⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny scenario is Poch stays year or several & United hire someone else that's a failure but Poch will be hired by another team...

That means Frenkie is out...
2awu465.gif

I'm just extremely confused about what Barcelona see in Rabiot of all people :lol: Can't think of a single time I've seen him play and think "This guy needs to be the part of the new generation of elite Barca midfielders"

Well I mean...half the players Barca have signed in recent years make no sense. So I guess this is just continuing that trend

I thought they would have fired him after the Arsenal loss, I'm surprised he made it this far. Any big club that hires him after this is stupid
Arsenal loss? When did that happen?
The funny scenario is Poch stays year or several & United hire someone else that's a failure but Poch will be hired by another team...

That means Frenkie is out...
2awu465.gif
Good.. glad you finally getting back some of that karma you slangin in here :pimp:

I'm just extremely confused about what Barcelona see in Rabiot of all people :lol: Can't think of a single time I've seen him play and think "This guy needs to be the part of the new generation of elite Barca midfielders"

Well I mean...half the players Barca have signed in recent years make no sense. So I guess this is just continuing that trend
It looks like the club is having money issues. Some of it maybe due to the Camp Nou renovations. They’re trying to buy a lot of these players for cheap hoping they turn into a diamond... As I’ve said before, I’ll proly stop watching/following the team for a while. This team is run so badly...

im not addressing the rabiot **** cause i don't want to ruin my day

EDIT: **** rabiot and overmars just came out and said barcelona are leading the race for the 2 dutch boys. so ima keep on keeping on. i still got hope

on a better note.
its happening!!!!!

This is what I can find from last year, sucks you can’t quote from that far back. At one point I even say this isn’t about Morata v Lukaku :lol:
855DE053-06BA-4B2C-AFBD-377D9A707F83.jpeg
280183CB-00F6-4EFB-9C3C-0B7BF88FDE1F.jpeg
7B1F179B-5896-45C6-8AB4-E3DB520E19A8.jpeg

Tactics, system and team form play a part in it yes, he for sure doesn’t get the same service a Kun Aguero or Firmino gets. The problem is that when he does get on the ball his skills let him down. See below for what happens when the ball comes to feet.

And this isn’t a one off, it’s been like that all year. The rare times the ball is actually served on a platter this happens.

I just think he’s static, heard the same during his time at Everton. When Rashford is played in the same position it’s night and day. The athleticism you mentioned last year as his saving grace seems to have diminished. Dude bulked up for the World Cup and doesn’t look nearly as fast as he did last season. He genuinely looks gassed by the 30 min mark each match.

For the record I did want Morata over Lukaku :lol: We’ll see how he gets on for the rest of the season.

Anyone not named Lionel Messi can look like an *** if you compile all of their bad touches from a game into one video, or cherry pick an egregious miss. :lol:

This was my response to that post, emphasis mine just now
I guess the question begs, is Morata an elite striker?

If he is, is Lukaku not?

I cant rock with a tone of Lukaku being some donkey footed oaf.

Throughout his career what he's lacked in truly world class technique, he's made up for 10x with superior athleticism and IQ.

Morata and Lukaku are very different players. If it were my money I'd neee serious hours of film study to see who would ultimately be of more value to my desired system.

But Lukaku is straight up more experienced and more seasoned than Morata, and has a higher rate of production.

As I alluded to earlier, it is interesting that Morata is not only averaging more miscontrols per 90 minutes than Lukaku, he's also missed significantly more "big chances" in the EPL this season despite playing less.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Liverpool game last night and then had it on in the back round. Lukaku was working his *** off for Mo defensively and definitely had some positive movement to create space for himself and others in possession. He's looking too heavy and not as mobile though, I'll give you that.

Overall I think Lukaku is just an easy scape goat for a poor offensive system in which all players seem to be underperforming.

Listening to Fulltimedevils talk about the Jose situation, and son really just came out the side of his neck and said that he'd rather have Poch over Zidane because despite winning 3 consecutive CL titles in a row, what Poch has done is more impressive because winning the league is harder than winning hte CL?

U3NbZJz.gif

Really?

tumblr_mj2y7vMWbc1rwlmvzo4_400.gif

REALLY?

The Poch hype is full steam. All it took was for son to take Spurs to 3rd place and now he's some sort of elite European manager? What exactly has son done to have cats rating him higher than Zidane? ****** forgot Zidane won 3 CL titles in a row AND won the double in 2017?

The disrespect gotta stop. Mans only truly rating Poch because Zidane ain't going to United. Stop the nonsense :lol: mans not that hot. He's doing great at Tottenham, but lets be serious... If Zidane announced his interest in the job, Poch wouldn't be in the back of ANYONE'S mind for the job. Yeah he's better than Southgate, Allardyce, Moyes, etc. But ****** off they damn heads if they rate Poch above Zidane.

Ask Pep Guardiola how much harder winning the PL is than the CL...

I lowkey get the guys point though. I don’t rate Poch over Zidane. But in general I do think league performances are very important and show more consistency and a better tell of where your team is at compared to cup runs. That being said what Real did was unprecedented considering they won the UCL 3 times in a row so I think they are the exception and are clearly one of the best squads we will ever see.

I lowkey get the guys point though. I don’t rate Poch over Zidane. But in general I do think league performances are very important and show more consistency and a better tell of where your team is at compared to cup runs.
zizzou said this exact same thing though

but i agree with prime about the poch hype. i just don't see it. i never did

I lowkey get the guys point though. I don’t rate Poch over Zidane. But in general I do think league performances are very important and show more consistency and a better tell of where your team is at compared to cup runs.

Yeah, but Poch ain't won anything tho... Zidane has won both in the same season

I get how you have much more time to analyze and scout teams that you won't be playing for weeks-months in advance, but to compare a manager who hasn't won anything, to one who's just won the highest trophies in world football is ridiculous.

And on top of that Zidane has won La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom