⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
that new juve kit reminds me of

scarface-poster-movie-poster-4.jpg

If you're a leader you're a leader, I wouldn't worry about armband, Ronaldo rarely wore the armband for RM but he was definitely a leader on the pitch, the same with Modric both are captains for their respective countries.
At club level I don't care who has the armband but in our national team I think it should be seen as a more prestigious award for excellent leadership on and off the pitch. At least that's how I see it.

Both Lukaku and Vertonghen always behave like a good leader on the pitch in spite of not wearing the armband. Clearly they don't need the recognition for it but I think it would be a nice gesture to see an actual leader rewarded with the armband as opposed to rendering it purely symbolic by giving it to someone like Hazard, who just doesn't have it in him to be a leader on the pitch. Which is fine, not everyone is built to be a leader on the pitch and we have multiple players filling in that role.

Hazard was given the captaincy when Kompany got injured around the time of the last Euros. I remember it caused a lot of confusion amongst the Belgian supporters. I recall quite a bit of criticism in the media as well about that decision. Not against Hazard personally but just the decision to make him captain.
He didn't give it back to Kompany when he returned from injury, though I assume Kompany would've never asked Hazard to return it.

I understand the captaincy has many different meanings to many different people but that's just my take on it in the specific circumstances of Belgium's national team.

**** you Brighton

get relegated
Spurs up to 70 points now with 1 more match played than Arsenal and United :pimp:
Arsenal (game in hand) missed 3 points in previous match, still on 66 points
United (game in hand) missed 3 points in previous match, still on 64 points
Chelsea missed 2 points in previous match ending in a draw, now on 67 points
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I can respect that

The Juve kit looks better in person, its lacking some execution tho, I think they could have done a lot more, juve always looks better in blacks shorts

So true. Ramos was the “captain” because he was the great White Spanish Knight, he was the mascot. But Ronaldo ran **** in the dressing room and on the pitch.

But as for Pogba, bro, it really looks like RM are going to pay €150 million for this dude. And if they do, I’m not gonna blame Flo this time, the responsibility will be on Zidane.
nah Ramos was the captain because he was the most senior, but Ramos legit holds weight amongst the players for better or for worst.

The Juve shirt will grow on people, you know it will, its one those type Jerseys that will take time. But I think it will def be dope on the field.

Actually, I think it gets uglier the more you look at it
To me it’s one of the worst kits I’ve ever seen.
Juves kits are always so clean too
Too much going on. One white sleeve one black. One side is a different color than the other and then to have that random pink line down the middle

And the back isn’t even split like the front. There’s a big black box on the back for the number set

Benfica only put his release clause at 120 sif a team came in for him they could negotiate down and get a reasonable fee, they didnt think he would be this good this fast. Now they're trying to raise it again because they'll be able to get the 120 mill for him easy.

Lazio fans amongst the worst of Italian fans, that's saying something

Serie A & Lazio have said nothing of course

Also it seems Insigne will be available this summer

Last edited:
Goes without saying but people who try to exclaim superiority over others is lame, but when it’s based on nothing that has to do with their own personal character or achievements it’s downright pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom