⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: PSG v Bayern

Who Will Win Champions League?

• Bayern Munich

• Paris Saint-Germain

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xhaka got stripped of the captaincy :rofl:

Can't say I'm susprised after those scenes last week but I still dunno how he became skipper in the first place

Disappointing not to get the win, but I guess I’ll live with the draw in a match we looked to be completely out of at one point..

How was their only 4 added minutes? 4 or 5 goals, 4 subs, And VAR twice i believe. Odd

Why was Veltman sent off? I just watched the replay of that whole sequence but I didnt see why Veltman was carded.

Veltman carded for the handball for the second PK, Blind for the tackle and on his second. Veltman might’ve talked his way into the red going to the ref like that

So Veltman got carded because the ref didnt stop play for Blind's tackle/card, and then awarded Chelsea a PK and Veltman a red card for a questionable handball? That's wild ****ed up.

Veltman carded for the handball for the second PK, Blind for the tackle and on his second. Veltman might’ve talked his way into the red going to the ref like that

A few people have questions about the play in the chelsea match. Hopefully this makes sense.

Blind lunged out at the chelsea player, making contact w/ the top of the opponent's foot. Obvious yellow card.

Referee decided to play advantage.

During the continuation of play, Chelsea shot the ball (this is important because a shot on goal determines the yellow card) and the ball was handled by the defender on the way towards the goal.

the law says: Handing the ball to interfere w/ an opponent or stop a promising attack. the laws deem a shot on goal as a promising attack, meaning this would be considered a 'tactical foul'. A shot on goal that is handled by the defender will result in a PK/YC.

Now, the confusing part that seems to be prompting comments about the 2nd caution/what happened. In my opinion, this is how it went down.

Referee sees blind foul, sees possible advantage.
Allows advantage to materialize.
Shot on goal. Shot hits arm of Ajax's Veltman.
Penalty.

Moments pass.. and you see the referee put his finger to his ear piece. The law is clear that shot on goal that is handled = YC. Once that info was provided to the referee, they have the responsibility to issue the caution. That was the reason for the 2nd caution.

I know some will disagree, and if you do, fair. But please explain why you disagree if you do.

And the goal that was disallowed, it was because the ball hit chelsea player's hand first.. (i think it was abraham,) and rebounded to the goal scorer. Part of the VAR review includes handling in the build up of the goal. If the ball hits any part of the arm/hand and then scores/creates a goal scoring opportunity, it's handling. This is partly a result of the Henry thing years ago.

I believe this happened to England women during their world cup... Ellen White.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom