⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All logic points to France winning:

They have the better team on paper (although Croatia might have the best player)
They have beaten better teams throughout the tournament
They have one day more of rest
They haven't played in extra time once during the knockout stage, whereas Croatia have played there three times (90 minutes/one full game more)

But there's just something about this Croatia team: They just keep coming back. They've been behind in all three games during the knockout stage and ended up winning. There's always a team that has an "it's their destiny to win" aura in every tournament, and it seems Croatia is that team in this tournament.

I’m watching the English narrative as we speak.... “they’re going home heroes”, “we’re so proud”, “can’t wait for future”.....

You’re a country with 60 million people with all the resources in the world who invented football, you were just knocked out to a country whose 20 years old with 4 million people. Croatian players were dribbling with grenades growing up....

You were in the easiest bracket we will ever see in our lifetime, and didn’t score a goal from open play since Panama....

G
T
F
O
H

This is a god damn joke, can’t wait for the disappointment 2 years from now...

I never want to be that guy, but ya'll do realize that France was one of the most brutal colonizers in human history right?

The fact that they have so many African and Arab players is depicted as a success story for inclusion, but to build that team many many innocent people had to suffer and die at the hands of white Frenchmen.

France are the clear favorites but anything can happen in a final we've seen it countless times. Man if France loses a Euro final to Portugal than a World Cup final to Croatia back 2 back..........

I’m watching the English narrative as we speak.... “they’re going home heroes”, “we’re so proud”, “can’t wait for future”.....

You’re a country with 60 million people with all the resources in the world who invented football, you were just knocked out to a country whose 20 years old with 4 million people. Croatian players were dribbling with grenades growing up....

You were in the easiest bracket we will ever see in our lifetime, and didn’t score a goal from open play since Panama....
This can't be right.

France are the clear favorites but anything can happen in a final we've seen it countless times. Man if France loses a Euro final to Portugal than a World Cup final to Croatia back 2 back..........

Deschamps should have his citizenship stripped

I never want to be that guy, but ya'll do realize that France was one of the most brutal colonizers in human history right?

The fact that they have so many African and Arab players is depicted as a success story for inclusion, but to build that team many many innocent people had to suffer and die at the hands of white Frenchmen.
France is still terrible...aint rooting for the country, just the brothas :pimp:

That’s exactly why so many are rooting for France. They are a team of immigrants and sons of immigrants who are not hiding their identity. They have come together with all prejudices aside to rep the shirt as one nation with no colors. No one cares about France the country just the players who make this team and the people of France that they represent.

as a Zoe I know all about them, all these countries are pretty disgusting when you think about it

So whenever Diego Maradona’s hand of god goal is shown, I smile happily :lol:

In their typical arrogant fashion, English people make it seem like they would've won the tournament if not for that play.

What they always seem to leave out is the fact that Maradona went on to school their entire defense for the second goal, that it was a QF match, and that even if they had gone on to win it, they would've had to beat a very good Belgian team and then the mighty Germans to win the WC.

I don't think it's fair to say "they were colonizers in the past, so I have to hate them" You'd have to hate on damn near 80% of the world in that case.

However, English fans still act like colonizers in their own countries and whenever they travel abroad. I know a lot of you might think "England is the closest thing to the US, so I don't get why people dislike them" but tell that to the rest of Europe and much of Asia that have to suffer through drunk English fans/tourists coming through to abuse the locals. I haven't been to a single country in my life without them throwing beers/chairs at people, sexually harassing local women, or causing other types of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom