⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined Jul 30, 2011
Dudes in here puffin’ they chests now. :rofl:

I mean as crap as Serie A has been the last several yes they moved to 2nd place for a short bit earlier this campaign & look how close they are to the Prem.

Talmbout best league... :smh: Come back when the league takes the #1 spot after the 5 yr scale those pts are based on.

Joined Jul 3, 2018
Dudes in here puffin’ they chests now. :rofl:

I mean as crap as Serie A has been the last several yes they moved to 2nd place for a short bit earlier this campaign & look how close they are to the Prem.
Serie A? You serious bro?

Stop looking at coefficients and start looking at what is happening right in front of you. Serie A probably won't have any teams in the QF of the UCL. Juve, who is down 0-2 on aggregate, is their only hope. If all goes well, La Liga will have 2 clubs max. But then again, with the way things have been going this tourney it's possible that they're left with none. Da Prem, on the other hand, already has two teams in the QF. One beat the league leaders in France and the other beat the league leaders in Germany. Keep in mind that these are the 3rd and 4th placed teams in England. Next week, it is very possible (and I would say probable) that two more English clubs will join them in the QF. This would mean that half of the remaining field is from da Prem.

So yeah, miss me with those rankings. Do you even know how they're calculated?

Joined Jul 30, 2011
No I know very very well how they are calculated but that last sentence of yours shows clearly that you don’t.

Joined Jul 3, 2018
No I know very very well how they are calculated but that last sentence of yours shows clearly that you don’t.
I have access to the Internet just like you, this isn't exactly top secret information:
The ranking below takes into account of each association's performance in European competitions from 2014–15 to 2018–19, with the 2018–19 season currently taking place.
Everyone knows that Emery's Sevilla and Zidane's Real Madrid dominated the two major European competitions during that time span. Where are those clubs now though? I'm talking about the present old man.

Joined Feb 2, 2014
I thought it was psk who said it wasn’t a farmers league

He also said de ligt tackled like a prom queen
Yet every top club wants him and he just captained Ajax to beat Madrid in the champions league at 19

He also said Barca should sell dembele and Malcom was better

And flyeed is a MAGA deplorable :lol:

Joined Feb 24, 2013
I forgot why I even used that “can’t call it a farmers league.” I think it was because Lyon held their own against Barca, or because some other French side did well. Idk, I don’t remember.

I like the prem, I truly do. I watch united play whenever I can. But I don’t like this idea that a lot of the mid table prem teams could finish top 4/win other leagues titles. It’s not something that is said in here, but moreso what I read on Twitter, or hear from people in real life.

Everton is not playing a full la liga/serie a/bundesliga schedule and winning the league. I refuse to believe that lol

This type of rhetoric is stupid to me, considering that in European play, Spainish clubs have been the most dominant.

And yes Trey, the prem has played acceptionally well in the CL this season, better than any league. But where was this over the past 6-7 seasons with the exception of Liverpool making the final last season?

Beans

formerly beans718
Joined Apr 6, 2003
Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi i agree with trey, you ignoring the current standing of the leagues. Your stats are dated. But what do you expect? The best managers in the world (most) have all taken their talents to England. Makes sense that the quality of football has increased as a result.

Beans

formerly beans718
Joined Apr 6, 2003
I forgot why I even used that “can’t call it a farmers league.” I think it was because Lyon held their own against Barca, or because some other French side did well. Idk, I don’t remember.

I like the prem, I truly do. I watch united play whenever I can. But I don’t like this idea that a lot of the mid table prem teams could finish top 4/win other leagues titles. It’s not something that is said in here, but moreso what I read on Twitter, or hear from people in real life.

Everton is not playing a full la liga/serie a/bundesliga schedule and winning the league. I refuse to believe that lol

This type of rhetoric is stupid to me, considering that in European play, Spainish clubs have been the most dominant.

And yes Trey, the prem has played acceptionally well in the CL this season, better than any league. But where was this over the past 6-7 years, with the exception of Liverpool making the final last season?
You said it after psg won at Old Trafford. Even though at the time, one was top of their league and the other was in either 5 or 6

Joined Feb 24, 2013
Word.

And given the context, since having Ole take over the club, United has been the best side in England. The W-L-D column reflects that. They were 5th or 6th at the time because of all the turmoil under Mourinho and trying to makeup the gap.

Joined Jul 10, 2006
I hope we can notch a couple goals within the hour of the match so we can take auba and mkhi off early to rest them for sunday. Would be nice to get Nketiah some burn and suarez some minutes too

Joined Sep 22, 2008
It's a shame how injuries set him back so much, I really wanted to see him in Germany. I think he can do better than the MLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom