⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Man City get their ban overturned.

We’ve bottled the top 4 and we’re going to bottle the top 5, so I don’t really wanna know.

Bennett and Evans against United last day? No thanks.

****ing fuming.

Hope Man City get their ban overturned.

We’ve bottled the top 4 and we’re going to bottle the top 5, so I don’t really wanna know.

Bennett and Evans against United last day? No thanks.

****ing fuming.

Hopefully y’all can bounce back after this but that result today was super rough

on the ban I have no idea how it will go whatever happens happens and I will the club I and it’s true fans will still be here.

A part of me has no reason to believe we are innocent with this inflated sponsorship that’s in question from years ago given who currently owns the club but as far as the people who run the club I have a hard time believing they would be that stupid to have that stuff in emails UEFA claim we did. Our board hasn’t been arguing UEFA went to far with their punishment they been straight up arguing we did nothing wrong and the emails UEFA used as proof where out of context and that they would provide the full context to CAS since they are an independent and fair body. Extremely bold claim for our board to make there’s no guilt at all cause if there just talking **** all of them in that board room should lose their jobs.

because of how adamant they been about this I think reduction to a 1 year ban is the least likely outcome. It’ll either be upheld or exonerated

3AF0B5BF-DDEF-4D2C-A450-B58C3EA5F170.jpeg

I’m glad it’s been overturned. For my sanities sake.

butreally what is the point in FFP and having complete evidence if they’re just gonna ignore it.

I’m glad it’s been overturned. For my sanities sake.

butreally what is the point in FFP and having complete evidence if they’re just gonna ignore it.
Looking at CAS rulings it seems like the evidence UEFA used was bull**** they didn’t have any hard evidence on us like they claimed they did. the only thing we did wrong according to CAS after seeing our evidence to prove we did nothing wrong was not cooperate with the initial USFA investigation in the first place which we didn’t do cause we knew UEFA would not be fair in considering our proof. I won’t pretended like I’m not surprise but it turns out our boards bold claim we did nothing wrong was true and UEFA lookin pretty ****in stupid right now trying to ban us on faulty evidence in the first place. I think FFP will be fine cause this has less to do with FFP and more to do with competency of UEFA running with now proven out of context leaks And basing their whole case on that

Wait so they were found guilty enough to fine them but not enough to ban them? Lol son this is a joke

Wait so they were found guilty enough to fine them but not enough to ban them? Lol son this is a joke
Read the verdict we were not found guilty On the charge of disguising funds CAS said we deserve a fine not cooperating with UEFAs initial (now proven to be horse****) investigation and ruling in the first place.

the fine has a separate reason from the case

Last edited:
I don’t believe a damn thing printed in that release Armada Armada . You think they are just gonna come out and say they were paid off?

So now CAS a known independent and respected body that no one questioned before unlike UEFA clearly was paid off...Sure y'all can just keep thinking that If you want easier than just accepting this was all bull**** UEFA was full of **** and y'all was wrong.

If we could've just paid someone off why didnt we pay UEFA off in the first place and avoid all this even going to an independent body?

We’ll lose all 3 of our games now, finish 7th.

Genuinely can’t even be bothered to watch our last 3, we’re pathetic

So Citeh got off on a statute of limitations type technicality huh...UEFA:rofl:

Sporting wise it'll be more satisfying for United playing their way into the CL but long term footy wise, this is kind of the end of FFP and potentially UEFA long term

Nothing's stopping a club like Newcastle or others owned by whole countries now from just going prime Abramovich and buying up everyone and their mother in the future since :lol:

Wouldn't surprise me if this was the final push needed for that breakaway European Super League idea the blue bloods have been floating around for years either...

Again if y’all read the verdict I don’t think this has major implications against FFP. This is now more about UEFAs competency

CAS sited two reasons
1. The alleged breaches where not established (meaning didn’t happen)
2. Or time barred (outside of a statute of limitations/already “punished” for it because this is from a old case they already ruled on)

citing nothing regarding FFP in their decision
that has more to do with the fact that this specific initial retry case and ruling by UEFA was wack and less to do with the legitimacy of FFP and it’s rules. The only thing really coming damaged outta this is UEFA cause CAS essentially ruled they didn’t have a leg to stand on here To make the decision they did

Last edited:
It's been made real clear FFP only genuinely applies to Turkish, Eastern European and clubs that don't move the needle and the money much anymore like Milan, not the big boys :lol:

Eating a fine is nothing to these monarchy owned clubs man

Naa it's been made clear FFP only genuinely applies to Turkish, Eastern European and clubs that down move the needle much anymore like Milan, not the big boys :lol:

Eating a fine is nothing to these monarchy owned clubs man
I agree it’s been made clear but that’s been made clear by UEFAs actions and application of FFP over the years this ruling does not specifically make that clear. This ruling just concludes UEFA where full of **** in this case against City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom