⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On this day 4 years ago, Liverpool signed Jurgen Klopp

Props to Klopp on actually delivering. Not every manager succeeds when transitioning to a different league/bigger club. Without him you wonder where Liverpool would be in the table right now, seems like they were on the wrong end of bantz not too long ago. Whoever is acquiring players for them has also been crushing it, well-managed club over the last years all-around and it shows in the form of CL success.

Props to Klopp on actually delivering. Not every manager succeeds when transitioning to a different league/bigger club. Without him you wonder where Liverpool would be in the table right now, seems like they were on the wrong end of bantz not too long ago. Whoever is acquiring players for them has also been crushing it, well-managed club over the last years all-around and it shows in the form of CL success.

good article on their analytics department

raheem's gq photoshoot is trash
had the opportunity to do something dope ..instead they made him look like sus sisqo 2.0
man didn't put one shirt on :smh:

Last edited:
18ee65dbfdff3bca0854f90a4d56485f.png

Everything about US footy is absolute trash

mls is a disgrace to world football
Woah woah woah woah lets not equate the MLS with US Soccer Federation. MLS is doing bad enough on their own off the field (banning the iron front most notably), but USSF is a straight up xenophobic clown show run by incompetent garbage people.

MLS at least is attracting quality players now.

Best manager in the world for me. He’s done it at two underdog clubs who are consistently outspent by other clubs.

Best manager in the world for me. He’s done it at two underdog clubs who are consistently outspent by other clubs.

As I made the post I was wondering if he was the best. It’s gotta be him and Pep at the top right? I’d give Klopp the slight edge for consistently overachieving in Europe, and a more versatile style.

It feels a bit disrespectful to not include Zidane after the threepeat (dude has yet to be eliminated from a CL which is absurd, and let’s not forget that back to back even was unprecedented in the CL era) but I think he was more just the absolute perfect guy for that specific group. He’s not a Pep or Klopp who’s going to stamp his playing style on a team with clear direction and identity though. I’d put him in tier 2 with the likes of Poch, Simeone, and a host of others.

I’m interested in seeing manager tiers from you guys. I don’t watch other clubs enough to give a solid opinion :lol:

But Klopp got to spend tons more in Liverpool than in Dortmund tho. That Coutinho sale basically got VVD and Allison for Liverpool. In retrospect, Barcelona gave Liverpool the UCL title not once but twice. They turned them into a powerhouse by buying Coutinho and gave up a 3-0 lead in a semifinals.

I love his style of play but he is very adamant and stubborn like Pep when things dont go his way on the pitch. He let the title slip away last season, if the roles were reversed we wouldnt hear the end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom