⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the issue with reviewing challenges that weren't called fouls in real time, if you watch a challenge over and over again in slowmo looking for a foul, you're going to find a foul. VAR should be limited to offside calls (or lack thereof), whether the ball crossed the line, and the spot of fouls that were already called in real time. Challenges that weren't called in real time should not be reviewed because then review becomes the crutch that it has become for officials in the NFL.
And where does the scope of review stop cause on any corner kick you will be able to spot numerous fouls going both ways every time

This is the issue with reviewing challenges that weren't called fouls in real time, if you watch a challenge over and over again in slowmo looking for a foul, you're going to find a foul. VAR should be limited to offside calls (or lack thereof), whether the ball crossed the line, and the spot of fouls that were already called in real time. Challenges that weren't called in real time should not be reviewed because then review becomes the crutch that it has become for officials in the NFL.
Personally I thought it was a foul real-time first time I saw it when I went to go watch the real time clip first and then the replays confirmed my suspicions. I don’t have a problem with it being used in those situations as long as the refs consistently call fouls like that which the should. That’s my concern. We’ve seen refs enforce these calls on these situations for like a month then let it go after but they need to stick to it maybe VAR can force them to stick to it. Also I’m not mad at chiellini going down easy. We’ve seen refs countless times not call clear fouls cause the fouled player didn’t go to ground. If the refs did their jobs right players wouldn’t have to exaggerate the contact to make sure the ref notices what was otherwise a clear foul

a not called foul that leads to a goal, that should definitely be reviewed, the VAR rules at the world cup should be universal in all FIFA competitions

VAR has been a mess in La liga, it was bad in serie a last year, and it coming to the EPL next year

The fact that a player has to exaggerate the contact (dive) to get a ref to call a foul probably means that there wasn't enough contact to warrant a foul anyway...
I disagree. A lot of times it’s a foul but the refs don’t notice cause they treat it as not being a foul unless someone goes to ground which shouldn’t be what determines a foul or not. Think Luis the other week when he clearly pushed Jesus in the back while he was shooting in the box. Clear foul that affected Jesus shot and shoudlve been a pen but because Jesus didn’t go to ground the ref didn’t call it.

Dz5Bn1tWkAEEdcr

:lol:

No way a big *** cb falls like that with a hand. He felt that hand and smelled morata going for gol behind his ***. Dude won an oscar with that performance. Makes the mexican squad look like rookies for their oscar tactics.

Again with this bull****

1A- DDG
1B- oblak

**** is a ter stegen?.. he’s not even the best German goalkeeper let alone best in the world.

Juve's attack was supposed to look lively but it looks old, slow, and lacked creativity ( Atletico has an all time great backline). They got Ronaldo a few years too late and they don't have a great midfield and wing play to take advantage of the ability he has left in the tank.

Last edited:
Again with this bull****

1A- DDG
1B- oblak

**** is a ter stegen?.. he’s not even the best German goalkeeper let alone best in the world.

Lol thats a hot take.

Ter is unquestionably the best German GK. (This coming from a Madrid fan who abhors any and all barça players.)

Good to see CR7 suffering we don’t gotta deal with his primadonna attitude anymore, although I would have loved to knock Juve out in a later stage.

That Juve call is such a tough call. As an attacking player youd say no way it was a foul...as a defender youd say of course it was a foul. But when they went to VAR they had to overturn it with that evidence. Even thought it was a slight push...it was still a push, so you had to overturn the goal at that point.

Now when i watched it live...i literally said out loud...thats a push...oh well. Thinking that there was no way they would call it better yet go to VAR and over turn that.

But wouldn't you think that the diego costa miss was a foul as well? For me when he took a step over literally shoved Bonucci off the play then missed his shot. I thought that was a worse foul then morata pushing off. There is always inconsistencies but at least Atletico won the game. So regardless of some of the iffy calls i feel like the team that deserved to win actually won

After seeing the first gol that they let atletico make and juve defender layed actn like he got his wig split and start the oscar tatics after the gol cross the net. I called fake news on push to 100%.

Despite rumors of interest in Spain,him and Anders extensions are reportedly gonna be announced soon. Need them to focus on locking Dave and Pogs down next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom