⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Fulltimedevils talk about the Jose situation, and son really just came out the side of his neck and said that he'd rather have Poch over Zidane because despite winning 3 consecutive CL titles in a row, what Poch has done is more impressive because winning the league is harder than winning hte CL?

U3NbZJz.gif

Really?

tumblr_mj2y7vMWbc1rwlmvzo4_400.gif

REALLY?

The Poch hype is full steam. All it took was for son to take Spurs to 3rd place and now he's some sort of elite European manager? What exactly has son done to have cats rating him higher than Zidane? *****s forgot Zidane won 3 CL titles in a row AND won the double in 2017?

The disrespect gotta stop. Mans only truly rating Poch because Zidane ain't going to United. Stop the nonsense :lol: mans not that hot. He's doing great at Tottenham, but lets be serious... If Zidane announced his interest in the job, Poch wouldn't be in the back of ANYONE'S mind for the job. Yeah he's better than Southgate, Allardyce, Moyes, etc. But *****s off they damn heads if they rate Poch above Zidane.

Ask Pep Guardiola how much harder winning the PL is than the CL...

Zizou's strength is his impeccable man management, Poch's strength is his formidable player development skills. Damn near everyone who's played under him at Spurs has improved and have become much better players than before he came.

It's a true testament to his management that he's been able to have Spurs be consistently competitive in the league and breaking new ground in Europe without having to splurge in the transfer market mainly off the strength of him developing the talent at his disposal. I'd imagine he'd build quite the formidable side with the major financial backing and capacity of a top club.

He gets a lot of respect and reverence around the league because he's brought Spurs to the big boys table without being a chequebook manager,even without a league title to his name, that's still impressive as hell.

He's also Fergie approved

sir-alex-ferguson-mauricio-pocchetino-tottenham_3464374.jpg

Don’t get me wrong I agree with that as well Zidane > Poch I was just speaking in general About league vs. cups.

Oh yeah, I dig.

just don't like when the kool-aid fans start talking all crazy. Poch is the trigger word today in all things Manchester United, so of course fans will run with it. But 5 months ago when Zidane left, everyone was begging for him to take Jose's place (on their channel at that). Now dude is acting like Poch > Zidane :lol: :smh:

zizzou said this exact same thing though

but i agree with prime about the poch hype. i just don't see it. i never did
Yea I think Zidane made a great point when he said that. Everyone wants to win the UCL but despite Zidanes unprecedented success in the competition he still acknowledges how important and performing consistent in your league is and how that’s a better tell of where your sqaud is which I think sometimes fans of the sport lose sight of. I think Zidane is a very very good manager his man management is great and he was always on point when his substitutes when I watched Real play and I think you can say his Real sqaud was a consistent great team cause winning 3 in a row is so unprecedented you gotta give props for that. BUT if I was United (which thank God im not) Reals league performances outside of the one year they won it would concern me.

Last edited:
Zizou isn't the best tactics guy but had some moments when he looked brillant, and was improving, saw some formations from him last season that we never played in before. His substitutions improved vastly from that first half year, he used to wait until the 80th minute to make a sub. Under Zidane we became the most domaint midfield in the world.

Armada Armada the only bad league season was last season, 15-16 we lost the league by 1 point, we closed strong, and that was after Rafa led us to a string 0-0 draws to start the season and we won in it 16-17.

Last edited:
I have the upmost respect for Zidane both a manager and a player. Winning the UCL is an impressive feat in itself. Winnings 3 in a row is ridiculous. Mans could never coach again and would have a better cv than 90% of his peers. With that being said I would absolutely want Poch before him. The things zizou brings to a team are not qualities United need at this time. Do I think makes poch better? Nah.. but I do think it makes him better suited for us at this time and I’ve been saying this for years now.

Zizou isn't the best tactics guy but had some moments when he looked brillant,

Armada Armada the only bad league season was last season, 15-16 we lost the league by 1 point, we closed strong, and that was really after Rafa led us to a string 0-0 draws to start the season and we won in it 16-17.

I forgot that was Rafa in the first half of that season. Seems forever ago now.

I agree with Beans, United need Poch more than they need Zidane right now.

The one thing Rafa did do that season was establish some actually pride in our defending, plus Navas was in form for like 90% of the season.

Solari has some of that, we strangely have only allowed 3 goals at home in league.

Feeling better about this French gomes rumor. A very reliable Spainish writer shot it down.

MD reiterated there is no deal & went even further to say the club has no plans to sign him. Hard to know how to take their reporting. Ordinarily I wouldn’t believe them but bart is very close to the editor in chief of the fish paper & the CEO of the publisher...

Lord plz plz plz let this be a nasty click bait rumor...
giphy.gif

To quote one of the dudes from FilthyFellas. Zidane is the guy you get when you knocking on the door. United are asleep in their bed still hitting snooze.

No way Zizou manages in this situation. Keep the foul stank of loser off him. Zizou is the type of manager you get when you’re knocking on the door and need to take that final step. Man U are still at home hitting the snooze buttton.

:nerd:

Zizou's strength is his impeccable man management, Poch's strength is his formidable player development skills. Damn near everyone who's played under him at Spurs has improved and have become much better players than before he came.

It's a true testament to his management that he's been able to have Spurs be consistently competitive in the league and breaking new ground in Europe without having to splurge in the transfer market mainly off the strength of him developing the talent at his disposal. I'd imagine he'd build quite the formidable side with the major financial backing and capacity of a top club.

He gets a lot of respect and reverence around the league because he's brought Spurs to the big boys table without being a chequebook manager,even without a league title to his name, that's still impressive as hell.

He's also Fergie approved

sir-alex-ferguson-mauricio-pocchetino-tottenham_3464374.jpg

Definitely, no doubt he's respected. And if he becomes the United manager, I wouldnt' be upset, and you're right his player development skills are top notch.

I just can't get with mans talking like he preferred Poch over Zidane like a few months ago that same channel was begging for Zidane. Zidane thumbnails and video titles.

What poch has done is definitely great, but imo what Zidane did was even better. We never saw Zidane's player development skills because Madrid didn't really have a squad catering to youth and development. But Asensio under Zidane was looking to have a very bright future. He scored big goals in big games and to be so young, he made impacts on a lot of matches we got to see for them. I'd imagine with time and effort, Zidane could possibly develop United's youth, and with United more so in a rebuilding stage that will give him time. He sorted Madrids locker room out, I don't doubt he could sort United's out.

BUT, despite me not jumping into the Poch hype, I by no means think he couldn't and wouldn't be a great manager for United. I like his personality, and if he can turn Rashford and Lingard into Kane and Dele, I'd definitely rate him. But for now, Zidane > Poch imo

And coming from a Youtube channel, I think their opinions are half genuine, and half just riding the echoes of bigger media takes. I think that if Zidane was in the running, or comes out in the running for the job, they'd switch gears real quick.

Plus Poch just signed a new deal. Dropping 18m on Jose and then dropping another new bag ($34m) to take Poch from Spurs? Thats a bad move imo

Last edited:
Shoutout to Jose for the two trophies, shame it didn’t work out. This should’ve happened in the summer, he’s been a dead man walking for the last 4 months. Said it during preseason, the board has sabotaged our season :smh:

Poch is definitely at the top of my list for our next manager, embodies everything the club is about. My list in order would be:

Poch
Jardim
Tedesco
Favre
2AC9CE87-00F4-4C6E-A166-48EC167899B6.png
Howe

Pay de damn ting woody

Manutd.com leaked Solskjaer in as interim manager.. and the Prime Minister of Norway tweeted congrats to him lol

Last edited:
Anyone not named Lionel Messi can look like an *** if you compile all of their bad touches from a game into one video, or cherry pick an egregious miss. :lol:

This was my response to that post, emphasis mine just now

As I alluded to earlier, it is interesting that Morata is not only averaging more miscontrols per 90 minutes than Lukaku, he's also missed significantly more "big chances" in the EPL this season despite playing less.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Liverpool game last night and then had it on in the back round. Lukaku was working his *** off for Mo defensively and definitely had some positive movement to create space for himself and others in possession. He's looking too heavy and not as mobile though, I'll give you that.

Overall I think Lukaku is just an easy scape goat for a poor offensive system in which all players seem to be underperforming.

First bit is true but doesn’t apply here because that’s every touch he had against Valencia :lol:

No scapegoating, there is blame to be spread around. Just wanted to see if your thoughts changed on him at all. Didn’t know you weren’t following this season. With Ole being our interim manager hopefully he can improve his movement and get him firing again.

With the way Jose crashes out of club, it makes me appreciate how Arsenal, despite how the football at the club ended, took care of Arsene earlier this year and sent him off properly rather than sacking him like how all of the fans wanted after ever week last year.

Obviously Wenger meant much more to Arsenal than Jose did to United, but I hope/expect to see Wenger at another class club, where as I hope Jose goes somewhere dark and far away away from a football pitch

Jose will pop up at inter

I can see either that or him going into international management, can't see another top club taking a chance on him anytime soon.

He needs to take a nice long sabbatical and do some soul searching if he wants to continue being an in demand top manager imo.

Could still see him ending up in Paris further down the road whenever Tuchel's time is up and the stench of his last few flame outs has slowly started to dissipate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom