma v Bologna, Huesca v Bilbao

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by mastamind89, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Beans

Beans formerly beans718

That giggys bro Ad is hilarious. Credit to him for taking the piss out of a bad situation.

Hearing Barca fans complain as their team sits top of the table and has an abundance of talent at their disposal with seemingly more waiting in the wings to join is a great way to start my week.

2. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

One correction though is Bilbao is not the "capital" of Basque country, it's Vitoria-Gasteiz. Not sure how they got that wrong.

They need to reconfigure the midfield badly.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    MetalMario, jape and layziegunts like this.
  3. nomadicsole21

nomadicsole21

I'm gonna have to add Piatek as well. Guy been on fire even after his move to AC Milan.

Never thought I'd see the time Aguero is considered the best ST even if its temporary. He deserves it in the highest praise. Hes been top level for 5+ years, always been overshadowed by Falcao, Rooney, Ibra, Lewandowski, Suarez, Griezzman, and even Harry Kane at times.

4. jape

jape

DoubleH, noskey, josh4523 and 3 others like this.
  5. sfc415

sfc415

I think its more about those fans being worried about the CL rather than La Liga. On paper, there's no way they should've lost to Roma last year, so they're afraid that poor management could cost them again if Messi isn't able to pull off any miracle goals and assists

jape likes this.
  6. Beans

Beans formerly beans718

Yeah that was my best attempt at wind merchant on a Monday morning

jape likes this.
  7. jape

jape

I’m just tired of seeing so boring ***** football. So inconsistent with valverdes lineups and style of play. Terrible man management. He picks his team to not lose and hopes Messi can perform miracles every week (which he does).

Raki and Vidal in midfield together with busquets is not a barca style midfield. It reeks of defensive reactionary football. Valverde fixed his mistake by adding in Alena but then it was way too late.

Malcom has the game of his career against the biggest opponent in the world then he gets zero minutes against Bilbao.

Suarez literally saying in the post match interview he is fatigued (and def looked fatigued he was toothless). Yet he plays a full 90 with Prince on the bench who we bought for this specific reason.

How does valverde fix this?
    Subs in a CB for another CB late in the game when we have Bilbao on the ropes and need a goal cause he’s scared lenglet will pick up a 2nd yellow.

I think we had 2 shots on goal. Absolutely shameful

8. sfc415

sfc415

Yeah, his management is baffling to me. I don't think any of the young/about to hit their prime players have a chance to do well under him. That's why when they signed Frenkie de Jong, my reaction was more like "let's see how he does" rather than "oh @@$@ , they got him!"

Beans likes this.
  9. Verde Shuttles

Verde Shuttles

Why is Messi even playing, its clear he's not himself with the thigh issue why risk it, you have the points cushion, even if you lose at Bilbao nobody will kill you for not playing Messi, but to play him and have a performance like you open yourself to all the criticism

jape and ModernMoses like this.
  10. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

I love the Parthenon analogy. :lol:

Very good post about a forgotten piece of history.

This was also a great post about the Scot.
    https://www.tifofootball.com/features/alexander-watson-hutton-the-founder-of-argentinian-football/

For the readers in here, this is a great book on Argentine footy. I know about him because my son's technical one on one coach is a Scot & we used to talk footy history all the time before & after training. We've even met with beers & lunch several times to watch matches. He's a life long Pool fan.
    [​IMG]

josh4523 and Bantz Lord T like this.
  11. jape

jape

who's gonna get nicolas pepe?

12. Kimchi Papi

Kimchi Papi

Pepe is way overrated... He can def score & dribble but he can pass/cross for ish... If he goes to a bigger team he's going to be immediately exposed for that...

13. Verde Shuttles

Verde Shuttles

I think whether Hazard & CHO are leaving or staying will have a domino effect on where other players go.

14. jape

jape

at least frenkie is for the future. barca just need a manager to inspire again.
    lucho did that. valverde doesn't. id take beautiful football over anything tbh. i want quique or sarri. idc idc

but barca have a great post messi/busquets core.
    umtiti, lenglet, semedo, arthur, alena, de jong, coutinho, dembele, malcom
    just need a mendy, a striker, and CB but maybe todibo can be that for barca
    thats a squad

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  15. jape

jape

i'd take your word for it. you think he's good where he's at?

16. 8pm at msg

8pm at msg

Kante, Rudiger, Azpi, RLC, CHO (too late though), Ampadu, Higuain, Christensen and Kepa can stay.

Everyone else should leave. The effort isn’t there.

swerve likes this.
  17. vtotheinay

vtotheinay

CHO is definitely gone. We signed a young striker last week Janne-Fiete Arp and within a couple hours of the official announcement CHO started following him on IG :lol:

Belgium and flyeed like this.
  18. Verde Shuttles

Verde Shuttles

If you're keeping Sarri, its not all bad, you should have a lot of money to work with if you do sell Hazard, CHO, Willian, Pedro, Alonso, I think you should sell Kante if you're not gonna play him at his position

That's a decent amount of money to start rebuilding the team with

swerve likes this.
  19. jape

jape

i like where kante plays now. he shuts down that whole side. he's not offensively gifted enough to be a lone pivot imo.
    but chelsea can't sell kante. he's the 1st player you keep.

20. Verde Shuttles

Verde Shuttles

Yeah but you got Jorginho (50+ million transfer fee) behind him, who's a turn style, Sarri won't play them in a double pivot

You could have got Ndombele who's a much better player for that price

21. Belgium

Belgium formerly colombia

Spurs offered around 45m for Ndombele last summer but Aulas refused. He initially seemed open to the offer but then deemed it "insufficient" and talks stalled.

22. jape

jape

Sounds like he got other offers. Probably more money. 45 is low for ndombele.

23. noskey

noskey

Lmfao Ramsey's deal with Juve is supposedly £400K per week, according to the Ornacle. Hopefully this is before tax.

24. Verde Shuttles

Verde Shuttles

it is before tax, everything Italian is always published before tax

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM
    noskey likes this.
  25. Beans

Beans formerly beans718

Spurs actually tried to buy someone. Crazy