⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions league this week
just+hook+it+to+my+veins.gif

Aguero :pimp: :pimp: stay healthy please
City are a different team with KDB. People give David Silva a lot of credit which he deserves but KDBs ability to break an entire defense with one pass is masterful. And he still doesn't even look like he is in top form yet.

Maybe this will be a turning point for Sarri. Idc how much you love Jorginho but Kante is the best holding mid in the world....put him there already.

jape jape , you waay late to the party buddy. :lol:

In other team news. If true, does Barca negotiate with Befica or Eintracht Frankfurt? Not sure how I feel about this one. I've watched him play quite a bit. He can finish well, better than most 19-21 yr olds, but his hold up play is meh... He's such a stark contrast from a "Barca striker". He's a dramatic departure from what hannibal does. Hate giving the biting *** racist mother ****** praise but when he's in form, he's a complete striker. We'll see how this rumor develops.

Last edited:
Ole should get at least another year as the gaffer regardless how the team finishes the end of the campaign. How many games did the dotard have to get the team into the top 4 & fail miserably? How many games did it take Ole?

Schedule for this week. Don't think Frenkie will play this leg of the CL vs Los Blancos due to injury.

Monday, February 11
3:00 pm ET - Alaves vs. Levante (LaLiga), beIN SPORTS, beIN SPORTS en Español, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports
3:00 pm ET - Wolves vs. Newcastle (Premier League), NBCSN, fuboTV, Sling Blue, PlayStation Vue

Tuesday, February 12
12:55 pm ET - Fenerbahce vs. Zenit (Europa League), B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Man United vs. PSG (Champions League), TNT, UniMas, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Roma vs. Porto (Champions League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - West Brom vs. Nottingham Forest (Championship), ESPN+

Wednesday, February 13
2:45 pm ET - Brentford vs. Aston Villa (Championship), ESPN+
3:00 pm ET - Ajax vs. Real Madrid (Champions League), UniMas, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Spurs vs. Dortmund (Champions League), TNT, Galavision, fuboTV, PlayStation Vue, B/R Live
6:30 pm ET - Sao Paulo vs. Talleres (Copa Libertadores), beIN SPORTS, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports

Lyon want 40 for mendy. Do it.
Bring in jovic and a cb and our summer is a great one

That giggys bro Ad is hilarious. Credit to him for taking the piss out of a bad situation.

Hearing Barca fans complain as their team sits top of the table and has an abundance of talent at their disposal with seemingly more waiting in the wings to join is a great way to start my week.

Is Sergio Aguero the best striker in the world at the moment?
I'm gonna have to add Piatek as well. Guy been on fire even after his move to AC Milan.

Never thought I'd see the time Aguero is considered the best ST even if its temporary. He deserves it in the highest praise. Hes been top level for 5+ years, always been overshadowed by Falcao, Rooney, Ibra, Lewandowski, Suarez, Griezzman, and even Harry Kane at times.

That giggys bro Ad is hilarious. Credit to him for taking the piss out of a bad situation.

Hearing Barca fans complain as their team sits top of the table and has an abundance of talent at their disposal with seemingly more waiting in the wings to join is a great way to start my week.

I think its more about those fans being worried about the CL rather than La Liga. On paper, there's no way they should've lost to Roma last year, so they're afraid that poor management could cost them again if Messi isn't able to pull off any miracle goals and assists

I think its more about those fans being worried about the CL rather than La Liga. On paper, there's no way they should've lost to Roma last year, so they're afraid that poor management could cost them again if Messi isn't able to pull off any miracle goals and assists
I’m just tired of seeing so boring ***** football. So inconsistent with valverdes lineups and style of play. Terrible man management. He picks his team to not lose and hopes Messi can perform miracles every week (which he does).

Raki and Vidal in midfield together with busquets is not a barca style midfield. It reeks of defensive reactionary football. Valverde fixed his mistake by adding in Alena but then it was way too late.

Malcom has the game of his career against the biggest opponent in the world then he gets zero minutes against Bilbao.

Suarez literally saying in the post match interview he is fatigued (and def looked fatigued he was toothless). Yet he plays a full 90 with Prince on the bench who we bought for this specific reason.

How does valverde fix this?
Subs in a CB for another CB late in the game when we have Bilbao on the ropes and need a goal cause he’s scared lenglet will pick up a 2nd yellow.

I think we had 2 shots on goal. Absolutely shameful

I’m just tired of seeing so boring ***** football. So inconsistent with valverdes lineups and style of play. Terrible man management. He picks his team to not lose and hopes Messi can perform miracles every week (which he does).

Raki and Vidal in midfield together with busquets is not a barca style midfield. It reeks of defensive reactionary football. Valverde fixed his mistake by adding in Alena but then it was way too late.

Malcom has the game of his career against the biggest opponent in the world then he gets zero minutes against Bilbao.

Suarez literally saying in the post match interview he is fatigued (and def looked fatigued he was toothless). Yet he plays a full 90 with Prince on the bench who we bought for this specific reason.

How does valverde fix this?
Subs in vermalaen for lenglet late in the game when we have Bilbao on the ropes and need a goal cause he’s scared lebglet will pick up a 2nd yellow.

I think we had 2 shots on goal. Absolutely shameful

Yeah, his management is baffling to me. I don't think any of the young/about to hit their prime players have a chance to do well under him. That's why when they signed Frenkie de Jong, my reaction was more like "let's see how he does" rather than "oh @@$@ , they got him!"

Why is Messi even playing, its clear he's not himself with the thigh issue why risk it, you have the points cushion, even if you lose at Bilbao nobody will kill you for not playing Messi, but to play him and have a performance like you open yourself to all the criticism

I love the Parthenon analogy. :lol:

Very good post about a forgotten piece of history.

This was also a great post about the Scot.
https://www.tifofootball.com/features/alexander-watson-hutton-the-founder-of-argentinian-football/

For the readers in here, this is a great book on Argentine footy. I know about him because my son's technical one on one coach is a Scot & we used to talk footy history all the time before & after training. We've even met with beers & lunch several times to watch matches. He's a life long Pool fan.
25351718.jpg

Pepe is way overrated... He can def score & dribble but he can pass/cross for ish... If he goes to a bigger team he's going to be immediately exposed for that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom