⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
this might be true but look how the semi's and the finals might turn out

could be barca/united vs liverpool
city vs ajax or juve

finals could be a manchester derby - or united vs pool
or messi vs ronnie or barca vs city (pep vs barca)
The final couldn’t be united vs liverpool. They could meet in the Semis st the most the way the bracket is set up
B899C53C-628E-4971-BD6E-B494C0469143.jpeg

:lol: @ psque
I’m a little worried defensively. When do the matches start?
United’s speed bothers me. Hopefully United does something dumb and starts lukaku.
  • Tottenham/Man City vs. Ajax/Juventus
  • Barcelona/Man United vs. Liverpool/Porto
Gonna have to pull a Roma

The draw looks super entertaining all around. Ajax is def a complete wild card at this point. But obviously favor Juve based on experience.

But City vs Tottenham is a bit of a toss up since its england v england but favoring City
Barca vs united will be entertaining for sure...but favor Barca even without Dembele
I think everyone expects pool to roll through porto

de ligt is going to get a huge test with ronaldo
de ligt is great in the air though...i think he should fare well
he's had to mark ronnie on an international stage and did amazingly well...this is a whole different beast though.
i expect frenkie to eat this midfield up. i wouldn't be surprised to see ajax advance

who are united's starting cb's?
smalling and lindelof? ander is going to have to try and slow down messi. so that's not happening. the cb's are in for treat

As a Liverpool fan, you should feel great about this match-up. **** storylines, it's all about advancing.

Porto is actually in as tight a league race as we are, right behind or tied with Benfica the last I checked. Should be a fun clash, but I do like our odds greatly.

Porto is actually in as tight a league race as we are, right behind or tied with Benfica the last I checked. Should be a fun clash, but I do like our odds greatly.

Unless they have improved drastically from last year when we advanced 5-0 on aggregate, we should be fine. That being said, we can't take it for granted as crazier things have happened.

They def stand a chance cause speed kills and valverde is a wild card

If Barca plays to their potential...I think we go through comfortably. No disrespect to United but
Defensively the back line and midfield doesn’t worry me.
I’m just worried about the counter.

A huge question will be to start umtiti or lenglet.
Lenglets been amazing for us and he locked down United last year especially lukaku with Sevilla. Those performances actually sealed the deal for Barca. It convinced the directors of the transfer

Last edited:
I may be wrong, but I don't think that United stands a chance against Barcelona.

You're not wrong :lol:

Prime Vidic and Rio couldn't stop Messi,not expecting Vic and Smalling/Bailly/Phil to fair much better...

Think we can make it interesting on the counter but can't see the backline holding up against that Barca firepower,got too much quality all around in the MF + attack and they're not renown bottlers like Q$G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom