⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to add to my **** all media stance from earlier. All these tv channels been heavy on anti-esl because they don’t want to either A) bid/pay on another league for rights. B) be stuck with useless uefa rights that no one cares about. Hence why everyone and they mama has gotten a platform to tell you how terrible esl is.. It’s always about the money they could care less about us or clubs like burnley...

I love the fact the teams took it in their own hands and wanted more say on the money. What sucks is Uefa won without having to renegotiate. At the very least they should have held on to leverage uefa. Also The fact they made it so restrictive is what didn’t sit right with me... oh also they included arsenal... **** them

UEFA needs to be more transparent with their money. I think something that got past the supporters of clubs that wanted out of the ESL is that there’s a reason that the clubs were going to be able to net such absurd figures from a similar competition, while also having that massive solidarity fund. UEFA as an intermediary seems to be taking a massive cut out of the pie.

Yes it keeps the playing field more level with non-CL clubs. But it also means that our clubs are likely not earning as much as they should be relative to what they bring in. It would have been nice if transparency could have been leveraged out of UEFA but all of that is gone now.

*if I’m wrong about the lack of transparency feel free to correct me.

UEFA needs to be more transparent with their money. I think something that got past the supporters of clubs that wanted out of the ESL is that there’s a reason that the clubs were going to be able to net such absurd figures from a similar competition, while also having that massive solidarity fund. UEFA as an intermediary seems to be taking a massive cut out of the pie.

Yes it keeps the playing field more level with non-CL clubs. But it also means that our clubs are likely not earning as much as they should be relative to what they bring in. It would have been nice if transparency could have been leveraged out of UEFA but all of that is gone now.

*if I’m wrong about the lack of transparency feel free to correct me.
You explained one of my points way better than I could

Same people celebrating because the comps are once again about merit are going to be butthurt when Arsenal gets into the CL after finishing 9th and realizing that some clubs will be “too big to fail” with the new rules.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom