⚽️The Footy Thread: USA v Ecuador, Belgium v Russia, Austria v Poland, Holland v Belarus

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by mastamind89, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Not emm mad...:pimp::pimp:

Man Utd :frown:

2. jape

jape

3. Lol

4. jape

jape

Another idiot.
    Says he didn’t pick lenglet cause he doesn’t have international experience. How the **** is he supposed to get that experience?
    Meanwhile walking mistake kimpembe is an automatic pick

5. noskey

noskey

I will always, forever, and never waiver in saying that France won the World Cup despite Deschamps, not because of him.

6. Neuer should be retired too after Mane’s goal

ootherocoo, jape, sonoftony and 4 others like this.

7. This is stupid

flyeed likes this.
  8. A non-European will never win this competition under a format like this

9. I've got MC, Juve, MU and LFC advancing.

Beans and tsamshox like this.
  10. Black Lotus

Black Lotus

MC, Ajax, Barca, LFC

11. macbk

macbk

I don't see United getting past Barca.

12. ROYGBiV

ROYGBiV formerly eyeseesoles

Just realised Jovic is gonna face his old club. Well current club technically. Footy is mad poetic.

13. how trash is it gonna be for Benfica if he scores the knockout goal, then Frankfurt activates his buy clause, sells him for a good bag and Benfica gets none of it.

14. Can Jovic even play against his parent club? Surely Benfica implemented a clause in which Jovic can't play for Frankfurt against them in European competition.

15. there's none of that in UEFA competitions

16. I realize it's an unpopular take but I'm sticking with a Juve vs. United final at Wanda. It's largely contingent on OGS finding the right centre-half pairing to go with Vic, whether that's Smalling or Bailly. Also Martial being fully fit after the groin injury. I don't think Ole will actually do it, but I'd like to see him start Dalot over Ash Young at OT the first leg.

17. Gotcha, man. My mistake then. FWIW, I don't think Frankfurt beats Benfica over two legs anyway.

18. [​IMG]

Might be a classic kit, not sure about **** boy pose tho

19. I've been waiting to cop a James or Dav Sanchez for Colombia. Might scoop a Quintero River Plate too while I'm at it.

Quick tidbit on RM:
    Not that any of us believed James was in Zizou's future plans, given his obsession with subbing on Lucas over Rodriguez but the Militao signing actually complicates the matter even further. Because of the three-player, non-EU limit. Vini is obviously one, Militao becomes two. Rodrygo Goes would be the third, unless we loan him out, which is very possible.

RM really betting Militao is the next Marquinhos, that can play CB, RB and CDM. Because that fee we're paying Porto is huge compared to what they paid SPFC for him on the low.

Edit:
    @Coupé It, from what I've seen at SPFC and Porto, Militao plays aggressive in defence. Has a propensity for fouling and picking up cards. Not afraid to be on the ball when we play out the back.

20. rolaholic

rolaholic

Yet another trash decision by FIFA

21. jape

jape

Club World Cup sounds terrible
    Who asked for this?

22. ROYGBiV

ROYGBiV formerly eyeseesoles

48?

I ain't trying to watch El Salvador get washed 20-0 buy a European powerhouse.

23. FIFA is trying to do way too much. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ootherocoo and sonoftony like this.
  24. flyeed

flyeed

Bale apparently wants to stay at Real. I’d really like to know why. Dude can go from being the outcast here to a hero in the EPL. Maybe part of it is he thinks his injury proneness is more suited for the Spanish game. But I think it’s gotta go deeper than that.

25. jking0821

jking0821

This is definitely strange. Like when he plays for Wales he is a leader and a world beater....you would think he would want to do that for a club as well and wouldn't be ok just riding the bench and being constantly critisized. But hey if he is happy and enjoying life the way it is.....happy to have him stay at RM he is an amazing talent.

DoubleH likes this.