⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mans psk out here sending people footy kits someone hook him up with their login for the beIN app so he can watch La Liga (I use someone else’s myself or I would.) The fact he watched Newcastle v Wolves should alarm the whole thread that he’s on the brink.

Also psk it’s 2019 fam if you really want to watch La Liga matches you can find ways to :lol: But someone hooking you up would make it easier.

I won't be able to watch any CL matches this week

tenor.gif

Anyone care to do their pre-Ro16 power rankings for the CL?

I only really watch RM so I can’t give a meaningful one. Think it would be fun to see it now and then how things pan out by the semis.

****** ****** plz... I told ya’ll dummies I liked Sarri a lot so I watch his Chelsea team from time to time. Plus he was playing against Pep. I def don’t watch “every game” bcs the football is terrible to watch. There was literally nothing else on tv so I threw that in while I worked. Since losing beIN I tried watching Prem games but I gave that ish up late Nov. Football in that league is f***ing horrendous.

You watched Newcastle vs Wolves earlier...

Damn Ramsey is actually going to juve, on 400k a week too :sick: I dont get it but hey

About to link up with szczesny and laugh at us all

Damn Ramsey is actually going to juve, on 400k a week too :sick: I dont get it but hey

About to link up with szczesny and laugh at us all

Maybe it’s the environment at Arsenal, but I think Szcesny has had a great spell in Italy. Could be that Serie A is just a worse league than the PL. Ramsey should do fine. I just feel like Juve could have a better midfield if they actually spent.

Anyone care to do their pre-Ro16 power rankings for the CL?

I only really watch RM so I can’t give a meaningful one. Think it would be fun to see it now and then how things pan out by the semis.
Basing it on paper with injuries and my own opinion.

1a-Barca
1b-City
3-Liverpool
4-Dortmund
5-Juve
6-Real Madrid
7-Man U
8-Bayern
9-Tottenham
10-Atletico
11-PSG
12-Lyon
Porto, Roma, Ajax and Shalke

I forgot there is VAR in the CL starting this round

We reportedly made our bid on Jovic, nothing from a legit source, Frankfurt & Jovic's team doing a good job of creating a bidding war so far

Last edited:
I forgot there is VAR in the CL starting this round

We reportedly made our bid on Jovic, nothing from a legit source, Frankfurt & Jovic's team doing a good job of creating a bidding war so far

I don’t get how teams notice Jovic, but not someone like Piazek when he was with Cagliari. Milan got themselves a gem who will go for a big sum if he continues his impressive run.

Tuesday, February 12
12:55 pm ET - Fenerbahce vs. Zenit (Europa League), B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Man United vs. PSG (Champions League), TNT, UniMas, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, Sling TV, PlayStation Vue, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Roma vs. Porto (Champions League), Galavision, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - West Brom vs. Nottingham Forest (Championship), ESPN+

Wednesday, February 13
2:45 pm ET - Brentford vs. Aston Villa (Championship), ESPN+
3:00 pm ET - Ajax vs. Real Madrid (Champions League), UniMas, Univision Deportes Network, fuboTV, B/R Live
3:00 pm ET - Spurs vs. Dortmund (Champions League), TNT, Galavision, fuboTV, PlayStation Vue, B/R Live
6:30 pm ET - Sao Paulo vs. Talleres (Copa Libertadores), beIN SPORTS, fuboTV, Sling Latino, Sling World Sports

Or he can be the next Belotti and Milinkovic-Savic. Serie A be overvaluing more in form and hype players than the Prem sometimes.

Yeah maybe. Granted I haven’t seen him play before his move, but dude has impressed me with Milan.

I’ll agree that Serie A talent/hyped players don’t always transition well in other leagues.

I'm not really torn about Ramsey leaving for Juve. I give alot of props to his agent for pulling that deal off.

He worked hard to come back from that Shawcross injury that could've potentially ended his career and he gave us great moments to cherish like the two FA cup winning goals.

But he has also been wildly inconsistent and at times downright poor ( Those ******* backheels).

The season he scored nearly 20 goals and had over 10 assists saw him as one of the best MF's in Europe that year and alerted all the major clubs. Arsenal had offers coming in for 50M.

We thought we would see him turn the corner and become the player he was meant to be. But it never happened. He never reached that kind of form again.

His injury record wasn't great and he would be in and out of the squad for long stretches and when he would come back, he was unable to find any real form.

His 11 years at the club has had some highs and lows. He epitomizes so much of the last decade of Wenger's reign....Wildly inconsistent with so much promise but offering little when it matters.

It's a shame he never fulfilled his true potential with us but maybe a new challenge in Serie A can bring the best out of him. On his day he can go toe to toe with anyone in Europe.

But he needs to be fit and consistent or else he'll be sitting next to Allegri on the bench. Good luck to him and I wish him nothing but the best.

Or he can be the next Belotti and Milinkovic-Savic. Serie A be overvaluing more in form and hype players than the Prem sometimes.

Yea it kinda feel like Serie A and Bundesliga players seem to adapt to the prem the worst of all the big European league while it's usually the opposite for players from Ligue 1 and La Liga

One of the Portuguese channels I have rebroadcast a Benfica game. Think it was an older one. Caught the second half... Their winger Joao Felix looks promising... His touch, dribbling, passing, & finishing are really nice. First thing I noticed was that he moves off the ball really really well to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom