⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/

The season club coefficient is pretty confusing, but the regular club coefficient is based on your past 5 years in european competitions. I'm guessing that united EL championship is what's boosting them up

Good looks,was legit wondering cause it can't be based off recent form :lol:

The miracle in Paris is probably helping keep the squad in the top 10

A new league is forming in the United States that will have promotion and relegation. They want to move from the franchise model to the club model. Hazard, Ba, Sow are among owners.
https://www.nisaofficial.com/home

Oakland has a team! northoaklandfc northoaklandfc did/do you know anything about this? They play at Laney. Jersey looks dope. might have to cop

Yup yup. I signed up for the founding membership a while back got tickets for all the games in 2019.

Last weekend was their 2nd game, they hosted Juarez FC from Liga MX. Me and my U16s went to the game as a group.

They've done an astounding job the last 2 years engaging with the community and doing a lot of good work off the field before they ever played a game.

Signed a mix of of relatively big name talent and a bunch of local kids.

I think there's only a couple of home games but hit me up if you make it out, it's a party, the entire Oakland/Berkeley scene is in there.

One thing they forgot to mention is the fact that our accent in Spanish is heavily influenced by Italian. There are also Italian-inspired words we use that you won’t hear anywhere else in the Spanish speaking world.

my first ever GF in high school was a brown skin Argentine, too bad she was a H 0

she had that Antonella complexion too, not as pretty though :smh:

There's not a lot of Argentines with melanin, but the ones that do have it, where do they come from? Bantz Lord T Bantz Lord T
I’m no Argentine expert but I’m pretty sure Argentina still has a fair amount of indigenous people. That’d be why.

What Coupé It Coupé It said.

Watching CR7 like the Wolverine meme

Flo you’ve done so much good, but even a child can tell you that you don’t get rid of a top 2 player in terms of both ability and marketability.

It would have been nice seeing Flo build the squad the way Zizou first wanted. With CR7 still there and adding Mane into the mix, who has improved dramatically since that summer where people were confused about the Real rumors

Now both looking suspect and like their hopes lie in chubby Hazard

Won't be able to watch the first half but I'll probably miss out on a massacre :lol:

On a positive note :pimp:

Last edited:

Flo you’ve done so much good, but even a child can tell you that you don’t get rid of a top 2 player in terms of both ability and marketability.

It would have been nice seeing Flo build the squad the way Zizou first wanted. With CR7 still there and adding Mane into the mix, who has improved dramatically since that summer where people were confused about the Real rumors

i had no idea this was an even an option...selling ronnie was unfathomable
it was like the greatest gift i've never asked for.

did you see it coming?

With players like CR7 and Messi, you pay them what they ask and do everything you can to keep them as happy (even if they are egotistical pre-madonnas). In sports, you can never replace great, it’s much easier to sustain an asset than it is to obtain new assets (cheaper too).

Flo should have done what Barça are doing with Messi. Give him the contract he wants, keep him happy, and most importantly - Ride them till the wheels fall off. Squeeze as much greatness you can from the greatest players ever to roam this earth (that goes for all sports).

Ronaldo is not normal he really might be the first one ever to play at an elite level into his late 30’s. Yes it’s unheard of but Ronaldo has shown you what he is, he’s shown you his work ethic. Flo knew that, everyone knew that. But Flo let his ego get in the way, it’s really that simple. It’s a fireable offense in any business/industry.

Flo is also wayyy too powerful. The Barça presidents have never had and never will have Flo’s level of power. At Barça they rely on their President but always consult the board members, a president can never just make a decision without approval at Barcelona. That’s why I always said, “this would never happen at Barça”.

Of course the US scores a garbage *** goal to tie this up :lol: :smh: Uruguay's B (C?) team ****s up and gifts the US a goal when they havent done anything to deserve it.

Morris of all people too :lol:

Uruguay gonna steal it at the end....
Off the ****ing chest, at that :smh:

God that 2nd half was boring. Uruguay just sitting back knowing the US couldn't get a decent chance if they tried. Fluke goal. Uruguay looking dangerous at every chance they took.

Glad Berhalter knows what he's doing to improve the team..................

:ohwell:

EEJeGu6WsAAQDYO

i had no idea this was an even an option...selling ronnie was unfathomable
it was like the greatest gift i've never asked for.

did you see it coming?

Short answer, no

Longer answer. I thought Lopetegui was the right guy for the job. On paper it made sense. Shift to a more team-centered style and phase in younger guys he’s built a rapport with through the national team and youth ranks. And prime the team for Mbappe to eventually take Ronnie’s spot when the time was right for him contractually and said younger players were hitting their primes.

But almost everyone sucked since last season, young and old. Llorente didn’t, and that got him a transfer. Isco was Lopetegui’s dude on the national team but that also didn’t work out at all.

And now with Zizou back we have no identity and are confused if we’re going old or young. I get it though because you can’t miss the CL so you can’t just go young.

I think too much responsibility is now put on the shoulders of Hazard. But this is also sort of what he asked for. To take himself to another level and prove that he’s BdO material, so I guess we’ll see if he is built like that. What I think is more likely is that he’ll get sucked into the side’s complacent culture that comes from the top down. From Flo and the vets.

I saw a tweet the other day that said “Madrid had the best transfer summer of any team and haven’t improved at all” crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom