⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what happens, Ole's earned the job in my eyes....and most importantly, he's at the wheel.

He's also had some past success at the Nou Camp...:nerd:

Not expecting anything but crazier things have happened :lol:,especially with this years CL feeling like comeback/underdog szn

The draws in all cup competitions haven't been kind at all to United this season,kind of happy for the experience it's giving the squad

That was just one deranged fool...

Thoughts on Juve?

Ajax is tough, and they’re feeling dangerous after knocking off the giants.

If Juve can utilize the speed they have on the wings in the attack and the defense with Sandro and cancelo I think they’ll be in a good position. Draw and stretch out ajax’s back line.

I like their chances of advancing, I just think Juve’s defense and midfield won’t make the same mistakes that RM had against Ajax. More disciplined.

They gave us weakest possible matchups
this might be true but look how the semi's and the finals might turn out

could be barca/united vs liverpool
city vs ajax or juve

finals could be a manchester derby - or united vs pool
or messi vs ronnie or barca vs city (pep vs barca)

We would draw Napoli out of all the other squads. Even the draw was very Arsenal-like.:lol:

The one thing we can hang our hat on is that we beat them in the CL a few years back. But this is a different side and our backline can be calamitous at times. Definitely gonna need to be more disciplined away from home. Insigine gonna be a problem.

I like when squads from the same league face each other, gives it a derby vibe and potential for unforseen hatred

For arsenal, Napoli was the last squad I wanted to face :smh: the pace and counter attack of insigne, mertens, and callejon are scary. I'm still confident we can go through, our attack is just as good and I think we could win the midfield battle.

Pleaseeee.....

Liverpool are going to treat their trip to Porto as a small vacation and maybe **** a couple whores while they’re there...

giphy.gif

Ajax is tough, and they’re feeling dangerous after knocking off the giants.

If Juve can utilize the speed they have on the wings in the attack and the defense with Sandro and cancelo I think they’ll be in a good position. Draw and stretch out ajax’s back line.

I like their chances of advancing, I just think Juve’s defense and midfield won’t make the same mistakes that RM had against Ajax. More disciplined.

Since Juve are up like 20 points in the league, Allegri should use the spare League games to play more positive and attacking football. He doesn’t need to have them huffing and puffing like Tuesday, but he needs to tinker with some offensive tactics.

Besides magical Tuesday Juve have been poor since Winter Break. He has to get Dybala and Costa to start clicking with Ronaldo. Costa needs to get fit first too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom