⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emotional Madridista pick :lol:

But I forgot Barça folded under pressure last year vs Roma, so considering that - I’ll improve United’s chances of winning from 5% to 13.5%

Oh and my opinion on Militão is - I don’t think he’s that great. I have my reasons. Porto may have fleeced Florentino like we did s couple years ago with Danilo >D
I'll never forgive you guys for Mangala :frown:

Emotional Madridista pick :lol:

But I forgot Barça folded under pressure last year vs Roma, so considering that - I’ll improve United’s chances of winning from 5% to 13.5%

Oh and my opinion on Militão is - I don’t think he’s that great. I have my reasons. Porto may have fleeced Florentino like we did s couple years ago with Danilo >D
Not emotional, bruv. I’ve said Juve vs. MU final the whole way. Gonna stand by that. I think first leg being at OT is an advantage for OGS.

Well, at the very least, Militao just turned 21 and can play three different positions.

Do y’all know except for Sevilla, we’ve conceded the most goals in the top 8 of La Liga. SMH. No pride in defending this campaign, at all.

There was some crazy stat first half, round of 16 at the Bernabeu before Ajax knocked us out of CL. Like 8 of the last 9 goals scored at our home ground were by visiting opponents.

We’ve also hit the post like 8 times throughout the CL competition. Only City has done so more.

Sloppy defending coupled with unclinical finishing is why RM doesn’t have the chance to defend four in a row, #14 overall.

B7F8455F-E6A2-417D-B973-5D192ABB8A3F.jpeg
We ready for Celta Vigo, bros.

champcruthik champcruthik sounding like a bonafide hater. RM are far removed from the team that won 3 CL titles in a row, all because the team uses that to mask the fact the team is incapable of playing well for an entire season as opposed to just one off games here and there. How many managers has Barca cost RM this season? How many wins does Barca have against RM this season? RM are like Pedro Martinez on the Red Sox, need to start calling Barca your damn daddy and recognize real b.

champcruthik champcruthik sounding like a bonafide hater. RM are far removed from the team that won 3 CL titles in a row, all because the team uses that to mask the fact the team is incapable of playing well for an entire season as opposed to just one off games here and there. How many managers has Barca cost RM this season? How many wins does Barca have against RM this season? RM are like Pedro Martinez on the Red Sox, need to start calling Barca your damn daddy and recognize real b.
Lol, you in your feelings heavy. 'Sound like a hater,' when three posts before yours I straight up said RM lost to Ajax in CL because we no longer take pride in defending and don't finish our chances in front of goal. Which Madridista doesn't recognize the reality that we're knocked out of our tournament, CL, and also CdR. Not to mention it's obvious we likely won't close the 12-point gap on Barca. It's the very reason Flo sacked Solari immediately and brought back Zizou ASAP. Call Madridistas what you want, I don't care, truth is we always expect to win. In every match, every competition and every campaign.

I'm known for my impartiality on NT so I'm not gonna have you bloviating and ranting like a child. You're upset because I picked MU over your beloved FCB in CL. It's not because I'm anti-Barca in the slighest. I engaged in constructive debates with @abovelegit1 long before you were even around, who knew far more about the club history than perhaps anyone on here. I've joked with jape jape about OL and Memph. Credit was always properly given when Barca defeated us in the second leg of CdR and following La Liga fixture. Fair play, I can take Ls like a man.

It's an open field this year but Barca are the favorites, IMO. However, I outlined why I'm picking United with concrete points. Again, a difference could be if OGS has the guts to start Dalot at RB over Ash Young. Also Martial's return from a groin injury and finding the right CB pairing to go with Lindelof.

Know your history. FCB's home pitch has significance to Ole. It's where he scored the winner vs. Bayern in the '99 final. Don't act like Barca is invincible. No club is. Look back at 2008. MU held y'all scoreless over two legs and VdS didn't have much to do in net. That's with Rijkaard marching out an attacking 4-3-3 with the likes of Leo, Eto'o and Don Andres. Henry coming off the bench.

I welcome healthy debate but best believe, you better come with facts. And when you come at the King, you best not miss.

Lol

Like it wasn't a challenge to go to a brand new country and league and force yourself into the XI of a top side at 18...

He made a much better career choice than staying home and twiddling his thumbs for 80% of the time while getting token minutes now and then at the end of blowouts :lol:

Bro....
W.T.F. Are you yapping about now? Champ has done nothing but been a rational and objective RM supporter since I can remember. I accused him of making emotional picks for like the first time ever because I forgot he picked United....

You stay on some childish **** around here.

Bros, are y’all up from the night before cause I am, don’t tell me y’all are waking up at 6:45 on a Saturday.

Lol, you in your feelings heavy. 'Sound like a hater,' when three posts before yours I straight up said RM lost to Ajax in CL because we no longer take pride in defending and don't finish our chances in front of goal. Which Madridista doesn't recognize the reality that we're knocked out of our tournament, CL, and also CdR. Not to mention it's obvious we likely won't close the 12-point gap on Barca. It's the very reason Flo sacked Solari immediately and brought back Zizou ASAP. Call Madridistas what you want, I don't care, truth is we always expect to win. In every match, every competition and every campaign.

I'm known for my impartiality on NT so I'm not gonna have you bloviating and ranting like a child. You're upset because I picked MU over your beloved FCB in CL. It's not because I'm anti-Barca in the slighest. I engaged in constructive debates with @abovelegit1 long before you were even around, who knew far more about the club history than perhaps anyone on here. I've joked with jape jape about OL and Memph. Credit was always properly given when Barca defeated us in the second leg of CdR and following La Liga fixture. Fair play, I can take Ls like a man.

It's an open field this year but Barca are the favorites, IMO. However, I outlined why I'm picking United with concrete points. Again, a difference could be if OGS has the guts to start Dalot at RB over Ash Young. Also Martial's return from a groin injury and finding the right CB pairing to go with Lindelof.

Know your history. FCB's home pitch has significance to Ole. It's where he scored the winner vs. Bayern in the '99 final. Don't act like Barca is invincible. No club is. Look back at 2008. MU held y'all scoreless over two legs and VdS didn't have much to do in net. That's with Rijkaard marching out an attacking 4-3-3 with the likes of Leo, Eto'o and Don Andres. Henry coming off the bench.

I welcome healthy debate but best believe, you better come with facts. And when you come at the King, you best not miss.
Who is your daddy.....

Bro....
W.T.F. Are you yapping about now? Champ has done nothing but been a rational and objective RM supporter since I can remember. I accused him of making emotional picks for like the first time ever because I forgot he picked United....

You stay on some childish **** around here.
Wipe that dust off your nose b

Bros, are y’all up from the night before cause I am, don’t tell me y’all are waking up at 6:45 on a Saturday.
Had to work late so I didn't sleep yet. You went out to celebrate St. Patty's? As expected, saw mad drunk people in the city on my way home.

I'll never forgive you guys for Mangala :frown:
Lol, Porto straight fleeced City for nearly $35M. Mangala has barely made a dent on loan stints with Valencia and now Everton. Suffered a bad knee injury vs. Palace.

Keep it 100, Stefan Savic had me fooled when he came over to Etihad from Partizan in Belgrade. He kinda turned it around with Atleti though. @Diego Pasta, how you feel about Savic?

Like it wasn't a challenge to go to a brand new country and league and force yourself into the XI of a top side at 18...

He made a much better career choice than staying home and twiddling his thumbs for 80% of the time while getting token minutes now and then at the end of blowouts :lol:
I can see CHO making the same kind of impact as Jadon if he leaves Chelsea for Bayern. @vtotheinay, are Bavarian outlets still convinced CHO is coming in the summer to take the #10 shirt? Man's shown what he's capable of in EL. Sarri just hasn't played him regularly, or enough.

Edit:
What you think for April 10? OGS busts out the 4-3-1-2 he utilized against Liverpool to great effect. Let them have the ball and maintain possession, but with resolute, compact defending.

Maybe:
DDG
Dalot (it will be Ash)-Smalling-Lindelof-Shaw
Fred-Ander-Pogba
J-Lingz
Lukaku-Rashford

Last edited:
Had to work late so I didn't sleep yet. You went out to celebrate St. Patty's? As expected, saw mad drunk people in the city on my way home.

Yea dude you stay posting crazy late during the week, I assume you work nights?

Quick question.... Can you wife up a chick who snores? (Not literally wife either, I feel you’re about to get married :lol:)

I won’t get married until after 40, no way. But when I do, I predict wild divorces in the following years.

To tell you the truth, my third wife probably hasn’t even been born yet.

Lol, Porto straight fleeced City for nearly $35M. Mangala has barely made a dent on loan stints with Valencia and now Everton. Suffered a bad knee injury vs. Palace.

Keep it 100, Stefan Savic had me fooled when he came over to Etihad from Partizan in Belgrade. He kinda turned it around with Atleti though. @Diego Pasta, how you feel about Savic?
Savic has just recently turned over his leaf in my opinion. I hated him and would hate Simeone every time he deployed him because he used to be an absolite nuisance on the field. He would rack up cards and give penalties away like it's no one's business. Now he has kind of turned it around but he's grown on me from last year.

Why do people keep bringing up ole’s header against Barca like that has any significance at all?
You know what has more signifigance?
Barca washing Man U twice in the finals and the core of that team is still playing. Pique busquets and Messi.

I wouldn’t call Barca a favorite. Imo the field is even. I think Barca has the best squad in the competition but one of the worst managers.

Jovic is coming to Barca.

De jong, de ligt, and jovic is a great summer.
still need a LB though. I like cucarella...always have but no one seems to agree with me

Why do people keep bringing up ole’s header against Barca like that has any significance at all?
You know what has more signifigance?
Barca washing Man U twice in the finals and the core of that team is still playing. Pique busquets and Messi.

I wouldn’t call Barca a favorite. Imo the field is even. I think Barca has the best squad in the competition but one of the worst managers.
Neither of those are relevant.. I think you’ve done a good job of highlighting the advantages/threats of both teams. I’m remaining optimistic going into a tie against the goat & co. Guess we will get too see how world class jordi is.

Neither of those are relevant.. I think you’ve done a good job of highlighting the advantages/threats of both teams. I’m remaining optimistic going into a tie against the goat & co. Guess we will get too see how world class jordi is.
who is going to be yalls defensive line?
i keep seeing different names
your RB and right winger is going to be crucial cause they are going to have to defend while being isolated.
messi draws all the attention to the center and right side of the pitch which is why we have so much success down the left flank

and this is relevant

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom