⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a buy back, then I can understand, helps you generate some immediate cash, he goes somewhere and develops more, then you get him when the situation is right.

Anything other than is some trash.

Really sick of this year

Last edited:
I read this good explanation below of why they attached these high fees to the Arthur/Pjanic "sales"

I think I said it elsewhere but it's basically legal money laundering to keep some things in balance for both sides.
Juve can't just get a big fat injection of cash from Exor whenever they need it, but they can get a bunch of money from another club - in this case Barca.

Barca, on the other hand, they have a lot of issues, and a lot of debts to work on, "holes" to fill, so to speak. So the solution for both teams is to buy each others' players in an inflated deal (both are selling above their market value). The short of it is that the sales will show as "gains" immediately on the books. 72.5m goes straight in as "gains" for Barca. When they turn around and buy Pjanic (I think they are saying something like 60-70m there, too) it will be amortized over the length of the contract when it hits the books. So even though they are spending roughly as much as they are getting, it will show up at least for this year as a big gain. Ultimately it is just kicking the can down the road a bit to buy them more time to get their stuff in order. Of course if Barca aren't able to get things sorted in the next year then the "hole" gets even bigger, so to speak.

So, it's basically a player swap for sake of bookkeeping. I wouldn't pay much mind to the actual fee attached, and I wouldn't expect such a deal to be anything close to "normal" - all indications are that the "Corona-market" will still be noticeably depressed, this is just an odd one-off circumstance that's been purposefully inflated to make the balance sheet look better. It's not the same as a club simply spending big in spite of COVID.

Barca did something similar with the Neto/Cillessen swap last year

Lautaro and Rom rn

3HHVJPm.gif

I read this good explanation below of why they attached these high fees to the Arthur/Pjanic "sales"

I think I said it elsewhere but it's basically legal money laundering to keep some things in balance for both sides.
Juve can't just get a big fat injection of cash from Exor whenever they need it, but they can get a bunch of money from another club - in this case Barca.

Barca, on the other hand, they have a lot of issues, and a lot of debts to work on, "holes" to fill, so to speak. So the solution for both teams is to buy each others' players in an inflated deal (both are selling above their market value). The short of it is that the sales will show as "gains" immediately on the books. 72.5m goes straight in as "gains" for Barca. When they turn around and buy Pjanic (I think they are saying something like 60-70m there, too) it will be amortized over the length of the contract when it hits the books. So even though they are spending roughly as much as they are getting, it will show up at least for this year as a big gain. Ultimately it is just kicking the can down the road a bit to buy them more time to get their stuff in order. Of course if Barca aren't able to get things sorted in the next year then the "hole" gets even bigger, so to speak.

So, it's basically a player swap for sake of bookkeeping. I wouldn't pay much mind to the actual fee attached, and I wouldn't expect such a deal to be anything close to "normal" - all indications are that the "Corona-market" will still be noticeably depressed, this is just an odd one-off circumstance that's been purposefully inflated to make the balance sheet look better. It's not the same as a club simply spending big in spite of COVID.
What a piece of madness. Barca financially in shambles

Idk what is with these brands doing patterns only on the front but leaving sleeves and back plain. I have to imagine it’s cause of uniform guidelines like the arm patches needing to be visible and name sets and numbers are more visible on a plain back. If that’s the reason I get it but man does it take away from any shirt design that tried to use a pattern

Hakimi had a hell of a season. I just dont get it. Cuz carvajal was eh this season. Cant just be because hakimi wants to be a starter.. any player would love to have the chance to play for Real Madrid.. something is up.

a Rothschild parent company are thinking of buying Marseille ? To the conspiracy cave!🏃‍♂️

black chelsea kit only...

damn. and here I was hoping for a great injection of Madrid youth arriving soon with Hakimi, Odegarrd, VicJr, and maybe Theo finally. Jovic is young enough to still stay behind in line cuz the Bugatti still revving 10yrs later.

when you realise Pool gets to celebrate Guard of Honours at the remaining fixtures of City and Arsenal

chelsea too but no ill will on our part:lol:

For the record with Kouassi, Tuchel is talking about him playing in their most important match against dortmund. He came on in the 91st minute and played 1 minute with 1 touch of the ball :lol: Nobody really wants to be at that toxic plastic club. Everybody is basically dying to get out except scumbag icardi

First league title in 30 years and they celebrate by setting fire to an iconic building in the city and now they’re attacking ambulances trying to attend to people who have been injured. ****ing Christ.

anyways, congrats on joining the club:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom