⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone been tracking Fabian Ruiz? Apparently Barca and Real are both interested.
He’s been great this season and have been somewhat following him but have only seen a couple of games.

And the rumors really started flying when busquets said that him and frenkie were going to be the best midfielders in the world
it’s hard to gauge if both squads are really interested or it’s the media latching on to a story

After some very feisty tackles Sunday..... we’re all FRIENDS AGAIN :lol:

1570641383112.jpeg

As I made the post I was wondering if he was the best. It’s gotta be him and Pep at the top right? I’d give Klopp the slight edge for consistently overachieving in Europe, and a more versatile style.

It feels a bit disrespectful to not include Zidane after the threepeat (dude has yet to be eliminated from a CL which is absurd, and let’s not forget that back to back even was unprecedented in the CL era) but I think he was more just the absolute perfect guy for that specific group. He’s not a Pep or Klopp who’s going to stamp his playing style on a team with clear direction and identity though. I’d put him in tier 2 with the likes of Poch, Simeone, and a host of others.

I’m interested in seeing manager tiers from you guys. I don’t watch other clubs enough to give a solid opinion :lol:
But Klopp got to spend tons more in Liverpool than in Dortmund tho. That Coutinho sale basically got VVD and Allison for Liverpool. In retrospect, Barcelona gave Liverpool the UCL title not once but twice. They turned them into a powerhouse by buying Coutinho and gave up a 3-0 lead in a semifinals.

I love his style of play but he is very adamant and stubborn like Pep when things dont go his way on the pitch. He let the title slip away last season, if the roles were reversed we wouldnt hear the end it.

We would would have purchased Virgil regardless if we sold Coutinho, however, I don't think we would have purchased Allison without the sale of Countinho. Witht hat said, Klopps style of play is want defeats the keep away footy that many of these big teams like to play. While I may be annoyed with some of his lineup's at times, I can live with it(for now) as long as we get results. Plus, Klopp had to be flexible when coming into Liverpool. When he initially started out, he had to play with lineups, formations etc whereas Pep came into City with a team where most of the players have been playing with each other for quite sometime and already had that Chemistry. Plus he had the financial backing to purchase players and plug them in and out the lineup at will and then move them during the summer if he wasn't feeling them anymore. Circumstances may have been similar in some aspects, but they were also very different.

Germany back? :emoji_eyes: Up 2-0 early against Argentina. Great skill from Gnabry to score the first and a great ball to Havertz for the second. Preview of the future link up in Bayern

Bruh....this dude Rafael Leão is probably the bargain of the transfer window. He’s surprisingly impressed me, had no idea how good he was.

Piantik got subbed off at half time and Leão made an immediate impact this past weekend, leading Milan to a win against Genoa. It’s hard to impress me man but Rafael has done so so far. All Milan fans are super hyped and want to build the team around him, they’re already ready to let Piantik go.

Leão is 6’3, strong, fast, athletic, great control, great dribbler, aerial threat and poacher in the box, good passer, and his movement off the ball is so smart. Plus he plays with such poise man, makes it look so effortless.

He didn’t make the National Team squad this time but mark my words, he will absolutely make the Portugal squad next international break.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom