⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see our pos neighbors win the the league then to have pos pool win it.

Regardless I'm gonna be hurt.

United don’t really care about City winning the league tho, no one in the EPL really cares. (Besides Pool who want to win themselves)

It literally goes to show you that City still aren’t on the big boy table. Everyone is like “let the UAE Princes take the league, just as long as it’s not a true rival”

Last edited:
www.OJogo.pt a Portuguese paper (FC Porto leaning paper, must objectively said) has claimed Benfica turned down 75 million from Juventus for Felix.

Take that for what it’s worth.

If that’s even remotely true, and Juve are really after Felix, Dybala will definitely get sold. (I’d still give Dybala another year, I think Juve need central midfielders much more)

Still think Felix should NOT join a big club. Not yet. As a Portuguese, I don’t want to see another Renato Sanches situation.

But Juve in the market for Ruben Dias from Benfica at CB. Another position Juve desperately need since their CB’s are old. This goes to show me Jorge Mendes has now taken over Juve :lol:

Last edited:
Coupé It Coupé It , that reporting makes sense. If Joao Felix continues on his current trajectory, he's going to land Benfica a fee upwards of 100M euros before the lad even turns 21. I've said this before, see him more as baby Coutinho rather than the next CR7.

United don’t really care about City winning the league tho, no one in the EPL really cares. (Besides Pool who want to win themselves$

It literally goes to show you that City still aren’t on the big boy table. Everyone is like “let the UAE Princes take the league, just as long as it’s not a true rival”

Agreed

As for JF, if he jumps now he's gonna lose a lot of playing time. Realistically, what team that can afford him would start him?

Coupé It Coupé It , that reporting makes sense. If Joao Felix continues on his current trajectory, he's going to land Benfica a fee upwards of 100M euros before the lad even turns 21. I've said this before, see him more as baby Coutinho rather than the next CR7.

Baby Coutinho could be a good comparison. Felix might be more quicker and faster.

But agreed on the “next CR7” BS narrative Benfica keeps pushing. Not even close. Way too different.

That media driven headline needs to stop.

I know we can win out, but it's not an easy thing to do like Armada Armada said. I really need Wednesday to be here and Sterling to keep his form. Sane need to play too.

Honestly can't see City winning the league given the form Liverpool are in. City still have Tottenham (league match) and United. I think Leicester and Watford are tough games too. Obviously they should win them but they are not the easiest of games.

These next two week start will define our season most likely. Spurs at home in a high pressure 2nd leg with the semis on the line. High pressure game against spurs in the league with them fighting for their top 4 lives and game in hand against united at the swap fighting for their top 4 lives. Tough **** but I hope we can do it. I feel like if we can get through this week we should be able to retain the league l. Granted like was mentioned watford leicester and Burnley in the league won’t be push overs.

Nah, I don’t see United diving. Too much at stake, they need that top 4.

But that’s a good question. To you Manchester United fans!!!!

Rather be top 4 and have Liverpool win the league orrrrrrrrrr out the top 4 and have Liverpool lose????

looking at the schedule, there's no way Liverpool can blow their chances to win the League IMO.

United need to win out to get spot #4 by any means

This part is pretty funny. Not Jose using logic some of my homies do when they troll
When I was at Chelsea, there was so much in the press about my relationship with José Mourinho. But the truth is that I only ever spoke to him twice. The plan was always for me to go on loan for a bit. So I went to Werder Bremen in 2012, and that season went great. When I came back to Chelsea the next summer, a few German clubs wanted to sign me. Klopp wanted me to come to Borussia Dortmund, and they played the kind of football that I enjoy. So I thought maybe Chelsea would let me go.

But then Mourinho texted me, “You are staying. I want you to be part of this team.”

So I thought, O.K., great. I’m in his plans.

When I arrived for preseason, the vibe was good. I started two of the first four games of the season, and I thought I played O.K. Not brilliant, but pretty good. After the fourth game, that was it. I was on the bench, and I never really got a chance again. I didn’t get an explanation. I was just out of favor for some reason.

And, of course, I made some mistakes myself. I was a bit naive about the way that you have to handle yourself as a Premier League footballer. What I think most fans don’t realize is that when you’re out of favor at a club, you don’t get nearly the same attention during training. At some clubs, it’s like you don’t exist anymore.

If it happened to me now, it wouldn’t be a problem. I know enough to be able to train on my own and take care of myself. But when you’re 21, you don’t understand what it takes. When I got another chance to play, against Swindon Town in the Cup, I wasn’t in good shape. And then that was pretty much it for me.

José called me into his office in December, and it was probably the second big life-changing moment for me. He had some papers in front of him, and he said, “One assist. Zero goals. Ten recoveries.”

It took me a minute to understand what he was doing.

Then he started reading the stats of the other attacking forwards — Willian, Oscar, Mata, Schürrle.

And it’s like — five goals, 10 assists, whatever.

José was just kind of waiting for me to say something, and finally I said, “But … some of these guys have played 15, 20 games. I’ve only played three. So it’s going to be different, no?”

It was so strange. We had a bit of a conversation about me going back out on loan. And Mata was also out of favor at the time, so José said, “Well, you know, if Mata leaves, then you will be the fifth choice instead of sixth.”

I was completely honest. I said, “I feel like the club doesn’t really want me here. I want to play football. I’d rather you sell me.”

I think José was a bit disappointed, but to be fair to him, I think he also understood that I absolutely needed to play. So the club ended up selling me, and there was no big problem at all. Chelsea got more than double the price they paid for me, and I got into a much better situation at Wolfsburg.

07F4C2FF-D908-4203-9BDD-98A01987E677.jpeg
925A11FE-E370-4610-9FC0-A4392E1B3DB6.jpeg

Baby Coutinho could be a good comparison. Felix might be more quicker and faster.

But agreed on the “next CR7” BS narrative Benfica keeps pushing. Not even close. Way too different.

That media driven headline needs to stop.

Been hearing this "next CR7" nonsense for the past decade

Remember how Nelson Oliveira was also supposed to be the "next CR7" :lol:

Just let these young players develop naturally. We don't need them to be the "next CR7"; we just need them to be consistent and not fall off a cliff after 1-2 years of solid production

I think a lot of big clubs get so thirsty for the "next CR7" that they swoop up these young Portuguese players that haven't fully developed their game yet, and then the clubs let them rot on the bench once the players obviously can't live up to that expectation

Been hearing this "next CR7" nonsense for the past decade

Remember how Nelson Oliveira was also supposed to be the "next CR7" :lol:

Just let these young players develop naturally. We don't need them to be the "next CR7"; we just need them to be consistent and not fall off a cliff after 1-2 years of solid production

That's just the way it goes mayne. In Argentina, it's the "next Maradona." In Brazil, it's the "next Pele."

That's just the way it goes mayne. In Argentina, it's the "next Maradona." In Brazil, it's the "next Pele."

In Brazil the new thing has actually been “The next Neymar”

Guess because they shockingly haven’t produced a quality striker/CF in so long. But with the likes of Vinicius and Rodrygo when people get carried away they make the Neymar comparison. As much as he’s an F-boi these youngns have a lot to prove before there’s some legitimacy to the comparisons.

Phil Schoen making things up again, we're not paying for the stadium renovation out of pocket all at once. Its a 25 year loan repayment.

Need Jovic to get his EU citizenship if we do get him, we already have Vinicius, Militao, Rodrygo can go on loan but after next season it would be an issue, Valverde & Casemiro are getting their citizenships.

Pepe to barca

Hope this is true to keep his price down without the bidding war from Barca. Real just need a finisher don’t need a link up dude. Mariano ain’t it. Kane isn’t worth it, Icardi is a scumbag, Lewa is old.

Hope this is true to keep his price down without the bidding war from Barca. Real just need a finisher don’t need a link up dude. Mariano ain’t it. Kane isn’t worth it, Icardi is a scumbag, Lewa is old.
the price I seen is 70, there's a whole bunch of stuff coming out about how we have a good relationship with Frankfurt, I think it gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom